Page 285 of 613 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    which we've been discussing the past 3 pages lol
    Wow...I must stop assuming everyone goes to bed at the same time as me

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This is apparently the cover to Superman#9

Once again, very pleased with the body type. The only question mark left for me is what his character/personality will function like. Also digging how Jor-El looks like of an old scrapper here.

I also wonder if Bendis is planing on adding in more powers for Jon? There's been a lot of hullabaloo about Jon's powers--from their high potency to how hard they are to control--since Rebirth. And Bendis seems to be quite the fan of making sure to put a defining spin on characters powers especially when their are multiple characters of the same name. Miles was given venom blasts and camouflage, younger Jean was given her pink psychic leach from, older Scott had his powers "broken" so the ran sort of wild around the time younger Scott come along, and even Peter's female clone Jessica (Ultimate Spider-Man) shot webs out in a unique way.

I have to imagine with another Superboy, Lor-Zod, Clark, Kara, Zod, and Jor-El all floating around, Bendis will likely take the opportunity to add in some unique flavor to Jon's powers, or at least further define them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Once again, very pleased with the body type. The only question mark left for me is what his character/personality will function like. Also digging how Jor-El looks like of an old scrapper here.
    Yeah, he's a good head shorter then Jor El/Clark likely. I think the "17ish" age range was probably an exaggeration. He could be in the 13-14 range and the rest of his features look a lot younger there than in the previous cover.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

How tall is Jon now gonna be? Jor el seems to be bending and his legs are apart. Jon seem to be still shorter. I am still mixed about the new costume. It seems far to complicated like New52 armour. Especially considering the simplicity of the old design this feels like a whiplash. And I hate forcing homogeneity in superheroe costumes. This feel another clichéd armour design.

Same applies for armours.
    I don't know what I feel about turning Jon into warrior. The kid was playing superhero without knowing the fully what it entails in the Supersons series. This feel huge leap without the necessary parts to fill the gap.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I agree. Which is why we need the context of Jor El’s reappearance in Man of Steel explained. We likely won’t get that until after Doomsday Clock.
    My problem is that that context needed to have been explained from the get go not brushed aside as if it had no relevance to the situation at hand but Bendis failed to give it at the time Jon and Lois went off with Jor-El as he should have. I was and still am very leery of Jor-El because of his previous actions That has always been my issue with the whole "trip with Grandpa to space" and only the fact that Lois went with Jon made it even marginally acceptable to me.. Even then I was not at all happy with how easily both Clark and Lois accepted the idea because Jor-El is not at all the kind of person I would allow my kids to leave on any kind of extended trip with. Now on top of that Lois has returned to Earth leaving Jon presumably with Jor-El just to write some kind of book which honestly only adds to my problems with this whole thing.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't know what I feel about turning Jon into warrior. The kid was playing superhero without knowing the fully what it entails in the Supersons series. This feel huge leap without the necessary parts to fill the gap.
    We know there will be flashbacks to Jon and Lois' trip in space fill the gap though

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Another new look at Connor https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq8X9irnHtE/

Conner seems to be dipping into his Metropolis kid vibe. So maybe Jon is going to be this hard ass warrior, strict, serious Dude. And Connor will be the "not a care in the world" , playful, playboy teen.
    I am guessing that is how Bendis wants to differentiate them as characters. So that they could play of from each other. They might even pull of the good cop/bad cop routine.
    But I have reservations with Jon loosing his playful side. It is such an integral part of the character. Especially, in contrast with Damian.
    Edit- I just realized a returning Jon might have more in common with wonder woman than superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-03-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Bendis could focus on Jon being well-traveled and knowledgeable about space stuff vs Conner's more limited to Earth mind set. There's also a sort of "heir to the throne" vibe coming off Jon in his very regal costume given to him by his grandfather (Jor-El even directly calls him his heir in Man Of Steel).

There's also the very real possibility that Jon may now be a super genius now. Years under Jor-El's direct guidance and exploring the galaxy and other dimensions coupled with the fact that being rather brilliant is kind of genetic defining trait for Kryptonians (especially Jor-El's bloodline) would be very good grounds for Jon become quite brilliant. Conner's never be much of an intellectual, so that might be a big part of how they contrast one other?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bendis could focus on Jon being well-traveled and knowledgeable about space stuff vs Conner's more limited to Earth mind set. There's also a sort of "heir to the throne" vibe coming off Jon in his very regal costume given to him by his grandfather (Jor-El even directly calls him his heir in Man Of Steel).

There's also the very real possibility that Jon may now be a super genius now. Years under Jor-El's direct guidance and exploring the galaxy and other dimensions coupled with the fact that being rather brilliant is kind of genetic defining trait for Kryptonians (especially Jor-El's bloodline) would be very good grounds for Jon become quite brilliant. Conner's never be much of an intellectual, so that might be a big part of how they contrast one other?
    Still I wish or want atleast some of Jon's emotional innocence and naivety to be kept. I Wonder,what is new outlook on being a superhero is going to be? Earlier, superheroics were just fun adventures nothing more nothing less with his true friends Kathy, Damian and his gang.

I am getting New 52 superman vibe from Jon. The one thing New 52 superman was not is naive("atleast that is my perception of character"). I can also see the importance of the scar and his humanity. With him being more intouch with his kryptonian side like New52 superman.Maybe Jon has hard time staying grounded .I don't know how I feel about that. It is not something I wanted from the character. I like to get different things from different characters .

Intelligence, street smarts, power.. Etc are great. But i would like to see it more expanded.I would atleast like to see some of the Jon growing out of innocence and naivety stage.I would also like to see some of his training both body and mind.

maybe a training montage like Goku and Rocky during Travels with Jor el. I can imagine it now,Jon in a gravity chamber at 5 million times gravity or him trying to catch a chicken.lol, that would be fun. I also would like Jon to get the sword he always wanted.
    #superjedininjaboy
    Jon might not be sweet innocent kid anymore but atleast he would be Cool. Especially, if has a sword. Come on, who doesn't like a sword, especially if it is a space sword.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-03-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Earlier, superheroics were just fun adventures nothing more nothing less with his true friends Kathy, Damian and his gang.
    Yes, I'd say it started out like that for him in the beginning, but then he saw dead bodies, whole worlds explode, was mentally and physically tortured, saw a projection of his mom being gravely injured, and was mind controlled. Eventually heroics became a responsibility--one he greatly, greatly enjoyed, had a blast with, and could joke about, but a responsibility nonetheless.

Jon's also been shown in the past to question or even disagree with effectiveness of his father's methods (Black Dawn), so him having his own ideas when it comes to heroics would seem in line.

I would also like to see some of his training both body and mind. maybe a training montage like Goku and Rocky during Travels with Jor el.
    It's confirmed that we'll be getting flashbacks to his time in space, and it's all but assured that it will chronicle at least some critical growing moments for Jon.

Not sure I’d call Jon “innocent”. Tomasi put him through some dark stuff as part of his character development. Frying his cat, the Manchester Black arc, seeing Bizarroworld, heck even Super Sons had Jon exposed to some pretty nasty stuff like Kid Amazo. But he did kinda keep an upbeat look on life, so I am interested to see if he still has that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not sure I’d call Jon “innocent”. Tomasi put him through some dark stuff as part of his character development. Frying his cat, the Manchester Black arc, seeing Bizarroworld, heck even Super Sons had Jon exposed to some pretty nasty stuff like Kid Amazo. But he did kinda keep an upbeat look on life, so I am interested to see if he still has that mindset.
    Yes, he did. And he was growing out of it like superlad said .But at specific rate. I just don't want to get a whiplash feel like when a shifting gear to the 11 suddenly from 1.
    And yeah I agree had always kept his upbeat attitude. I would want that to continue.

Kon93

This older Jon looks to be everything we DONT want Jon to grow up 2 be,so maybe this whole story will be a way for Bendis to have us appreciate and want young jon back.

I can only hope.

You know one thing--maybe even the only real thing about the new look that is still a hard sell for me? The scar, man. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Not how or why it got there, but why it's part of the design.

The closest thing I can think of to reasoning for it is that it's almost like a touchstone back to his rough and tumble roots with the skinned knees and ripped jeans. Jor-El has him wearing this very regal and put together suit (as his heir), but Jon's hair seems to remain shaggy, and that scar denotes a bit of a roughneck quality to him that greatly constant the regal nature of the suit. It's almost like a his new version of the ripped jeans. But this whole scar business is gonna live and die by what Jon's personality like over the stretch of his arc.