Page 286 of 613 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You know one thing--maybe even the only real thing about the new look that is still a hard sell for me? The scar, man. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Not how or why it got there, but why it's part of the design.

The closest thing I can think of to reasoning for it is that it's almost like a touchstone back to his rough and tumble roots with the skinned knees and ripped jeans. Jor-El has him wearing this very regal and put together suit (as his heir), but Jon's hair seems to remain shaggy, and that scar denotes a bit of a roughneck quality to him that greatly constant the regal nature of the suit. It's almost like a his new version of the ripped jeans. But this whole scar business is gonna live and die by what Jon's personality like over the stretch of his arc.
    I love the scar and the hair. It is the best part of the design for me. Maybe it gives me some sense of familiarity with the new Jon from the old jon.
    I believe the reason it is there is because Jon is going to be more kryptonIan when he returns. So it is a counter balance. I also like the gloves. Wish he kept some more of the old design.Like I said earlier Jon feels like New52 superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-04-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Kon93

Could these 2 be any different from each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post

Could these 2 be any different from each other?
    Maybe that is the point. I am not going to say I like it entirely. But it is what it is.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh, I almost forgot, Bendis has themed these sneak peaks as Hanukkah gifts to us all, so possibly expect 6 more posts from him ending on the 10th, I believe. Funny enough, Superman issue 6 comes out on the 12th. That's pretty slick lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

He does seem very N52ish in appearance, I just hope that's the extent of the similarities. Despite my reservations I guess the biggest selling point for me will be his personality. Conner is back and Bendis is aware of how much we want that meeting between these two characters. We would have preferred little Jon as opposed to this new version but now that we are here, how will he make that meeting worthwhile? With Conner going back to his playful version self (I assume from the images already released), young Jon's persona may be a little similar to Kon's and that wouldn't leave much room for characterization for the two and the only good thing that would come out of it is a sibling-like relationship, with Kon being the awesomely cool big brother that Jon admires as much as he looks up to his father. But now they could be so different in personality the possibilities are a bit more endless going forward but it could also fall flat if Jon is suddenly too emo and so unlike the Jon we remember, creating the disconnect that Bendis' writing is prone to as we saw with #1004. I can get over him being aged this much this quickly but I need a solid connective thread from old Jon and new Jon, some semblance of his old self despite looking so different or else this little experiment will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    He does seem very N52ish in appearance, I just hope that's the extent of the similarities. Despite my reservations I guess the biggest selling point for me will be his personality. Conner is back and Bendis is aware of how much we want that meeting between these two characters. We would have preferred little Jon as opposed to this new version but now that we are here, how will he make that meeting worthwhile? With Conner going back to his playful version self (I assume from the images already released), young Jon's persona may be a little similar to Kon's and that wouldn't leave much room for characterization for the two and the only good thing that would come out of it is a sibling-like relationship, with Kon being the awesomely cool big brother that Jon admires as much as he looks up to his father. But now they could be so different in personality the possibilities are a bit more endless going forward but it could also fall flat if Jon is suddenly too emo and so unlike the Jon we remember, creating the disconnect that Bendis' writing is prone to as we saw with #1004. I can get over him being aged this much this quickly but I need a solid connective thread from old Jon and new Jon, some semblance of his old self despite looking so different or else this little experiment will fail.
    Agreed, this is how I feel as well regarding superboys meeting each other
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-04-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't want to say anything since the story isn't out yet, but honestly I'm extremely hyped about Jon being a teen and his costume is my favorite since superman reborn costume. I don't want to say I hope it is permanent yet, since we don't know how Jon will be written or what the full story will be, but I personally really like everything Bendis is saying and all the story possibilities.

And we already know if people keep buying adventures of super sons, that boo will continue out of continuity so what is even the problem here? Lets just enjoy what we want, it's no the end of the world.

Oh, I almost forgot, Bendis has themed these sneak peaks as Hanukkah gifts to us all, so possibly expect 6 more posts from him ending on the 10th, I believe. Funny enough, Superman issue 6 comes out on the 12th. That's pretty slick lol
    Yes, and the next few days will be more young justice variants according to his twitter.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 12-04-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't want to say anything since the story isn't out yet, but honestly I'm extremely hyped about Jon being a teen and his costume is my favorite since superman reborn costume. I don't want to say I hope it is permanent yet, since we don't know how Jon will be written or what the full story will be, but I personally really like everything Bendis is saying and all the story possibilities.

And we already know if people keep buying adventures of super sons, that boo will continue out of continuity so what is even the problem here? Lets just enjoy what we want, it's no the end of the world.

Yes, and the next few days will be more young justice variants according to his twitter.
    Not everyone likes the costume, the changes to the character, or ageing Jon up.

Some feel this is going affect the longevity of Jon kent.Some fear Returning guy would not be their Jon kent and will be a rebooted version of him. So they are welcome to share their opinion in a civil manner. Bendis's run so far, for many is mediocre. So they feel the need to criticise it and decision Bendis makes. They are allowed to right? It is a free forum.

The story has possibilities with new Jon , I won't deny that. But it does not, for many compare to the story possibilities they lost from aging or maybe rebooting old Jon.

The issue is, If adventures of supersons is continuing as an out of contnuity book. Then that book should be allowed to have different out of continuity superfamily, Bat family, and world Away from main books not shackled by it.Allow it to have it's own sense of progression and direction. Since you asked that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    This older Jon looks to be everything we DONT want Jon to grow up 2 be,so maybe this whole story will be a way for Bendis to have us appreciate and want young jon back.

I can only hope.
    I'm still all-in on my theory of this being done specifically because there's a convenient out, a connection to Snyders 2019 story which is I anticipate to "Zero Hour" the multiverse. I.E. try to fix problems with the current continuity (of which I think there will be more confusion than even now, as Doomsday Clock is looking to add more pre-FP stuff back). Jor-El will be dead again, Jon will be younger again, and maybe even the Kents will be back. IOW, to me this lasts till next summer or fall, depending on when said event is published.

As for Jon's costume, I actually like it better than his original look. Don't throw rocks at me, let me explain. I just hate strong plain clothes-inspired looks (I can stand a jacket or something over a costume like Kon or Diana's Odyssey costume for example). I hated Conner's t-shirt and jeans look. I hated Supergirl's t-shirt and skirt look. Even Morrison's Superman I only liked because it was rudimentary, designed to be replaced with a proper costume.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-04-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kon93

I do like the look and feel of this older jon,just not as a continuation of the Jon we had.i think this is more drastic then when Geoff changed SB into Conner imo and I couldn't really see them as the same character,this guy is a new guy to me.on his own merits,he might be cool,but it u try to twist my arm and see him as the same kid,I feel it's a shame,young Jon was great for what he was,and you dont see that very often,what u do see is over powered,pissy, teenagers though.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I personally really like everything Bendis is saying and all the story possibilities.
    I'm with on that 100%. I was having trouble wrapping my head around bases for the age up, but then Bendis hit me with that really touching analogy that equated to "they grow up so fast. Blink and you'll miss it." Putting that on a Superman scale is what actually finally sold me the idea pretty hard.

Did he confirm that it would just be Young Justice variants? I was hoping for a Superman variant or maybe some interiors. I'd love to see another artist take a crack at teen Jon, or see him in a more candid image.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm with on that 100%. I was having trouble wrapping my head around bases for the age up, but then Bendis hit me with that really touching analogy that equated to "they grow up so fast. Blink and you'll miss it." Putting that on a Superman scale is what actually finally sold me the idea pretty hard.

Did he confirm that it would just be Young Justice variants? I was hoping for a Superman variant or maybe some interiors. I'd love to see another artist take a crack at teen Jon, or see him in a more candid image.
    He replied to another DC employee asking about the other 4 YJ variant and said he is dropping one of them each day. Hanukkah seems to end on the 10th, so I guess there will be time for more things. Though he could just show more wonder comic/jinxsworld things.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...39391240028161

BANNED

Whoops, Bendis' Superman story already dealt with a vanishing Earth, and now Grant Morrison's Green Lantern sees the planet abducted again!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...tern-spoilers/

Man, I'm starting to realize that I really don't get bleedingcool. Like, if an alien invasion happens in two books running at the same time should editorial be given 40 lashes for their gross oversight? Or......maybe--just maybe--it's a wacky superhero world, and as a reader I'll physcially fight you if you were to say say, "no, you can't have more than one story about the whole Earth vanishing just months apart because....reasons." One is because a super science facility royally screwed up, and the other is because it's apparently being auctioned off at a cosmic auction house. Going back to the alien invasion example, I don't care if White Martians invade Earth over in Martian Manhunter, and Appelaxians invade in Hawkman.

Why was this even written up? Why the jab at two totally different editorial houses? Like, I'm asking.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Earth can't catch a break. 🤣