Page 287 of 613 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 9194

Yeah Earth being invaded by Darkseid happens regularly but I’m not seeing people pick up pitchforks over that. BC is just stirring the pot, hoping to catch clicks like always.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not every fan who reads Superman is going to read Green Lantern, and vice versa. So I have to wonder what the big deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    and the other is because it's apparently being auctioned off at a cosmic auction house.
    ......who the crap would buy earth? It's a pain in the ass planet that no one can keep under control, it's always causing problems for the galaxy......there's not even a ton of viable, useful resources to exploit and it's too far off from the galactic center to be used as anything other than a penal colony or a military outpost where you send your screw ups.

Only reason why anyone should buy the planet is to wipe it out and make the universe a little bit safer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ......who the crap would buy earth? It's a pain in the ass planet that no one can keep under control, it's always causing problems for the galaxy......there's not even a ton of viable, useful resources to exploit and it's too far off from the galactic center to be used as anything other than a penal colony or a military outpost where you send your screw ups.

Only reason why anyone should buy the planet is to wipe it out and make the universe a little bit safer.

Dont give them ideas man lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Doesn't DC Earth have a disproportionate amount of people with metahuman abilities or potential abilities?

In which case, in the unlikely event that an opponent could wipe out it's current defenders, they could potentially "mine" it for children that could grow up be extremely powerful soldiers.

Otherwise, it might just be a scale thing. Buy 7.2 Billion, get half off. Y'know, the galactic CostCo of slavery.

BANNED

A 9-page guide to Wonder Comics

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS presents…

I was a Marvel kid (duh) but I was a DC teenager. I was in high school when John Byrne came to SUPERMAN and Frank Miller was on BATMAN and George Perez was on WONDER WOMAN.
    Those three creators alone brought me to DC at a time when the company was making some of the most innovative and celebrated comics ever. They were speaking to me like nothing else in the world was. I was a teenager discovering myself through this art form and these worlds and characters. These comics told me I might have something like a voice and a place in the world. These comics were as big a part of me becoming who l am as anything else that was going on in the “real world,”

We want to celebrate that absolutely wondrous time of life when you are just about to become the person you are destined to be, when you just start to discover your true potential, and even that magical moment when you first start to figure out the world before the world figures out you. We want to make comics that celebrate wonder. The wonder of life. love and comics.

Taking a page from Neil Gaiman’s Sandman Universe line. Wonder Comics is a pop-up imprint that will he a boutique collection of exceptionally well-crafted comics that reflect our deep love and affection for these characters and this amazing medium.

We’ll have many surprises for you in the coming a months. Wonder Comics is all set to give you gorgeous. honest. innovative and. yes, wonderful comic book experiences.

These are comics for readers who want to come together to share the wonder of the universe together.
    Thank you for joining us on this brand-new mission.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...al-h-for-hero/

BANNED

BANNED

I like that there’s a strong connection to Superman and Metropolis running through those books. He’s really building out the narrative scope of the city to try to rival Gotham it seems.

That Mongul/Superman fight looks so good. Going to get Naomi just for that, will stick around if I ilike the main character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I like that there’s a strong connection to Superman and Metropolis running through those books. He’s really building out the narrative scope of the city to try to rival Gotham it seems.
    Yep, I’m glad someone has finally made it their mission to build up Metropolis.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That Mongul/Superman fight looks so good. Going to get Naomi just for that, will stick around if I ilike the main character.

I think the Mongul/Superman fight might be confined to that single image. Not saying it's not worth picking it up, I just want to help manage expectations!

And yeah, I think its comes from the fact that Metropolis isn't a raving hellhole like Gotham so everyone thinks it must be the city equivalent of Maybury. It's great that Bendis is working to change that and bring in the story potential. He had one explanation for it in one of the recent interviews along the lines of NYC has more police officers than any other city, yet people still try to and do committ plenty of crimes. Why would Metropolis be any different?
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-06-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared S View Post
    Doesn't DC Earth have a disproportionate amount of people with metahuman abilities or potential abilities?

In which case, in the unlikely event that an opponent could wipe out it's current defenders, they could potentially "mine" it for children that could grow up be extremely powerful soldiers.
    I dunno man, a whole bunch of intergalactic empires already teamed up to try and "manage" earth, and it didn't go well for them. I imagine most other planets would just rather see earth wiped out. The cost of dealing with the planet is just too damn high, and when the Dominators and Thanagar already failed to do it.......

Otherwise, it might just be a scale thing. Buy 7.2 Billion, get half off. Y'know, the galactic CostCo of slavery.
    That's true.....earth might be one of those bargain basement deals; no one else wants it! Get it on clearance!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

In the comments section of the BC article on the preview, "longbox90scomics" revealed that he had been given a black and white advance copy of Young Justice#1, here's the brief review he left

spoilers:
    Read Young Justice yesterday (retailers got an uncolored and partially uninked advance) and it was really really fun. Ginny Hex was delightful and I hope they let her keep her guns because it's pretty hilarious watching other heroes react to her blasting interdimensional invaders with a 'real' shotgun. Tim and Cassie and Bart were all wonderful as well. The only thing I'm really dubious of is 'Teen Lantern' since she just seems like a lazy swipe of Riri who only really become solid once Bendis left.

Still, I'm most hype for Wonder Twins because Mark Russell.
    end of spoilers

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Look at Superman's legs! What's happening!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yes, Bendis has visible talent as a world builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    In the comments section of the BC article on the preview, "longbox90scomics" revealed that he had been given a black and white advance copy of Young Justice#1, here's the brief review he left
    spoilers:
    Called it about Teen Lantern being Riri. Nothing makes a character less interesting than when you tailor them to your kid.
    end of spoilers