Page 3 of 613 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Damn, this actually looks cool - him citing Superman #400 doesn't hurt, or Shaner getting involved. If nothing else.
    I read that as "Shatner"

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Lois and Clark are married a year from now in Doomsday Clock, the Kents are still dead then too, and I very much doubt Jon's getting axed, so I don't think the status quo shift will be particularly destructive.
    Buh-bye

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Bendis said he's not getting rid of anything from the Tomasi/Gleason and Jurgens runs.

Jon isn't going anywhere.
    Thankfully or else he's going to be in one very angry position I just hope editorial has improved but given what I've seen unlikely. But I fear that Bendis even if he is a good writer will be burned out with so many to do and the fact craft of comic book storytelling is being lost is not helping his position he pads things out way too much.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-01-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

This is breaking my heart. We've had one of the best Superman runs in canon for years and now Bendis gets his grubby hands on a character that has just been fixed from being an edgelord bachelor. I hate Bendis' writing with a passion and him writing all the Superman books is my worst nightmare. I'm dropping both Superman and Action Comics when Bendis comes on board. I recognise some will see this as an overreaction but Bendis is going to ruin a character I dearly love and I am positively enraged at what he'll do to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You know, I will give Bendis a fair shot.

A personal hope of mine is that he serves up some good new villain Lex stories. I'd like to see Lex get some really memorable stories again of villainy.
    Ooh me too!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    A new origin means I'll tune out.
    I don't know if its so much a new origin story if it is just a story taking place in present day, but has flashbacks to Clark's origin.

BANNED

Lois and Clark are married a year from now in Doomsday Clock, the Kents are still dead then too, and I very much doubt Jon's getting axed, so I don't think the status quo shift will be particularly destructive.
    Seems like it'll just be another "you think you know what really happened to Krypton" story, which is a well many have went to before (including very recently with Mr. Oz)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

True, so what could possibly change to Superman's status quo that would be his biggest since a crisis event, according to Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Seems like it'll just be another "you think you know what really happened to Krypton" story, which is a well many have went to before (including very recently with Mr. Oz)
    Kinda annoying if that's the case, since we just had to deal with the Oz story..

BANNED

Superman is revealed to be the son of Brainiac adopted by the Els. Wee Wee Williams takes over the mantle of Superman. Superman eventually divorces Lois when he realizes he's gay. Take your pick.

BANNED

Lex Luthor is Kryptonian. Abram's Flyby becomes canon.

BANNED

Alternate reality Superboy named Mylez Moralez comes to our universe and becomes new Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Superman is revealed to be the son of Brainiac adopted by the Els. Wee Wee Williams takes over the mantle of Superman. Superman eventually divorces Lois when he realizes he's gay. Take your pick.
    Don't give him ideas guys.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

So Bendis gets both main Superman titles then? Since I don't care for Bendis's work most of the time that really sucks big time for me. Honestly, I was hoping he would get one or the other and not both that way I could continue reading and enjoying one of them. I will give him a single issue of both but if those issues literally don't blow me away right out of the gate I'm out.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

He says that he will not discard the work of those who came before him yet promises big changes to the status quo well all i can say is fans will hold Mr. Bendis to his word if he doesn't DC is dead as is Marvel. So he had better be brushing up Superman if he wants to save his career.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    He says that he will not discard the work of those who came before him yet promises big changes to the status quo well all i can say is fans will hold Mr. Bendis to his word if he doesn't DC is dead as is Marvel. So he had better be brushing up Superman if he wants to save his career.
    As long as the writing is decent and he has good art(which he does), these books will do fine regardless of any changes Bendis does. That's why he is so successful at marvel, he has good art to back up his inconsistent in quality writing.