Page 304 of 613 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 9194

Oh crap, it looks like he may be drifting over to Batman sooner than I thought.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Oh crap, it looks like he may be drifting over to Batman sooner than I thought.
    or more batman walmart stories.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    or more batman walmart stories.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Nick Derington's art style. He's on Batman Universe aka Walmart Batman with Bendis as the artist, and that book is a glob trotting adventure that spans the whole DCU. They'll be going to Gorilla City and Dinosaur Island GL soon, so why not the future too?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Something to do with Diana in tease 2...ugh, keep her out of the Super-books please.
    Why would that image suggest anything to do with Superman? If anything I imagine this hint will be some sort of comics tie-in to Wonder Woman 1984 considering the clear likeness to Gadot.

My honest to goodness first impression to #4....Clark starts developing feelings for someone else, as what personally grabbed me first and foremost was the theme the cover was portraying as opposed to the character involved. In such a situation I would imagine it being Melody Moore. Of course, obviously it could easily be as simple as a hint to Thorn coming back.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-02-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Batman image is a Maleev from 2013 per Newsarama. So Detective 1000.

Batman Beyond is likely the Walmart books.

Wonder Woman could be Young Justice. There's a Wonder Girl issue coming up and that style looks a smidge like Gleason's new inkless digital style. And he's said we are going to find out where all these characters have been. That would likely require some Wonder Woman in YJ. Could even be from Naomi or HERO. There's no other obvious Wonder Comics nods there.

The 2 Legion teases are his new project with Sook.

Jon's obviously Reis from the upcoming Superman storyline.

I'm wondering if the Kamandi/OMAC stuff is Jimmy Olsen's new book w/ Fraction? Though OMAC may also tie into Levithan?

The Reis guy with the pen looks like maybe a variant for his COVER series that deals with comic book creators being secret agents.

The Thorn image is from an old issue of Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane. So the straight interpretation is Thorn is returning to Action Comics. That'd kinda fit with the street level stuff and she'd likely tickle the interest of the Ivis. Mafia. Thorn co-stared in Action a lot back in the day didn't she? Could also be a abstract reference to Lois getting her own book via Rucka. Not a Bendis project, but he's running the Superman office now so it'd be under his umbrella maybe. Deeper cut is a hint at the return of Lois's status to Superman's Girlfriend vs. Clark's wife.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-02-2019 at 01:49 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My honest to goodness first impression to #4....Clark starts developing feelings for Melody Moore. Don't shoot the messenger if I turn out right.
    I'd say it's more likely that Bendis is teasing Rhosyn “Rose” Forrest and her alter ego Thorn given that's who is in the image, and her back story is, well, tailor made to Bendis' current interest in Action Comics.

Her back story: "Rose Forrest , alias Thorn was a vigilante operating in Metropolis. After her father Metropolis Police Detective Sergeant Phillip Forrest was murdered by The 100, Rose developed a split personality. When she fell asleep, her Thorn personality would awaken, don a costume and auburn wig, and hunt down her father's killers."

Bendis'll likely link The 100 to the Invisible Mob in some way, and add in Thorn as someone else looking into them similar to Question. Also worth mentioning that she was introduced in Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #105 and Bendis said he has the Question set up as a counterpart to Lois, so this is likely building for her book too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah, I edited that in just for the sake of mentioning it could and is probably more likely the obvious and it is indeed meant to indicate Thorn. That was just my first impression and its fully noted that its an abstract interpretation. I've become sort of wired to look deeper into these sorts of things. Sometimes its warranted, a lot of times its not, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

.Clark starts developing feelings for someone else
    Not happening. If he could resist Diana for a thousand years n pre-flashpoint, you can resist anyone. Bendis has made it quite clear he values Lois and Clarks's relationship
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-02-2019 at 02:45 PM.

It would be best if I am wrong. I don't want to see Clark or Lois portrayed badly in such a way just because I hate the marriage. Like I said, just a genuine abstract first impression. The more I think on it the more I'm pretty sure I'm wrong as well. Thorn as a character would fit with the settings and ideas Action is playing with upon getting a refresher on her history; its highly likely its meant to indicate her showing up.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-02-2019 at 02:52 PM.

BANNED

It would be best if I am wrong. I don't want to see Clark or Lois portrayed badly in such a way just because I hate the marriage. Like I said, just a genuine abstract first impression.
    Hey, it's the first thought I went to as well, you're in good company

I live to dread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Hey, it's the first thought I went to as well, you're in good company

I live to dread.
    In one of his twitter posts, Bendis specifically brought up the talk of Rose and Thorn and to me it seems like he pretty much confirms she's showing up. So that indeed was all there was to the reference.

Heh not bad.

BANNED

A couple of spoilers from YJ#1 are currently circulating

spoilers:
    Impuse calls out for Superman, the Justice Leauge, and Harry Potter, and all three are represented in the speech bubbles by their trademark logos.

We also learn that Gemworld is affected by the Crises in the DC Universe...of which there have now been approximentally seven in total
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

spoilers:
    the Crises in the DC Universe...of which there have now been approximentally seven in total
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

1.COIE
    2.Zero Hour
    3.Infinite Crisis
    4.Final Crisis
    5.Flashpoint
    6.?
    7.?
    end of spoilers