Page 316 of 613 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

Beautiful art, I love the first hug...ugh! However, this is simply too much too soon. I don't hate it but I know I don't like it either. I really LOVE(D) pre-teen Jon and Bendis still hasn't given us a reason why a good reason why he aged him up, because it sure wasn't necessary. I'm not quitting the books, seeing as I have never quit even at the worst of the worst of N52 (Truth) but I need Bendis to make his case and it better be good or this will all be for nothing and the Superman line will suffer for it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

since, when did jon start to call clark "pa". That was how clark used to call his dad. Atleast, he seems really pleasant.

3 weeks,atleast that absolves clark and lois of some responsibility for not going after jon. But still, clarks reaction to that was no where near what i would have liked. And, lois leaving jon in space without a way to track him is sore spot for me.Atleast, i can actually feel bad for Clark and Lois, now.

i still don't feel good about this. 7 years in 3 weeks. I thought he was only going to be 14 or something. Why? Bendis why?i guess supersons is toast. What a waste? Yeah! I am not going to be a fan of this. Now what? Since he is not going to be a part of legion. I guess, jon is not going to last after all.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-14-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That's kind of the thing isn't it. This confirms that there are two Jon's now. One 10 that's out there experiencing this missing 7 years and the 17 year old one that came back to the exact time he left. So the question is does this Jon want to save himself from these 7 years and maybe save Jor El from whatever has happened as well? Overrighting himself in the process?
    Sign me up for timey whimey shenanigans to undo his aging so 10yr old Jon can come home unscathed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    since, when did jon start to call clark "pa". That was how clark used to call his did. Atleast, he seems really pleasant.

3 weeks,atleast that absolves clark and lois of some responsibility for not going after jon. But still, clarks reaction to that was no where near what i would have liked. And, lois leaving jon in space without a way to track him is sore spot for me.Atleast, i can actually feel bad for Clark and Lois, now.

i still don't feel good about this. 7 years in 3 weeks. I thought he was only going to be 14 or something. Why? Bendis why?i guess supersons is toast. What a waste? Yeah! I am not going to be a fan of this. Now what? Since he not going to be part of of legion. I guess, jon is not going to last after all.
    I think that's a bit premature. As for everything else, I say nothing is set in stone. Super Sons with this version is definitely done but they aren't really done with Tomasi or some other format. I'm hoping this aging up is arc long and we get our Jon back as he was at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Sign me up for timey whimey shenanigans to undo his aging so 10yr old Jon can come home unscathed.
    Yeah! Please be future jon, please be future jon, please be future jon��������������

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, first off, I'm so very glad to see Lois in here for the reaction. Clark's "nope, still hugging" made me smile. Jon mixing in a "Pa" along with calling Clark "dad" made me happier than I expected it to. Jon still being a bit goofy and relaxed really set me at ease. So, Jon's just been trying to get home this whole time. That seems to indicate that Jor-El didn't plan this, and the black hole was a mistake. Going into a black hole actually explains things a bit too. Clark and Lois throwing out ideas of what they assumed happened is kind of great given it highlights how freakin strange their lives are along with the fact that it highlights how they always assume messed up situations like this are often fixable or have some trick to it.

Jon's suit also "moves" way better than I thought it would. Not jazzed about the whole 17 thing, but I'm not really supposed to be. In this context it'd be like being happy about Barbra getting paralyzed. I also liked that Bendis remembered he floated around the idea of Kryptonian puberty. Lois even seemed like she'd be more cool with it if it were just that. I was worried that idea would be forgotten.

All in all I'm nervously excited that this is finally here!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    A lot to unpack in that. But beyond a doubt I find the fact that Jon’s apparently bend gone for 3 weeks to be the stupidest part. All this has gone down in three weeks? So Lois was missing for what? Two days before people freaked out. Clark was despondent over his family being gone for two weeks?
    Keep in mind that's a week or so without knowing if Lois, or Jon were even alive because he lost the communicator when the Fortress went up. It's less "dude, they were only gone a few days. Chill out" and more Clark not having the ability to know that they were safe in any way. And people other than Clark didn't freak out because she went missing, but rather because she quit her job so suddenly. That's were the office rumor started.

3 weeks is pretty reasonable to me when you consider issues 1 -6 of Action all happened in a day, Man of Steel was maybe a few days to a week at most, and Action Comics has likely taken up the remained of the 3 weeks.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In this context it'd be like being happy about Barbra getting paralyzed.
    I hope I don't catch heat for this, but if if Babs were to end up back in the chair, I would be rejoicing, chiefly because I grew up on Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think that's a bit premature. As for everything else, I say nothing is set in stone. Super Sons with this version is definitely done but they aren't really done with Tomasi or some other format. I'm hoping this aging up is arc long and we get our Jon back as he was at the end of it.
    And the "pa" thing does not really suit, jon. It was weird reading it with jon voice. But i guess now that he is an adult. His voice in my head has to be changed as well.
    We will see. I just hope, when everything is set and done. Jon is back, not erased like chris.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I hope I don't catch heat for this, but if if Babs were to end up back in the chair, I would be rejoicing, chiefly because I grew up on Oracle.
    I don't think you should catch heat for it. You're not advocating for the actual tragedy that lead to it, but rather the great and beloved character built from that circumstance.

I imagine the same will be true for Jon for some people (and for some it won't, for sure). Just keep that idea in mind going forward regardless of if you're down for this or not, ya know?

And the "pa" thing does not really suit, jon. It was weird reading it with jon voice. But i guess now that he is an adult. His voice in my head has to be changed as well.
    We will see. I just hope, when everything is set and done. Jon is back, not erased like chris.
    Granted he's never called Clark that before, but "pa" isn't something exclusive to Clark's adopted father. It's an acquired nickname for someone's father, grandfather, or just older man. It's like "pop." I'd say it's not a stretch for Jon given he grew up around Clark (his Midwestern accent apparently being quite thick in the modern age), hearing stories about his namesake (Jonathan Kent the first), and he also grew up on farms with other farmers, and that sort lingo is common.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I don't think you should catch heat for it. You're not advocating for the actual tragedy that lead to it, but rather the great and beloved character built from that circumstance.

I imagine the same will be true for Jon for some people (and for some it won't, for sure). Just keep that idea in mind going forward regardless of if you're down for this or not, ya know?
    I'll see where it goes, though Bendis supplying his "out" that Yoda refers to makes that easier.

Astonishing Member

We will see. I just hope, when everything is set and done. Jon is back, not erased.
    It may not suit Jon but I think it stems from hearing his dad talking about his "Pa" all the time. It could be Jon way of "growing up". Children often go from "my daddy" to "my dad" and some even to "my father" as a sign of maturing. He's emulating his father, how he now sees him, as how Clark saw Jonathan, at least that's how I'm reading it. After seven years in the space wilderness, it could be one of the things he held on to as he desperately tried to get back home.

Yeah!i don't see that happening to me.i guess the new jon might not be for me. since i don't see anything special about him. he is just another teen, now.i mean, i could change my mind, If they made him into badass warrior like wonderwoman or make him like future trunks(give him a sword dammit) .

But yeah! I not going to be rejoicing my favourite book from rebirth is being cancelled and amounts to nothing. I am glad, atleast clark and lois are absolved of some responsibility. So i can atleast read these books without feeling, "you got what you deserved" feeling for them.

I’m good with this change. Anything that moves us further away from the Rockwell-esque Tomasi run is fine by me. I don’t think that vibe works for Superman. If Tomasi was doing the Rockwell thing while writing JSA it would work, but for Superman it just felt empty and devoid of any of the nuance that a character like Superman has in these modern times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I’m good with this change. Anything that moves us further away from the Rockwell-esque Tomasi run is fine by me. I don’t think that vibe works for Superman
    Plenty disagree, and will continue to.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I’m good with this change. Anything that moves us further away from the Rockwell-esque Tomasi run is fine by me. I don’t think that vibe works for Superman. If Tomasi was doing the Rockwell thing while writing JSA it would work, but for Superman it just felt empty and devoid of any of the nuance that a character like Superman has in these modern times.
    It could have been done with out jeopardising another popular character, who had an ongoing series which worked. Also, the tomasi and jurgens run worked. What nuance does this give the family. The only thing this does is make jon independent who does'nt need his dad or family. Now he can fight his own battles, does not need to live with them. So basically, jon can move out. Sure they would be family. But they are basically, back to just being a couple now. How is this reaffirming the family status quo? How is this building on what tomasi and jurgens run? If bendis wanted to move away from the family then he should have just been honest about it.