Page 317 of 613 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 9194

So over/under on someone walking in on the reunion since it’s tking place on a rooftop bar in the open instead of Lois’ hotel room. Then we get the exposure of Lois, Superboy, and Superman. Getting more and more convinced that’s happening and we’ll end up with a Superman/Lois marriage and poor shlub Clark again.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'll see where it goes, though Bendis supplying his "out" that Yoda refers to makes that easier.
    Not sure I agree with that idea given Jon seems to be taking things in stride. That would also kind of kill the whole point to "Lois and Clark usually have near misses." This would be creating another near miss rather than continuing to deal with the ball where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!i don't see that happening to me.i guess the new jon might not be for me.
    That's cool. You don't have to like everything.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not sure I agree with that idea given Jon seems to be taking things in stride. That would also kind of kill the whole point to "Lois and Clark usually have near misses." This would be creating another near miss rather than continuing to deal with the ball where it's at.
    It’s an out for someone down the road at least. It’s a built in trap door to reset this if it doesn’t work out for Bendis or DC. I don’t necessarily think Bendis will intend it that way. But it’s there.

But Bendis has reset his various status quo changes before. He did it in Iron Man and Ultimate Spider-Man bringing back Tony, Rodney, and Peter Parker.

So... 3 weeks. 3 weeks for this.

To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

I'm sorry, but there is no justification for this to me. "Shock value" is stupid, always has been and always will be. It doesn't build on previously built history and canon, and only takes away from what could have been. Guess I'm off the Super books until someone else takes up at least one of them.

So, assuming this is permanent, and assuming Conner is the one joining the Legion which seems most likely. Idk, what’s left to do with this character? Super Sons is certainly gone. Not much to do with a secret id. This burns most of his bridges, what’s left?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It’s an out for someone down the road at least.
    Depending on where Jon goes from here, can't argue with that, but basically everything has a conceivable "out" to it if anyone down the line wants. That's ranged from the marriage, Jon himself, to even people knowing things. So being able to conceive the out in hypothesis never really moves me much.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    what’s left?
    *shrugs* the future and new ideas for the character. And I'd still wager that Super Sons could return in some form down the road, but that's a conversation for another day.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-14-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So, assuming this is permanent
    Is anything permanent in comics? Particularly DC comics? Of course not. We're all along for the ride

Keep in mind that's a week or so without knowing if Lois, or Jon were even alive because he lost the communicator when the Fortress went up. It's less "dude, they were only gone a few days. Chill out" and more Clark not having the ability to know that they were safe in any way. And people other than Clark didn't freak out because she went missing, but rather because she quit her job so suddenly. That's were the office rumor started.

3 weeks is pretty reasonable to me when you consider issues 1 -6 of Action all happened in a day, Man of Steel was maybe a few days to a week at most, and Action Comics has likely taken up the remained of the 3 weeks.
    Well, he was anxious and depressed about it before the communicator was destroyed. He flew off from Hal and was bashing the moon before Zar showed up. And Hal implied that he was acting off already.

I suppose the Lois thing is slightly more reasonable than I initially assumed though it still requires a pretty big jump for people.

It still seems too quick to me though in my opinion, though it also makes Lois and Clark look a little better since they haven’t really had any reason to be too worried about him yet.

Depending on where Jon goes from here, can't argue with that, but basically everything has a conceivable "out" to it if anyone down the line wants. That's ranged from the marriage, Jon himself, to even people knowing things. So being able to conceive the out in hypothesis never really moves me
    I get that, but for me there’s a difference between “it’s comics so anything can happen” to there being some sort of built in possible out, which this seems to have.

Although it could be, and does seem to be given the CSA, dimensional thing like that running storyline in Invincible. That would remove time travel as a solution. At least for now.

Well, he was anxious and depressed about it before the communicator was destroyed.
    Yeah but, as explained in issue 6, only in the sense that he was just saddened by the situation of his dad uprooting his family, and him not being able to go to keep an eye on them. I mean, it was still them going off into space communicator or not. But I'd say the main issue was with the feeling that he couldn't help his son through this thing he was going through. The fact that he sits in Jon's room at the end, and that when Kandor goes he thinks of how he was supposed be there for Jon too.

Although it could be, and does seem to be given the CSA, dimensional thing like that running storyline in Invincible. That would remove time travel as a solution. At least for now.
    Sorry, what do you mean by this? You mean the Invincible superhero comic from image? The story where Mark misses a chuck of his family's life because retaliative travel, and he and his family have to deal with that without any resets or outs? If that's what you're talking about then, yeah, I'm totally reminded of that now that you mention it.

Sorry, what do you mean by this? You mean the Invincible superhero comic from image? The story where Mark misses a chuck of his family's life because retaliative travel, and he and his family have to deal with that without any resets or outs? If that's what you're talking about then, yeah, I'm totally reminded of that now that you mention it.
    Image Invincible yes, but not that part. There’s a recurring thing where these aliens from another dimension invade but time passes faster for them, Mark’s father gets dragged into another dimension and comes back having lived a long time there to a few weeks or something in their dimension. Monster Girl and Robot get stuck there as well eventually and live like 1000 years but come back shortly after they left.

So it’s not time travel really, they just experienced time differently. Which is the similar to relativistic space travel issues, but given how much space travel goes on in DCU, I don’t think they’d go that way.

Image Invincible yes, but not that part. There’s a recurring thing where these aliens from another dimension invade but time passes faster for them, Mark’s father gets dragged into another dimension and comes back having lived a long time there to a few weeks or something in their dimension. Monster Girl and Robot get stuck there as well eventually and live like 1000 years but come back shortly after they left.

So it’s not time travel really, they just experienced time differently. Which is the similar to relativistic space travel issues, but given how much space travel goes on in DCU, I don’t think they’d go that way.
    You're totally right! Thinking about it more, Kirkman seemed to really enjoy the idea of simulating the "play the ball where it is" aspect of life in superhero comics because all to often there's a sitcom resent by the end (now making his sitcom themed chapter titles more layered for me lol). And when he finally gives Mark a do-over near the close of the book, it actually leads to the hardest bit of personal tragedy for him in maybe the whole book. Even relatively more "down to Earth stuff" like Mark's second kid has this whole learning to play the ball where it's at idea behind it.

Seems like Bendis is trying to make around the same statement about playing the ball where it's at in his Superman comic, and he's using the family because, for most, that's where you walk on the most eggshells about the choices you make. A choice is made, stuff happens, and you gotta try from there on no matter how much you wanna do it over.

Surpising links here. Nice catch, Yoda! There are worse comics to have thematic similarities too.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-14-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Brian Michael Bendis Talks ‘Wonder Comics,’ Kirby, Gemworld, and What Buying “Young Justice” May Spark: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...wonder-comics/

BANNED

So a purchase for YJ is a vote for new Legion of Superheroes...smart marketing...make your customers feel a part of the process. (i mean, it's obvious they're going to do it anyway)

I think he's also basically telling us flat out that the Legion will be reintroduced in the pages of Young Justice. The 31st Century is the next stop after Gemworld, I'd put money on that now. I think this is going to be basically a big mystery story which at the very least has the youngsters trying to figure out how these different places/time periods were affected by the Crises where said effects weren't even thought to exist or at the very least have been minimal before. What they'll be able to do about or what they're even supposed to do about it I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the basic premise.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-14-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El