Page 319 of 613 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 9194
    BANNED

I wonder how many issues nujon is going to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ya know something? I really wonder what Lois' book is about now that it doesn't seem to be about setting up a story for her son. In the preview she's just as surprised as Clark is about the age up. So it seems she was being figurative about hitting puberty when they left orbit. It seems to have been more so a comment on how well he took to space or how self sufficient he was becoming in such a short time. So, now the book is up in air as far as its subject.

It obviously seems to involve Superman, but Bendis did say she was holding onto something that may even be too dangerous for Clark to know right now (I'm guessing because he'd immediately try to go face it). I'm thinking someone out in space recognized the S on her, her father-in-law, or her son's chest and had something to say about it.

Or ya know what? Maybe it was on her return trip home? Maybe Jon is in on it to an extent? Maybe it's multiverse related? How does The Question fit into it (if at all) given he's suppose to have parallels to Lois under Bendis?
    The book is more abstract I think. It's going to be about Superman's role in the world and as a hero needing to be more proactive and not reactive. He needs to stand for these concepts more firmly and not just as an example. Her secret is probably something equally abstract.

I doubt her secret is any concrete threat. Bendis has said she will be working through what she learned by writing about it. That makes me doubt it's some looming threat or Crisis. She probably saw how bad the universe was or could be and how Superman's reactive role won't be sufficient to do that. Hence the United Planets. So there's no imminent danger, but the universe itself is less enlightened and more dangerous than people realize so we have to step up and beyond petty problems and squabbles. Unitify in the face of a dangerous universe.

Her thing with the question I think will dovetail out of the Invisible Mafia. Lois will likely be more heavily involved in that. Goode's plan could even be to distract and target Superman by going after Lois, an old classic take on how you get to him. That could involve the Question.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-15-2019 at 11:33 AM.

At this point I think the safe answer is indefinite. I think Bendis has a particular story to tell with this, after which they could easily decide to deage him or leave him if its working well enough. Only thing is we have no way to know just how long the part of story that necessitates this is going to last. Just the rest of the Unity Saga? The next arc? More? Impossible to say right now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I was thinking something. If jon is 17—18 years old. Shouldn't he be superman now? Superboy would be weird.
    Edit- in a weird way people got Jonathan kent superman huh!

Nah, in American culture 17 is not yet considered "man age".

This considering he keeps the name. Its possible, however unlikely, that he receives a new codename. The Robin situation though and examples from his Marvel work suggests Bendis just doesn't care too much about multiple users of the same title, at the same time just theorizing the options.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-15-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nah, in American culture 17 is not yet considered "man age".
    He's also kryptonIan, right. Then again supergirl is girl
    I mean spiderman calls himself man. So, i thought it was norm. So, what is the age for it in america? For us it's basically 17 to 18.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The book is more abstract I think. It's going to be about Superman's role in the world and as a hero needing to be more proactive and not reactive. He needs to stand for these concepts more firmly and not just as an example. Her secret is probably something equally abstract.

I doubt her secret is any concrete threat. Bendis has said she will be working through what she learned by writing about it. That makes me doubt it's some looming threat or Crisis. She probably saw how bad the universe was or could be and how Superman's reactive role won't be sufficient to do that. Hence the United Planets. So there's no imminent danger, but the universe itself is less enlightened and more dangerous than people realize so we have to step up and beyond petty problems and squabbles. Unitify in the face of a dangerous universe.
    .....Damn....those are good freakin points you got there, my guy. I wonder if her book will play an active role in getting Earth to agree to Superman's eventual proposition when it's time to start the beginnings of the UP, or if it'll be like a reflective thing after the fact. I'd like it to be the former, and it seems more likely that it is.

I think we can almost bet on seeing Lois' book being brought up in the Legion time as required reading in Earth history.

Now, that I think about it, it even makes sense when you factor in the idea that broaching this subject with Clark would be damn near impossible as we saw with issue 1 of Superman when MM brought it up. Maybe it's as much a kick in the pants for Superman as it is for the Earth.

Oh wow, and it just dawned on me that this is why she'd be meeting with Lex (and working with STAR labs) without telling Clark because, like with getting even more hands on with the world's progression, he's often pretty bull headed on his stance with Lex.

The cover for issue 7 even plays into your theory. I'm all for this! If this is the case I can't wait to see when Clark finds out and he and Lois talk it out. They'll likely be a very heated debate if not straight up argument. Lois pointing out that Clark is in a very unique position of power that can be more beneficial than it already, and Clark countering with how this is a slippery slope that he's been trying to avoid for years.

Dude, if this is true, this would be Lois compiling evidence and assistance to debate Superman into greater action. That's f%&king inspired on so many levels! That's even sufficient enough to explain why she needed the distance, but Bendis would need to explain why she needed to stay gone from the Daily Planet.

Damn fine theory, my friend. Damn fine.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-15-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I was thinking something. If jon is 17—18 years old. Shouldn't he be superman now? Superboy would be weird.
    Edit- in a weird way people got Jonathan kent superman huh!
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He's also kryptonIan, right. Then again supergirl is girl
    I mean spiderman calls himself man. So, i thought it was norm. So, what is the age for it in america? For us it's basically 17 to 18.
    Honestly, in America you'd be able to stay Superboy till you're like 21 or 22. Under the law you can be viewed as an adult as early as 16 here, but the general cultural norm is that you're a "boy" or "girl" till you finish college (your general last leg of schooling), and that's usually when you're around 21 to 23 or so, and even after that you're still new to the world outside of school, so you're still a "kid" to some for a very short while after as you settle in. That's the very general ideal blueprint overview. It's not the norm for everyone here though.

The west is very strange, I know lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

.....Damn....those are good freakin points you got that, my guy. I wonder if her book will play an active role in getting Earth to agree to Superman's eventual proposition when it's time to start the beginnings of the UP, or if it'll be like a reflective thing after the fact. I'd like it to be the former, and it seems more likely that it is.

I think we can almost bet on seeing Lois' book being brought up in the Legion time as required reading in Earth history.

Now, that I think about it, it even makes sense when you factor in the idea that broaching this subject with Clark would be damn near impossible as we saw with issue 1 of Superman when MM brought it up. Maybe it's as much a kick in the pants for Superman as it is for the Earth.

Oh wow, and it just dawned on me that this is why she'd be meeting with Lex (and working with STAR labs) without telling Clark because, like with getting even more hands on with the world's progression, he's often pretty bull headed on his stance with Lex.

The cover for issue 7 even plays into your theory. I'm all for this! If this is the case I can't wait to see when Clark finds out and he and Lois talk it out. They'll likely be a very heated debate if not straight up argument. Lois pointing out that Clark is in a very unique position of power that can be more beneficial than it already, and Clark countering with how this is a slippery slope that he's been trying to avoid for years.

Dude, if this is true, this would be Lois compiling evidence and assistance to debate Superman into greater action. That's f%&king inspired on so many levels! That's even sufficient enough to explain why she needed the distance, but Bendis would need to explain why she needed to stay gone from the Daily Planet.

Damn fine theory, my friend. Damn fine.
    Haha, thank you. Your elaboration and work out of it makes me think it's actually plausible. I think the way you frame it particularly with respect to her and Clark eventually having a serious discussion about it does sound amazing. And I agree, this would make the distance she feels she needs to write it work for me. I even think it works in the context of her not being really concerned with getting back to the DP. This is a much bigger issue for her to address than anything she can hit on there at the moment. I think it all fits within Bendis's overarching theme for the book and his statements about how important she is to the DCU. She's the only character really who could both experience this type of stuff and effectively present it to the DCU public in a meaningful way.

Eventually though, she's going to go get that office back from Goode.

We'll have to see how close I come to this. Between this, my theory on the marriage status quo shift, and Doomsday Clock being in Bendis's rearview, I'm bound to get one right!
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-15-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Haha, thank you. Your elaboration and work out of it makes me think it's actually plausible. I think the way you frame it particularly with respect to her and Clark eventually having a serious discussion about it does sound amazing. And I agree, this would make the distance she feels she needs to write it work for me. I even think it works in the context of her not being really concerned with getting back to the DP. This is a much bigger issue for her to address than anything she can hit on there at the moment. I think it all fits within Bendis's overarching theme for the book and his statements about how important she is to the DCU. She's the only character really who could both experience this type of stuff and effectively present it to the DCU public in a meaningful way.

Eventually though, she's going to go get that office back from Goode.

We'll have to see how close I come to this. Between this, my theory on the marriage status quo shift, and Doomsday Clock being in Bendis's rearview, I'm bound to get one right!
    Lol I just connected dots you already lined up. And you're totally right about the Daily Planet. It wouldn't be like she could just ask Perry not to send her out for stories while she writes her book. She seems to be working on it all day and night, and meeting with sources and what not. It seems to be the most all consuming writing undertaking of her life.

If this goes through then Lois will have brought one of the most meaningful bits of change to the entirety of the DCU going forward. I love the idea of one of the most important moments in DC history coming down Lois Lane making an extremely convincing argument. And you know Bendis of all people would absolutely love for one of the most climatic scenes in his run to be two people talking.

And on top of that it would not only fit into the topical undertones he's been hinting at since the start (including the whole idea of Superman having similarities to a person in political power), but it would be firmly rooted in Superman lore and character because it'd be about Clark doing some serious self reflection, and Lois Lane using the power of her words to move worlds and one super-man into action.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-15-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Just realized Yoda's theory also explains Lois' first few titles for the book that would expose her family's secret.

They were probably early drafts that may have required her to explain her link to Superman and Superboy. It would be for the greater good, so she'd at least 100% think about doing it. Since the draft didn't raise any eyebrows for Cat when she read it, it can be assumed she didn't go with it, but rather found a way to do it without talking about the secret.

Lex likely shows up in issue 1003 because he's been made aware of the gist of what Lois is working on (likely because she went to STAR (see shirt)). Lois lies to Clark (remember issue 1003 takes place chronologically after 1004) about what they talked about because it was the whole "we need to do more" thing.

And you know what? I bet during Lois and Clark's possible/likely debate he blames the whole thing on Jor-El getting to her with his whole "putting out fires in your baby clothes" comment and talk about what he should be doing. He'll likely bring up how Jor-El is the reason behind the tragedy with Jon and whatever other issues he's brought about in space. That's a perfect spot for Lois to throw out a classic Superman line about good intentions gone about the wrong way, and how Clark should remember that.

I'm so freakin pumped for this hypothetical conversation!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-15-2019 at 01:50 PM.

BANNED

Lois' reaction to Jon sort of tosses my theory of how being this Machiavellian chess player journalist out the window, trying to keep all the pieces on the board from tipping over the edge, thinking she's in command of the situation.

Hi, I'm new here. It's been cool reading theories about what's coming up. My theory is Jon is only 13-14 years old. He said he doesn't know how long he's been gone. He could've been out there for 3-4 years and he thought it was longer than that. They could figure that out by the end of the issue.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 01-15-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

Just realized Yoda's theory also explains Lois' first few titles for the book that would expose her family's secret.

They were probably early drafts that may have required her to explain her link to Superman and Superboy. It would be for the greater good, so she'd at least 100% think about doing it. Since the draft didn't raise any eyebrows for Cat when she read it, it can be assumed she didn't go with it, but rather found a way to do it without talking about the secret.
    Yeah, I think those titles hint at the framing of her book in that it's a hard look at the lessons she's learned with Superman and how his actions speak to what people need to do and at the same time be a call to action for him to step up. The revealing titles were probably just her brainstorming how to come at the problem.

Lex likely shows up in issue 1003 because he's been made aware of the gist of what Lois is working on (likely because she went to STAR (see shirt)). Lois lies to Clark (remember issue 1003 takes place chronologically after 1004) about what they talked about because it was the whole "we need to do more" thing.
    I don't even think she necessarily lied to Clark. She wasn't expecting Lex, given her "how did you find me" when he came to her door, and he likely came because he did hear about her book and was concerned that it's a call for Superman to do more in the world. She just didn't elaborate on it and Clark didn't press her.

And you know what? I bet during Lois and Clark's possible/likely debate he blames the whole thing on Jor-El getting to her with his whole "putting out fires in your baby clothes" comment and talk about what he should be doing. He'll likely bring up how Jor-El is the reason behind the tragedy with Jon and whatever other issues he's brought about in space. That's a perfect spot for Lois to throw out a classic Superman line about good intentions gone about the wrong way, and how Clark should remember that.
    It's funny, because literally one of the first scenes in Man of Steel is Superman puting out a fire. But yeah, she likely won't defend Jor El but she can possibly see that he had some semblance of a point in that more needs to and can be done without going to the extremes Martian Manhunter takes it.

I'm so freakin pumped for this hypothetical conversation!
    We're going to be so disappointed now if this doesn't pan out!

And thank you for bouncing this stuff back and forth. I get frustrated and annoyed by some of the relationship stuff i think is coming but this type of discussion makes me realize there could be a lot more going on than the superficial stuff and it's worth sticking out some more.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. It's been cool reading theories about what's coming up. My theory is Jon is only 13-14 years old. He said he doesn't know how long he's been gone. He could've been out there for 3-4 years and he thought it was longer than that. They could figute that out by the end of the issue.
    Welcome!

Yeah, fudging the age down or up a bit is 100% something I think Bendis accounted and fully intend for, thus he didn't have Jon settle on an age. He's sort of just nebulously a teenager (anywhere between 15 and 18) the same way Dick Grayson is nebulously a 20 something or even early 30 something depending on the writer or story.