Page 327 of 613 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I just realized that the AI Jor-El talks about is a pretty direct nod to the Donner films and its creation of the Jor-El and Lara AIs in the Fortress that educated Clark for years before he became Superman, and then provided emotional support/ guidance for things like him wanting to give it all up to be with Lois. So, if that's the likely nod given these are called "cabins of solitude" by Jor-El himself, it seems quite likely that Jon could program it to be his mom and dad.
    Yeah, I think it will come into play. It was a solid nod by Bendis in this last script, and given the circumstances I think we'll see some use of it going forward.

I mean, for at least a mini or maxi series, right?
    The Wonder Comics line seems to be a mix of both that and ongoings. So there definitely seems like there's a rotation they are building in. I would not be surprised if we see this in the second wave of titles announced in a few months. I'm sure they'll finish up the Superman storyline first.

In my opinion, I think Bendis through Wonder Comics is trying to create a line of books they can sell as those small trades that is such a popular format with pre-teens and teens. I know DC seems to shoot itself in the foot more often than not with this stuff, but this is like such an obvious direction to go in.

It also helps explain their willingness to move on from young Jon given the relative popularity of him and Super Sons. They have a much longer from and concrete story they can tell now that's not dependant on DC continuity for the casual Scholastic book fair market, but stars a "real" character in a relevant situation for the continuity purists in the direct market. If they aren't seeing the dollar signs from this...

Master Hero Vladimir

The only way Bendis could possibly fix (if you wanna use that term) the plotline with Superman and his family is by getting Superboy to admit that travelling with Jor-El was a bad idea. He could have a talk with his father, in which Superboy could say that against his better instincts, he decided to go with his grandfather because he thought he could Superboy with his power fluctuations (like what happened in Super Sons of Tomorrow). Superboy could apologize with his dad and say that he should never doubted his dad, they would be a happy family again and maybe they could make the best of Superboy's age increase. Of course, this would come at the cost of invalidating all the character development Superman has experienced over these past few months. If Superboy said that his father was right all along, that means the story would be a typical good versus evil story, with Superman as the good guy and Jor-El as the bad guy, and that would throw away the moral ambiguity Bendis was establishing for Jor-El. That moral ambiguity would have been a good way for Superman to re-examine his beliefs and the way he does things, but if Jor-El suddenly became a generic bad guy, that would be Bendis' way of saying "Superman is always right. Superman is always vindicated. Never doubt Superman. He always knows what's best for everyone."

I think it’s likely Jor El won’t be portrayed as a mustache twirling evil. I could see him having issues related to his past that ultimately led him down the path, so yeah I think the moral ambiguity is still in play. We are getting everything Fromm jon’s POV as well. It could be like Element Lad in the old Legion Lost series. He tried to do the best he could for his friends but ended up going nuts and turning evil. I think something similar likely is in store for Jor El.

BANNED

Controversy creates cash...Superman#7 number one for the week

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...o-laughs-last/

Kon93

I hope we get jor back on krypton,dead with his wife like he is supposed to be.sick of this guy we have now,and shitting on such a selfless father that he was.

I want more time travel fixes,like keeping Jon away from crazy grandpa.that was where lois and Clark lost their "good parent" badges.

Rogal is just,come on,make him "think"he blew up krypton,and prove he didnt.

Btw the Reborn suit was a sweet suit.glossy classic boots,classic suit everywhere else besides a decent(finally)belt.should have stuck around longer,and that's me saying that,knowing I love the classic one(without the Lee cuffs).

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Controversy creates cash...Superman#7 number one for the week

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...o-laughs-last/

And that's how Bendis gets books and artists.he might not know how to write characters in character,but he knows how to stir **** up.he is a bomb thrower,not a caregiver,passed on from someone else,and in turn him passing it on to someone else

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am not surprised it sold well.this kind of gimmicks always sell at first. Drop of should what we accout for. If it is huge then the stunt backfired(unlikely). But, if it is not then it works.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-18-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am not sold well.this kind of gimmicks always sell at first. Drop of should what we accout for. If it is huge then the stunt backfired(unlikely). But, if it is not then it works.
    It works until he steps away from the book,and the next guy (and us)are wondering how the hell are we gonna fix this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    It works until he steps away from the book,and the next guy (and us)are wondering how the hell are we gonna fix this
    Bendis can always undo it himself. He did it with Iron Man and i believe his Ultimate Spider-Man.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Bendis can always undo it himself. He did it with Iron Man and i believe his Ultimate Spider-Man.

And that way he can get praise for dropping the bomb,then get more praise for cleaning up the bomb.perfect for Bendis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    And that way he can get praise for dropping the bomb,then get more praise for cleaning up the bomb.perfect for Bendis
    It's the least he can do. The next writer would have to deal with whatever mess is left.

Kon93

It's the least he can do. The next writer would have to deal with whatever mess is left.
    And there will be a lot of messes.i will probably try to enjoy the ride,complain a lil,but hold on tight,until the end of the ride,and thankful when I'm off it.

Astonishing Member

I meant...
    ... The next writer would not have to deal with whatever mess is left.

Yeah he usually will set up the status quo the next writer wants. Even if he doesn’t there’s nothing stopping the next writer from just deaging Jon back to “normal”. Like what happened with the O5 X-Men.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah he usually will set up the status quo the next writer wants. Even if he doesn’t there’s nothing stopping the next writer from just deaging Jon back to “normal”. Like what happened with the O5 X-Men.

Or having the "next"status quo be there being a 10 and 17 year old jon,like the xmen ran with for a while there.