Page 336 of 613 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 9194

They just updated the post saying there’s been weird editorial/publishing meetings this week leading up to this. Maybe it’s a reshuffling of the editors on the books?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That'd be interesting. They could also be giving them new guidelines to adhere to?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The update says the change seems like it might come from departments other than editorial. hmm.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The update says the change seems like it might come from departments other than editorial. hmm.
    so...there is no reason to be freaking out at all then?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so...there is no reason to be freaking out at all then?
    Probably. But Didio and Lee are co-publishers not editorial.

Default The upcoming "Leviathan Rising" story in action comics is bigger than we thought

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Question: @BRIANMBENDIS Can you tease anything about the scope of Leviathan Rising? Is it contained to the Superman Books or will it be a DC event type thing?

Bendis' Answer: It starts in action comics 1007 and builds out from there. It’s huge. Its being done with all of editorials involvement. It’s very different and it is for real. But, as much as it changed dc forever, more importantly, in this storyline Clark Kent WILL have facial hair

* So, speaking of editorial, this story will actually involve "all of editorial." Can't say if that means that's more than just the Superman editorial office, or if that means something less extravagant, but still quite involved in terms of editorial.

* This also seems to clear up the question of if the Leviathan story would be outside of Action Comics with the answer being a pretty clear yes. No word on if this will have its own book like a Heroes in Crisis, Metal, or Doomsday Clock, but the odds seem likely given Alex Maleev's involvement in the pitch. Maleev's currently done with Scarlet vol 2, so the timing seems likely.

* I wonder how this event is "very different?" Is it just the fact that this seems to be more of a detective noir event book at a major superhero company?

* This is an event that'll change the DCU forever.

* The return of bearded Clark?? Or--be still my beating heart--the rise of mustache Clark?!?!

Once again, can't express how hyped I am for this particular event. It's an legit event that uses Clark, Lois, and Jimmy as the leads. That's bonkers.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-23-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Can’t even remember the last time Jimmy did anything worthwhile in the Superbooks. Looking forward to that at the very least. It will be hilarious if Supes gets a mustache so I hope he does. Regarding the event it might be a Superline crossover, Supergirl at the very least could use a boost, but we’ll see.

BANNED

Here's the official details on the restructuring. Seems Didio and Lee are safe, Harras even remains EIC, however, three percent were laid off. This is affecting much of WB, not just DC.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...kforce-1178694

The official memo from Pam Lifford

Today has been a challenging day. We have made organizational changes across DC that we believe will help to strengthen and evolve the division for future success. With these changes come difficult decisions which we take very seriously.

We recognize and appreciate that all of our employees have made considerable contributions to our business and that it is difficult to lose colleagues, many of whom have been here for a long time and have made an important impact on DC. We thank them for their hard work and dedication to DC. As always, we are committed to taking care of our employees and will be as thoughtful as possible with those who are impacted by these changes.

Together with Dan and Jim, and the executive team, we have spent time assessing DC’s business, as well as the comic book publishing landscape. DC is going back to its roots of delivering epic stories with our world-class characters, stories and brands. Being a premier house of storytelling will never go out of style and we intend to ultimately super-serve our existing fans, while providing new compelling content that engages and excites even more fans around the globe. Rest assured, the direct market will remain at the heart of our business – and will continue to be one of our greatest strengths.

The new streamlined structure is focused on creating, delivering and supporting a robust publishing operation that will allow DC to be nimble, navigate an industry in change, and thrive. As we communicated today, we are forming three distinct work streams – Editorial, Production & Manufacturing, and Publishing Support Services.

• Editorial will continue to be run by Bob Harras, SVP & Editor-In-Chief, who will now also be responsible for new initiatives and global publishing, editorial scheduling, and art direction

• Production & Manufacturing will continue to be run by Alison Gill, SVP Manufacturing & Operations

• Publishing Support Services is a new business unit consisting of all departments that support the sales, marketing and promotion of our books, and this will be run by Hank Kanalz who is taking on additional responsibilities as SVP Publishing Strategy & Support Services As a result – DC Collectibles and its team will be part of the Consumer Products Toy team moving forward.

We recognize there are other groups across DC who are not fully dedicated to supporting the publishing business and, therefore, are not directly addressed in today’s news. As The Global Brands & Experiences structure continues to develop, I look forward to sharing more with you as that evolves.

Many of you will have questions and in the coming days you will receive more information from Bob, Alison and Hank about their teams. Together with Dan and Jim, I will be hosting Town Hall meetings Thursday on the individual floors to discuss these changes and provide more insight.

Thank you again for your support, hard work and loyalty to DC. Each of you are incredibly valued and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow afternoon where I will do my best to answer any questions.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-23-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Bummer that some folk are out of work, can’t imagine this was all done over Bruce Wayne’s pecker, but if that was actually somehow a major factor then yeesh.

Spectacular Member

Is it a coincidence that ever since DC went all nostalgic and returned to trunks for everybody and this ridiculous Bendis Superman run, that sales are tanking?

More details on Leviathan, looks like it will be a actual event series with Alex Maleev drawing. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...let-leviathan/

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Is it a coincidence that ever since DC went all nostalgic and returned to trunks for everybody and this ridiculous Bendis Superman run, that sales are tanking?
    As a couple of people have observed the sales appear to be really just returning to the apparent mean. Once the gloss of a reboot wears off or a big name writer jumping on, it goes back to just the Superman fans and here we are again. Rebirth was a bigger return to nostalgia than the trunks, and those sales were phenomenal for a good stretch. The books themselves got off track and meandered for the second year in my opinion and the sales showed it.

Bendis definitely is not giving anyone nostalgia and is almost in a slow motion Superman Disassembled in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    More details on Leviathan, looks like it will be a actual event series with Alex Maleev drawing. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...let-leviathan/
    So now DC fans will know what it's like to experience a Bendis event! Muahahahahaha!!

Now that we know this is happening for sure, here is the original tease
    levithan.jpg

Finally! The hard confirm to what we've known/hoped for.