Page 338 of 613 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

YOOOOOO!!!!!

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    YOOOOOO!!!!!

Badass action hero Superman for the win!

YOOOOOO!!!!!

What I wouldn’t give to get Ribic drawing a Cosmic Supes arc.

BANNED

One of Bendis' collaborators from his X-Men run at Marvel, Kris Anka, has made the jump to DC

we received amazing news today @dccomics #dcwondercomics Young justice number one and Naomi number one both sold out all over the country and are both going to a second printing. Thank you! Thank you to the retailers who backed us and the fans who demanded it. As I thank you here is a exclusive preview to the cover of young justice number five By @patrickgleasonstudio which will also feature A special Tim drake sequence by @kristaferanka don’t forget to tell your local comic book store to hold issues for you. Including the upcoming wonder twins and dial h for hero both from #dcwondercomics #timdrake #youngjustice #dcnaomi #stephaniebrown #amythestprincessofgemworld #impulse #connerkent #jinnyhex #teenlantern #thank you
    https://www.newsarama.com/43702-kris...th-bendis.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtZYBeKH...d=nn5xwoyvte2g

Just noticed he posted a new pic.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Man, I really, really, REALLY think Zaar is half Kryptonian, and likely Superman's half brother (older half brother specifically).

The way he wears the torn house of El cape seems way more deliberate and careful than a simple trophy of war.

Plus, there's the fact that Bendis has been stressing that the Unity Saga is specifically a "Superman Family Crisis." Zaar may currently be linked insofar as he says he blew up Krypton, but he's on the outskirts of the story thematically. Zod even links himself to this "Family Crisis" with the notion of wanting to bring the Houses of Zod and El together. The connection with Jor-El and his machinations deepen, and the story keeps itself a family crisis played on a galactic scale if Zaar is actually part of the family. As it stands, he's the only outlier, so I'm doubling down and calling it: Zaar is Clark's half brother.

Anyways, great art! Love seeing Clark, Jon, and Kara in one image.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Man, I really, really, REALLY think Zaar is half Kryptonian, and likely Superman's half brother (older half brother specifically).

The way he wears the torn house of El cape seems way more deliberate and careful than a simple trophy of war.

Plus, there's the fact that Bendis has been stressing that the Unity Saga is specifically a "Superman Family Crisis." Zaar may currently be linked insofar as he says he blew up Krypton, but he's on the outskirts of the story thematically. Zod even links himself to this "Family Crisis" with the notion of wanting to bring the Houses of Zod and El together. The connection with Jor-El and his machinations deepen, and the story keeps itself a family crisis played on a galactic scale if Zaar is actually part of the family. As it stands, he's the only outlier, so I'm doubling down and calling it: Zaar is Clark's half brother.

I was thinking of something similar. Conner type thing. Jor-El cloning himself with alien blood.

If Zaar is coming back it’s high time we got his origin already. I’m willing to try to overlook his “Not!Doomsday” genericness but I need a hook Bendis. Well at least it looks like it will be a Kal, Kara, and Jon team-up, nice to have the Superfamily interacting more regularly.

Not to put too fine a point on my my theory, but I notice that Jon, Zaar, and Jor-El all have scaring on their faces. Now, I'm not insinuating that them all having face scars will have specific story relevance (well I dunno, it might), but rather it's somehow symbolic and deliberately visually connecting. I have to imagine Bendis based Jon and Zaar having scars off Jor-El having his. Jon and Zaar both have scars on the right side of their faces, while it's the left for Jor-El's.

I'm bringing this up mostly because both Zaar and Jon didn't always have scarring, and their scars were specifically mentioned in their design sheets.

Jon: http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...t-Superboy.jpg

Zaar: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdbTMnVU0AAdm_k.jpg

I dunno, like the whole Zaar insisting on wearing the house of El cape, it seems to deliberate not to mean something.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Not to put too fine a point on my my theory, but I notice that Jon, Zaar, and Jor-El all have scaring on their faces. Now, I'm not insinuating that them all having face scars will have specific story relevance (well I dunno, it might), but rather it's somehow symbolic and deliberately visually connecting. I have to imagine Bendis based Jon and Zaar having scars off Jor-El having his. Jon and Zaar both have scars on the right side of their faces, while it's the left for Jor-El's.

I'm bringing this up mostly because both Zaar and Jon didn't always have scarring, and their scars were specifically mentioned in their design sheets.

Jon: http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...t-Superboy.jpg

Zaar: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdbTMnVU0AAdm_k.jpg

I dunno, like the whole Zaar insisting on wearing the house of El cape, it seems to deliberate not to mean something.
    I hate the idea that even the scar will be connected back to Jor el. I always thought it was connected to his background. Like when he got scratch while falling of from a tree. Not everything has to be about Jor el.Jon only just has a scar. While others don't have half their faces.

With you on the half Kryptonian part. But how do you get the ages to line up? If Zaar was an experienced warrior as he appeared to be in the flashbacks in Man of Steel, and Jor El was his father Jor El would have to be significantly older than we think no?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Like when he got scratch while falling of from a tree.
    Can't it work on multiple levels? I myself don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    With you on the half Kryptonian part. But how do you get the ages to line up? If Zaar was an experienced warrior as he appeared to be in the flashbacks in Man of Steel, and Jor El was his father Jor El would have to be significantly older than we think no?
    Yeah, that's a good point. Well, I will say I'm growing increasingly more confidant in his direct blood relation to the House of El. Well, Jor-El as of Reborn may have returned to quite the Brando-like white haired older man, but Action Comics 977 has him pretty clearly going gray and sports a full on beard, so it can be confidently assumed that he's likely well into middle age. Zaar could be something as simple as the product of Jor-El's early youth. In fact, between the idea that Kryptonians are considered adults earlier humans, and Jor-El feeling some remorse for not stepping up when he should've, that could be why Jor-El seemed to want to hammer home the idea of responsibility and being a man to Jon at such a young age.

Then there's also the idea that maybe he's Seyg-El's child. Jor-El as Zaar's brother would work just as well, especially with their burned faces complementing one another. The link to Jon still works because they'd both be half kryptonians of the house of El (also allowing their matching scaring to still sync up).

Either way I'd be shocked if he were not only not half Kryptonian, but also not of the house of El. The family crisis aspect of this whole run coming into focus, Zod wanting to merge the houses El and Zod in his establishing appearance in the run, Jon going to a parallel world where his evil dad lives, our Clark seeming to meet other universe versions of his family, and the galaxy viewing the House of El as royalty all make Zaar just this guy who says he killed Krypton less relevant. But, if he's this secret shame/"bastard" of the family seeking revenge, then it melts into the whole framework quite well, I feel.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really hope this next Rogal Zaar arc being the characters last, my least favorite of Bendis run on these books.

Yeah, that's a good point. Well, I will say I'm growing increasingly more confidant in his direct blood relation to the House of El. Well, Jor-El as of Reborn may have returned to quite the Brando-like white haired older man, but Action Comics 977 has him pretty clearly going gray and sports a full on beard, so it can be confidently assumed that he's likely well into middle age. Zaar could be something as simple as the product of Jor-El's early youth. In fact, between the idea that Kryptonians are considered adults earlier humans, and Jor-El feeling some remorse for not stepping up when he should've, that could be why Jor-El seemed to want to hammer home the idea of responsibility and being a man to Jon at such a young age.

Then there's also the idea that maybe he's Seyg-El's child. Jor-El as Zaar's brother would work just as well, especially with their burned faces complementing one another. The link to Jon still works because they'd both be half kryptonians of the house of El (also allowing their matching scaring to still sync up).

Either way I'd be shocked if he were not only not half Kryptonian, but also not of the house of El. The family crisis aspect of this whole run coming into focus, Zod wanting to merge the houses El and Zod in his establishing appearance in the run, Jon going to a parallel world where his evil dad lives, our Clark seeming to meet other universe versions of his family, and the galaxy viewing the House of El as royalty all make Zaar just this guy who says he killed Krypton less relevant. But, if he's this secret shame/"bastard" of the family seeking revenge, then it melts into the whole framework quite well, I feel.
    He's got a Tom Skeritt or Kurt Russell thing going on in the Action flashbacks.

FBA288C0-26FA-4E52-B0D2-E7CB2484F530.jpg

It could work. I was leaning towards like a younger Jor El having been the person who had to deal with whatever fallout Zaar's existence as a half-Kryptonian caused. Weren't they traditionally isolationists? I don't know if that carried over to being speciesist/racist. But cloning being bad might be back in with Connor's return, so maybe genetic purity matters to them (I prefer Krypton not being a Utopia that we should mourn completely and you need to keep the isolationist part in to kill them all off otherwise there'd be thousands of them flying around the universe at the time of Krypton's destruction). So Jor El was maybe the one who went to see Zaar's other parent with the directive to keep his existence quiet and not to attempt to contact them again. It'd be a looser connection but it could fuel the resentment Zaar has towards Krypton in general and Zor El specifically. He's the face of Kryptonian rejection.

But Jor El would have to be only a little older than we've seen, like 40's or 50's really, so Zaar could be somewhere in his 20's at the time of Krypton's destruction. Or not given characters appearance can shift a decade easy between artists. That was his last "appearance" before coming after Earth. And he was the Circles enforcer and had a pretty bad ass reputation before Krypton. So yeah, it could all fit. Jor could be like 40. Had had Zaar in his late teens or 20's and settled down with Lara in like his 30's and had Clark somewhere around 40. Zaar could be early 20's and had a few years to establish himself before Krypton's destruction.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-03-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's got a Tom Skeritt or Kurt Russell thing going on in the Action flashbacks.

FBA288C0-26FA-4E52-B0D2-E7CB2484F530.jpg

It could work. I was leaning towards like a younger Jor El having been the person who had to deal with whatever fallout Zaar's existence as a half-Kryptonian caused. Weren't they traditionally isolationists? I don't know if that carried over to being speciesist/racist. But cloning being bad might be back in with Connor's return, so maybe genetic purity matters to them (I prefer Krypton not being a Utopia that we should mourn completely and you need to keep the isolationist part in to kill them all off otherwise there'd be thousands of them flying around the universe at the time of Krypton's destruction). So Jor El was maybe the one who went to see Zaar's other parent with the directive to keep his existence quiet and not to attempt to contact them again. It'd be a looser connection but it could fuel the resentment Zaar has towards Krypton in general and Zor El specifically. He's the face of Kryptonian rejection.

But Jor El would have to be only a little older than we've seen, like 40's or 50's really, so Zaar could be somewhere in his 20's at the time of Krypton's destruction. Or not given characters appearance can shift a decade easy between artists. That was his last "appearance" before coming after Earth. And he was the Circles enforcer and had a pretty bad ass reputation before Krypton. So yeah, it could all fit. Jor could be like 40. Had had Zaar in his late teens or 20's and settled down with Lara in like his 30's and had Clark somewhere around 40. Zaar could be early 20's and had a few years to establish himself before Krypton's destruction.
    That's an interesting theory, and I hope it proves true. Also, Lara is quite pregnant in this shot, so it's a conversation happening mere weeks or days before Kal-El's birth.