Page 339 of 613 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's got a Tom Skeritt or Kurt Russell thing going on in the Action flashbacks.

Attachment 78060

It could work. I was leaning towards like a younger Jor El having been the person who had to deal with whatever fallout Zaar's existence as a half-Kryptonian caused. Weren't they traditionally isolationists? I don't know if that carried over to being speciesist/racist. But cloning being bad might be back in with Connor's return, so maybe genetic purity matters to them (I prefer Krypton not being a Utopia that we should mourn completely and you need to keep the isolationist part in to kill them all off otherwise there'd be thousands of them flying around the universe at the time of Krypton's destruction). So Jor El was maybe the one who went to see Zaar's other parent with the directive to keep his existence quiet and not to attempt to contact them again. It'd be a looser connection but it could fuel the resentment Zaar has towards Krypton in general and Zor El specifically. He's the face of Kryptonian rejection.

But Jor El would have to be only a little older than we've seen, like 40's or 50's really, so Zaar could be somewhere in his 20's at the time of Krypton's destruction. Or not given characters appearance can shift a decade easy between artists. That was his last "appearance" before coming after Earth. And he was the Circles enforcer and had a pretty bad ass reputation before Krypton. So yeah, it could all fit. Jor could be like 40. Had had Zaar in his late teens or 20's and settled down with Lara in like his 30's and had Clark somewhere around 40. Zaar could be early 20's and had a few years to establish himself before Krypton's destruction.
    Didn't eradicator try to "cleanse" Jon's human side to make him "pure". I would say genetic purity mattered to a large chunk of them. To program eradicator like that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-03-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Didn't eradicator try to "cleanse" Jon's human side to make him "pure". I would say genetic purity mattered to a large chuck of them. To program eradicator like that.
    I forgot about that. But you are right. And that version of the Eradicator carried over through Reborn - Cyborg Superman collects him from his grave on the moon in the Superman Revenge Squad story afterwards.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It looks like that next arc with rogal zaar may actually be a crossover with Marc Andreyko's Supergirl run based on Marc tweeting a "can't wait " in reply to Bendis's tweet.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It could work. I was leaning towards like a younger Jor El having been the person who had to deal with whatever fallout Zaar's existence as a half-Kryptonian caused. Weren't they traditionally isolationists? I don't know if that carried over to being speciesist/racist. But cloning being bad might be back in with Connor's return, so maybe genetic purity matters to them (I prefer Krypton not being a Utopia that we should mourn completely and you need to keep the isolationist part in to kill them all off otherwise there'd be thousands of them flying around the universe at the time of Krypton's destruction). So Jor El was maybe the one who went to see Zaar's other parent with the directive to keep his existence quiet and not to attempt to contact them again. It'd be a looser connection but it could fuel the resentment Zaar has towards Krypton in general and Zor El specifically. He's the face of Kryptonian rejection.

But Jor El would have to be only a little older than we've seen, like 40's or 50's really, so Zaar could be somewhere in his 20's at the time of Krypton's destruction. Or not given characters appearance can shift a decade easy between artists. That was his last "appearance" before coming after Earth. And he was the Circles enforcer and had a pretty bad ass reputation before Krypton. So yeah, it could all fit. Jor could be like 40. Had had Zaar in his late teens or 20's and settled down with Lara in like his 30's and had Clark somewhere around 40. Zaar could be early 20's and had a few years to establish himself before Krypton's destruction.
    Yeah, originally, before the "family crisis" aspect of the run became clear, I assumed that Jor-El as a young witness (late teens early 20s) to a close friend peer dealing with the eventuality of Zaar's birth, then helping said peer and the Circle cover it up. It would still work.

That said, I'm reminded of Bendis words on the word balloon podcast where he said that (and this is me paraphrasing) he takes some inspiration from imaginary stories because they were the stories that tended to get down to some guarded truth about the character. And with that in mind I genuinely hope that we get the reveal that Zaar is Clark's half brother so we can condense 6 issues of Man of Steel and 6 issues of Superman down into the simple idea of this cover here hahaha

It would put the most genuine smile on my face to know that we spent 12 total issues watching Superman's older brother give him the universe's longest and harshest nuggie lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

A better look at the cover for those interested.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Lol, Zaar is a little bit chivalrous. Superman and Jon get blows to the face but not Kara.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lol, Zaar is a little bit chivalrous. Superman and Jon get blows to the face but not Kara.
    Her left cheek shows discoloration; the hammer of prejudice remains unisex. Rogol Zaar confirmed still a dick.

BANNED

DC's VP executive editor Bill Morrison was laid off during the recent reshuffling

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-mad-magazine/

And to bring this back around to Bendis...I recall he was offered an EIC job at Marvel when Quesada stepped down, but he turned the offer down.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-04-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Given how much Bendis has been talking about Superman and his world, I want to believe he has a long-term plan regarding the Superman comics and he is not making things up as he goes along. I've been doing my best to give Bendis the benefit of the doubt and kept an open mind about the concepts and ideas he wants to introduce to the Superman universe, but he has an uphill battle to accomplish his goals. It seems as if replacing Tomasi and Jurgens as the new author of the Superman comics was gonna be thankless task, no matter who was given the honor, but Bendis suffered an additional amount of fan pressure thanks to his reputation over at Marvel. Hopefully, he will turn things around and give us the Superman stories we deserve as a community.

This might be worth taking a quick look at.....

https://twitter.com/dranj70/status/1092151880766111749

"Anyone else getting a Dr. Manhattan vibe from the Leviathan bombs?"

The actual fascinating part is not specifically the theory itself, but rather the fact that Bendis retweeted it.

He could've done it just to capitalize on the provocative nature of the that specific visual effect and color choice. Or, it could actually be hinting at something. Hard to say at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This might be worth taking a quick look at.....

https://twitter.com/dranj70/status/1092151880766111749

"Anyone else getting a Dr. Manhattan vibe from the Leviathan bombs?"

The actual fascinating part is not specifically the theory itself, but rather the fact that Bendis retweeted it.

He could've done it just to capitalize on the provocative nature of the that specific visual effect and color choice. Or, it could actually be hinting at something. Hard to say at this stage.
    In the Watchman movie Ozymandias used Manhattan's energy signature to make bombs to frame him. Maybe Bendis is having Leviathan crib that. Leviathan as an organization could have learned of Manhattan or his involvement (maybe through Doomsday Clock, since this is afterwards ) and has used that to build these bombs that are beyond what anyone has encountered before. Or maybe Ozymandais sticks around after Doomsday Clock and decides its in his best interests to take over all the secret organizations, meaning he is Leviathan.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-04-2019 at 11:03 AM.

BANNED

This review of Superman#7 from DC's official website takes the stance that while Lois was "perhaps" right to leave Jon on his own, she probably should have stuck around

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...family-reunion

They also wonder where the scar came from

Might be that the bombs, instead of killing people, teleport people somewhere instead similar to the hat Manhattan did when everyone surrounded him after the fake cancer cases came out.

I'm gonna say Ultraman or Superwoman gives Jon that scar. One of the two. Looks identical to his parents, he's not used to multiversal replicas, so he lets his guard down/hesitates and he gets a bad injury.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Meh, I still have zero interest in Uber Doomsday er I mean Zaar..
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."