Page 346 of 613 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 9194
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    There's massive age difference between a 10 year old and a seventeen year old and it looks like Jon is this way because of some kind of time dilation so he actually has the mind of a seventeen year old and wouldn't want to attend all those years of school. All signs currently point to Lois revealing Jon's identity as Superman's son via her book. I've already made it clear I'm not on board with this as permanent thing and want to see Jon de-aged/reset for various reasons. I'm also coming accepting that we might be stuck with this for a while(easily another year or two) before it'll be undone if ever. The secret id stuff can, and would eventually have to, be sorted out later.
    I still hate the idea of Lois going public with the marriage to Superman just so Jon can be his son in public, but that horse has been beaten enough.

Whichever way it's cut, however, I'm infinitely more interested in how things are going to work out with Jon now that he's back as well as what's going on in Action as opposed to how Lois/Clark need to explain it to others. It's /their/ adjustment as a family I'm interested in. Not Steve Lombard's or something.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I still hate the idea of Lois going public with the marriage to Superman just so Jon can be his son in public, but that horse has been beaten enough.
    This is one area I believe we agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Whichever way it's cut, however, I'm infinitely more interested in how things are going to work out with Jon now that he's back as well as what's going on in Action as opposed to how Lois/Clark need to explain it to others. It's /their/ adjustment as a family I'm interested in. Not Steve Lombard's or something.
    It's good way to try to think about it, I suppose. Though how they appear in public as a family is going to be part of that adjustment.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon's secret identity is toast anyways. He can't go to school. And most of his friends are heroes, alien, monsters.. Etc. So he really doesn't need it anymore. I think Bendis is setting Jon to be the second superman.And he will be the son of superman in the public eye as well.He mighg even be made space superman with united planets thing
    But yeah! I don't think or want this to be a permanent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon's secret identity is toast anyways. He can't go to school. And most of his friends are heroes, alien, monsters.. Etc. So he really doesn't need it anymore. I think Bendis is setting Jon to be the second superman.And he will be the son of superman in the public eye as well.He mighg even be made space superman with united planets thing
    But yeah! I don't think or want this to be a permanent thing.
    Yeah, had 2 Flashes for a couple of years. One was shipped at random in the Justice League book (first with Jessica Cruz Green Lantern, and then with some other person), while the other kept getting killed and brought back until Heroes in Crisis actually axed him for the foreseeable future.

DC couldn't handle 2 Flashes, but suddenly two "Supermen" can be done?

I'm really hoping this whole thing is undone in Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

Dan Didio will be at Long Beach Comic Con on Sunday hosting a panel, so expect some news on what's to come from the DC Universe then

12:30pm – 1:30pm Sunday Conversation with DC Comics’ Dan DiDio
    Speakers: Dan DiDio

Description: Dan DiDio invites you to join this afternoon chat to talk about your favorite comic book memories and why we all love this medium and give you a sneak peek at events occurring across the DC Universe. All are welcome; no RSVP required!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ramming-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, had 2 Flashes for a couple of years. One was shipped at random in the Justice League book (first with Jessica Cruz Green Lantern, and then with some other person), while the other kept getting killed and brought back until Heroes in Crisis actually axed him for the foreseeable future.

DC couldn't handle 2 Flashes, but suddenly two "Supermen" can be done?

I'm really hoping this whole thing is undone in Doomsday Clock.
    As more issues come out, I’m starting to think this (and some other DC titles) are after Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    As more issues come out, I’m starting to think this (and some other DC titles) are after Doomsday Clock.
    I've thought that since Jor El first popped up in Man of Steel. I laid out my reasoning for it in a thread a while back that's just waiting for my "I told you so tour." I think all the Wonder Comics are post-Doomsday Clock as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I've thought that since Jor El first popped up in Man of Steel. I laid out my reasoning for it in a thread a while back that's just waiting for my "I told you so tour." I think all the Wonder Comics are post-Doomsday Clock as well.
    There's a Doomsday Clock easter egg in today's issue of Superman

spoilers:
    One of the old movies Jon is watching in Jor-El's ship is Nathaniel Dusk
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's a Doomsday Clock easter egg in today's issue of Superman

spoilers:
    One of the old movies Jon is watching in Jor-El's ship is Nathaniel Dusk
    end of spoilers
    I didn’t catch that at first, but yup! Haha, I’m taking that as a hint from Bendis.

Also from Superman #8 spoilers:
    Jor El doesn’t mention the whole kidnapped by Manhattan thing when he discusses his situation with Jon
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't think that was at all the plan when the things were first being constructed, but with Doomsday Clock taking so maddeningly long, it wouldn't be outright surprising if they changed their mind on the timeline as far as some of the regular monthlies go when all is said and done.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't think that was at all the plan when the things were first being constructed, but with Doomsday Clock taking so maddeningly long, it wouldn't be outright surprising if they changed their mind on the timeline as far as some of the regular monthlies go when all is said and done.
    That would fit in with what we heard about there being a set date for when the Legion and JSA could be used.

Mind you, when Bendis had Batman guest star early in his Action Comics run I don't think he was wearing his Doomsday Clock outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    True. But Bendis has known the outcome of Doomsday Clock since at least July when he talked about it on Word Balloon. But I definitely agree that by this point there are likely a lot of titles that could be set after it and just being vague about certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That would fit in with what we heard about there being a set date for when the Legion and JSA could be used.

Mind you, when Bendis had Batman guest star early in his Action Comics run I don't think he was wearing his Doomsday Clock outfit.
    The Doomsday Clock Riddler is a completely different character than what’s appearing in Batman. Costumes are a bad indicator I think because they can change on a whim almost.

BANNED

Bendis will contribute to a new 25 cent book in May: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN, which will kick off a new year long initiative for the company

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-issue-1186135

This May, DC will bring on the bad guys in a special comic book preview of what lies ahead over the next 12 months, as it unveils DC’s Year of the Villain.

Featuring new material by Brian Michael Bendis, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Alex Maleev, Jim Cheung and Francis Manapul, the 25-cent issue will include short stories tying in with continuing and upcoming stories in the Justice League and Superman titles, as well as continuing the storyline of Batman Who Laughs in preparation for a new, as-yet-unrevealed series to be launched this summer.

Additionally, the issue will preview a future storyline in the ongoing Batman comic book, offering clues about the upcoming “City of Bane” showdown between the Dark Knight and a number of his many super-foes.

The 32-page DC’s Year of the Villain will be released May 1, ahead of that weekend’s Free Comic Book Day celebrations in participating comic book stores. The main cover for the issue comes from Dark Nights: Metal artist Greg Capullo, with variant covers available by Maleev, Cheung and Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, each spotlighting a different DC bad guy. (Lex Luthor, the Batman Who Laughs, and Cheetah, respectively.) You can see all four covers below.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-13-2019 at 08:30 AM.