Page 348 of 613 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think this is kind of Bendis' version of King's Action 1000 story. Just some far future "what if" scenario. Not necessarily any type of canon. Just a neat little nod to his Action Comics run.
    At least King's story is vague enough to fit any scenario, even Bendis' present vision. Bendis is just doing whatever he pleases with this one...kind of makes me worried for what could happen if he were to take over the Bat books.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Have you guys heard Bendis is doing an AMA over at r/DCcomics. I don't think that is going to end well. Then again people have always surprised me, more than disappoint me. So, hopefully we get new infos

I hope they're civil. The Superman community on reddit is very pro-post-Crisis sensibilities and also don't like the Jon thing at all. All fine, different communities lean in different directions as I've learned. But their tastes are counter to a lot of what Bendis is doing/people think he's going to be doing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Good for him. I'll definitely check it out.

You should be able to defend your creative choices against legitimate criticism and more than most comic writers I think he does address some of the legit criticisms of his work. Where as a lot of them just seem to ignore anything that is critical. I thought his Den of Geek interview after Superman #7 was pretty good because it actually addressed people who were critical of Jon's direction and why he thought it was a good story. No good ever comes from surrounding yourself with only yes men and a lot of comic "news" sites are basically just PR fronts.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nice.

I don't see why this can't be a really good time so long as all the questions being asked are respectful and, well, actual questions.

I'm very interested to see what information he's willing to give out. We should all compile a list of questions we'd all like to ask him here lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Looks like it is Tuesday, February 19th at 2:00 PT/5:00 ET.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hope they're civil. The Superman community on reddit is very pro-post-Crisis sensibilities and also don't like the Jon thing at all. All fine, different communities lean in different directions as I've learned. But their tastes are counter to a lot of what Bendis is doing/people think he's going to be doing.
    I wouldn't exactly call them pro-post-crisis.they are just more pro-rebirth. They liked that direction. Now, they are just mad in general,since the outlaw trinity is gone, wally is dead, hic pretty much is antithesis of rebirth and now jon is aged up. Jon is a sore spot for the guys there, no doubt about it. I have even saw a couple of the jon fans there use 'save Jon kent' as their role.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call them pro-post-crisis.they are just more pro-rebirth. They liked that direction. Now, they are just mad in general,since the outlaw trinity is gone, wally is dead, hic pretty much is antithesis of rebirth and now jon is aged up. Jon is a sore spot for the guys there, no doubt about it. I have even saw a couple of the jon fans there use 'save Jon kent' as their role.
    I'm fairly active on that subreddit and I'd argue that the farthest back most readers on there go is the New 52 or just before, so roughly a decade. You'll get posts about older content, but it's mostly where new readers go and thus they'll proclaim current or just-finished runs GOAT and lose their minds if the status quo changes. I get it. I liked the Rebirth situation for Superman, but I'm enjoying Bendis too.

Different strokes for different folks, but yeah, take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm fairly active on that subreddit and I'd argue that the farthest back most readers on there go is the New 52 or just before, so roughly a decade. You'll get posts about older content, but it's mostly where new readers go and thus they'll proclaim current or just-finished runs GOAT and lose their minds if the status quo changes. I get it. I liked the Rebirth situation for Superman, but I'm enjoying Bendis too.

Different strokes for different folks, but yeah, take it with a grain of salt.
    Yeah! They are mostly casual fans.I mean, that really doesn't matter. From the YouTube reviews and twitter reactions in general. This era is not regarded as fan favourite(may be i am wrong) . People see it more as Didio returning things back to New52. New52 is divisive to say the least. So, far the only thing that is universally liked by bendis seems to be Young justice. Even that has it's detractors.Hic is universally loathed there,though.

I'm fairly new around those parts, and that was just my first impression, but all that being so I'll definitely defer to those around longer.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

BC offers up new details on Year of the Villain

There will be a string of two-page preludes written by both Bendis and Scott Snyder, similar to what Marvel did with Where Is Wolverine? in their comics

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...e-dc-universe/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Have you guys heard Bendis is doing an AMA over at r/DCcomics. I don't think that is going to end well. Then again people have always surprised me, more than disappoint me. So, hopefully we get new infos
    Oh boy, I expect a lot of whining about Jon. Which ok I get, but man there are some questions that I totally would like to ask and I hope the AMA isn’t just people complaining. Hopefully the mods are on point.

We know Bendis wanted to create some new villains which he has, but I want to know what his plans for existing Rogues are. Is he planning on using Metallo or Parasite for example? I would really like to know because the Rogues other than Lex could use some love.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

For people hoping Jon would get younger by the end of the year somehow, don't anticipate it. Bendis has said it will be a while before Jon and Damian's reunion since there is so much else going on,but he started writing a draft already because of how excited he is for their new dynamic. And we already know Bendis likes to write a lot of issues ahead.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...47352169644032

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For people hoping Jon would get younger by the end of the year somehow, don't anticipate it. Bendis has said it will be a while before Jon and Damian's reunion since there is so much else going on,but he started writing a draft already because of how excited he is for their new dynamic. And we already know Bendis likes to write a lot of issues ahead.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...47352169644032
    I saw that as well. He was something like 8 months ahead of the books before, so this reunion may be as far out as October or November.

BANNED

I like that Bendis writes a little ahead of stuff he's still polishing up, it gives him a target goal to work towards, and by letting it be known early, he can build big time to that meeting and receive appropriate feedback from the fans as to how to do it right in other subsequent drafts.