Page 350 of 613 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For people hoping Jon would get younger by the end of the year somehow, don't anticipate it. Bendis has said it will be a while before Jon and Damian's reunion since there is so much else going on,but he started writing a draft already because of how excited he is for their new dynamic. And we already know Bendis likes to write a lot of issues ahead.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...47352169644032
    Jon is like the O5 over in X-Men. He’s not going to get undone unless the higher-ups force Bendis to do it, or the writer succeeding Bendis chooses to do so. Aged up Jon is going to be the story for Bendis’ Superman run.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Aged up Jon is going to be the story for Bendis’ Superman run.
    And also the linchpin pin for the forthcoming new status quo aka "modern family" for the Superman family for the foreseeable future. I'm genuinely getting the feeling that this is fully intended to be for keeps for as long as possible, Bendis or no. That's what the intention feels like anyway.

I think specifically the new status quo will be the solidification point. That's why I'm so curious about what it will end up being. Based on what information and story we have so far, I have my guess, but my growing curiosity remains.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Jon is like the O5 over in X-Men. He’s not going to get undone unless the higher-ups force Bendis to do it, or the writer succeeding Bendis chooses to do so. Aged up Jon is going to be the story for Bendis’ Superman run.
    In that case us who don't like this are going to have a long tough fight ahead to get Jon deaged and family back to normal, and supersons the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Another tease for The Question's return to Action Comics. Wonder if it's going to be in black and white - the TV screen is in color and shows what looks like a news report on the Cobra Cult.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt9nOYXnoZK/
    I’m so happy to have the Question, the non-New 52 one that is, back. Bendis writes him fairly well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    And also the linchpin pin for the forthcoming new status quo aka "modern family" for the Superman family for the foreseeable future. I'm genuinely getting the feeling that this is fully intended to be for keeps for as long as possible, Bendis or no. That's what the intention feels like anyway.

I think specifically the new status quo will be the solidification point. That's why I'm so curious about what it will end up being. Based on what information and story we have so far, I have my guess, but my growing curiosity remains.
    Yep. It might get undone, Bendis want out of his way to write that the O5 couldn’t just time travel back to their present, but in the end that’s exactly what happened. Someone could do something similar. But it won’t be Bendis, and right now I believe editorial is 100% behind him with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    In that case us who don't like this are going to have a long tough fight ahead to get Jon deaged and family back to normal, and supersons the way it was.
    Yeah you do. Lol sorry to put it that bluntly but I would not expect to see this get undone anytime soon. Super Sons was dropping down into the cancellation zone even before we got the news that “Bendis Was Coming!”. Bendis was most likely promised a great deal of creative freedom, similar to what King gets I expect.

Yep. It might get undone, Bendis want out of his way to write that the O5 couldn’t just time travel back to their present, but in the end that’s exactly what happened. Someone could do something similar. But it won’t be Bendis, and right now I believe editorial is 100% behind him with this.

Yeah you do. Lol sorry to put it that bluntly but I would not expect to see this get undone anytime soon. Super Sons was dropping down into the cancellation zone even before we got the news that “Bendis Was Coming!”. Bendis was most likely promised a great deal of creative freedom, similar to what King gets I expect.
    Super Sons was doing better than a number of books then and even now.

and right now I believe editorial is 100% behind him with this.
    I agree. If I remember correctly, the main Superman editor voiced support of the direction.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Super Sons sells in the ballpark of Supergirl, better sometimes, without the benefit of variant covers to boost sales. There’s a lot of books that would crater without the variants. I don’t think it’s performance is actually that poor comparatively.

If by editorial you mean Didio and Lee, yeah he has their full support and they are probably the only ones that could veto anything. I doubt Cunningham has any say over the direction of these books.

Incredible Member

I agree. If I remember correctly, the main Superman editor voiced support of the direction.
    Given if I remember correctly he said that he didn't like Lois and Clark being married(and I assume that means he's also not fond of them having kid) I consider that a bad thing and reason to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    If by editorial you mean Didio and Lee, yeah he has their full support and they are probably the only ones that could veto anything. I doubt Cunningham has any say over the direction of these books.
    I agree. I just found it to be of note that in a very candid moment the editor of the spoke about it like that. But yeah, I'd say the direction has the support of all the relevant higher-ups.

Given if I remember correctly he said that he didn't like Lois and Clark being married(and I assume that means he's also not fond of them having kid) I consider that a bad thing and reason to worry.
    He said he prefered them unmarried in a since deleted tweet, but he got into a back and forth with some fans and kinda walked away acknowledging he may need to reconsider things. From what has been said, he's also not an editor that imposes his personal tastes on writers. And his recent comments were that he liked the way Bendis writes them together and Bendis has been pretty clear he's not breaking them up or getting rid of Jon. Change, yes. But OMD isn't on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Super Sons was doing better than a number of books then and even now.
    Sure but it wasn’t lighting the charts on fire which is my point. If Super Sons has been a huge breakout success selling consistently in the 40k range for example, I doubt Bendis would’ve been allowed to play with the Superfamily dynamics like he’s doing. But it wasn’t a huge success. It was selling ok, in the 20k range towards the end last I checked. Not criticizing the book, I really enjoyed it, but also nothing that would really impress higher-ups saleswise imo.

Yeah, he was pretty candid about not being a fan of the marriage as it's normally shown, but he also specifically said that this direction with the marriage was something that he dug. He was using the fact he's generally someone who wasn't into the marriage, but found himself digging the new direction with it as a feather in the directions cap. Like, "even I like where this is heading."

That's not something that makes me worry, but rather something that fascinates me because Bendis makes it clear that the marriage, family, and love aren't going anywhere, but people like who weren't the biggest fans of it are coming around.

Incredible Member

It seems like they're trying to move back to place where Lois and Clark more like serious couple who are having intercourse and Lois knows Clark's secret identity, but not living together(even if they're legally married). They are also rumors about about a possibility of a legal divorce for whatever reason with a sham break-up, but they're still together in private(which I find worrisome, even if Bendis himself won't break them up for real, I have no faith DC wouldn't use it as a stepping stone for the next writer to do so).
    This whole situation is becoming more and more depressing. You find something you like and think it has a lot of potential and it gets killed off after only a short time. I can only hope what seems like a general negative reception so far to Bendis changes to Jon ultimately leads this getting undone, eventually.

Yeah, he was pretty candid about not being a fan of the marriage as it's normally shown, but he also specifically said that this direction with the marriage was something that he dug. He was using the fact he's generally someone who wasn't into the marriage, but found himself digging the new direction with it as a feather in the directions cap. Like, "even I like where this is heading."

That's not something that makes me worry, but rather something that fascinates me because Bendis makes it clear that the marriage, family, and love aren't going anywhere, but people like who weren't the biggest fans of it are coming around.
    And ones that did like it prior to Bendis, feel put off (to say the least).