Page 357 of 613 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 9194

I really hope you guys weren’t expecting him to say “Oh yeah in issue 20 of Superman I undo the whole aged up thing and everything goes back to normal”. Even if he was going to do that why on Earth would he tell you? It would spoil the whole story. Writers aren’t going to tell you what their plans are just because fans get all anxious or don’t like what they’re doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really hope you guys weren’t expecting him to say “Oh yeah in issue 20 of Superman I undo the whole aged up thing and everything goes back to normal”. Even if he was going to do that why on Earth would he tell you? It would spoil the whole story. Writers aren’t going to tell you what their plans are just because fans get all anxious or don’t like what they’re doing.
    Never expected nor said he would spill all of his plot details. Merely hoped he would be a tad more upfront about his plans with Jon going forward like he was with practically all other subjects.

Incredible Member

Nope. I actually wasn't expecting to hear anything of substance. But the fact that I'm only against the current writer's changes and not all tptb is a little heartening.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 02-19-2019 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

So? Bendis wants to tell this story right now. If King wanted to use Spyral I’m sure he’d have it declared off-limits for his Batman run. I doubt anyone else has any plans to use it.
    King is using Tiger from Spyral and maybe Bendis can tell his "Superman" using you know actual Superman characters and concepts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    That’s not how a shared universe works. First come first serve.
    Sure it does, otherwise Joker would have been killed by Spectre a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    King is using Tiger from Spyral and maybe Bendis can tell his "Superman" using you know actual Superman characters and concepts.
    If Bendis believed that characters should remain separate from each other's books, the Justice League wouldn't have shown up in his Phantom Zone storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    This really wasn't Bendis' call though. It was editorial that wanted something done with all the secret organizations. The rest of this stuff wasn't being used and was available for someone to revamp or rework. At most it sounds like the writers of Silencer had to tweak things for Leviathan.

I really think this man is just winging this shit as he goes. The Jon thing is just irritating, Jon was fine as he was, there was no need to change him. Bendis basically made a new character and called him Jon Kent . To top it off the overall storyline of his Jon arc is just sloppy at best. Makes Lois and Clark look like horrible parents, there reasoning for letting him go off with Jor-el still makes no sense.

Also it's not controversial ,majority hates the change, it's not even split down the middle. Most people just hate the fucking change and enough people tell him that. Seen it on his Instagram seen it on his Twitter and I saw it today! This Superman Arc is just a flop at this point with a few good moments here and there but overall a flop. Even if he does change Jon back then what was the point to begin with?

Nothing to suggest he's winging it thus far. The narrative is cohesive and coherent, the controversial nature of how things started aside. Not liking those details does not constitute any evidence of just making up stuff on the fly. All it means is you don't like said plot.

And you have absolutely no data to back up that the "majority" hate the change. You don't know that. No one does. The only way to tell immediately if something is working or not is in sales of books, not people complaining on the internet. We don't have enough sample size yet to tell A, if the change is disliked enough that its reflecting in lower sales, or even B, if a like or dislike for a direction for a supporting character like Jon is a factor at all in the sales of a Superman book in the first place. We have nothing but loud people online complaining. And that never tells the story. Not when meanwhile we have Superman's books currently in the upper-tier of DC's sellers at immediate present.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-19-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nothing to suggest he's winging it thus far. The narrative is cohesive and coherent.

And you have absolutely no data to back up that the "majority" hate the change. You don't know that. No one does.
    I go off what I've seen seldom few like the change that's just the vibe from Social media, reviews, ect. Not a large amount seem to love it. Now I'm not saying there aren't any that do like the change, but majority who comment on it seem to respond negatively *shrugs*

And if you call characters making out of pocket decisions that goes against what was established by other authors beforehand cohesive writing that's on you. I call it sloppy just my opinion.

What has happened that has drastically gone against what the previous writers established. beyond just moving forward from said stories? Outside of the Jor-El questions, which are universally established now as plot holes by fans of the book and non-fans alike. I get that one. But there's nothing else. Questioning the logic of Lois and Clark's decision to let Jon go also doesn't go against anything continuity-wise that would stymie the plot. That's a question of characterization, not having a plan or not. Regardless what one thinks of that, the story elements from both titles has moved fairly organically. Nothing yet to make an unbiased view look at the consent thus far and come to a conclusion that he's throwing stuff at walls willy nilly with no plan. Its obviously going somewhere.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-19-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What has happened that has drastically gone against what the previous writers established. beyond just moving forward from said stories? Outside of the Jor-El questions, which are universally established now as plot holes.
    Lets see the big 1 would probably be Clark and Lois being great parents. Parents who didn't really even like the fact that there child was hanging out with Damien Wayne. Yet for some reason they thought letting an 11 year old go out into space with a stranger they know next to nothing about was a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lets see the big 1 would probably be Clark and Lois being great parents. Parents who didn't really even like the fact that there child was hanging out with Damien Wayne. Yet for some reason they thought letting an 11 year old go out into space with a stranger they know next to nothing about was a good idea...
    That’s the plot hole. And we’re starting to get hints that the pre-Man of Steel status quo wasn’t the end of Oz effect. The fact that he ignored every one of those questions today reinforces that a ton. Along with Clark’s blind spot statement

This whole Jon thing seems to boil down to, I don't like this change b/c of how it effects Clark & Lois and Damian and not anything to do with Jon himself.

Does Jon have any of his own fans that didn't start liking him just b/c he was a Clois offspring or was friends with Damian...

Yeah, that's all what I meant by "Jor-El questions". That fields fans issues with all those things regarding his whereabouts, his state of mind, Clark and Lois's feelings about him, etc. I grant that on that one, its far more likely that he heard "Jor-El is currently alive in continuity" and just went with it. Hell I'm not even arguing against questions of characterization. I've been on record not liking the way Lois has been acting ever since she got back (though I didn't mind her logic on letting Jon go if she went with him). I've questioned Clark not being more concerned and forceful of his questions regarding Lois's said mysterious return and the state of his son (before he got back). So I'm certainly not of the opinion that everything has been absolutely pitch perfect. I'm just questioning the conclusion that from a story perspective he's just winging it. I'm just not seeing any credible evidence to support that. The story's moving and like I said, its moving fairly organically within its own framework.