Page 362 of 613 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Superman#9 by Rob Liefeld

Not the worst I’ve seen by him. Looks better than a lot of his stuff. I still don’t want him anywhere near Superman tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I know their doing that. But you would think at one time Perry would ask Clark "What Jon's been up to lately?" I'm not expecting him to show up, just acknowledgement. It would nice to see Jon have an interview as Superboy at the Daily Planet.
    The assumption seemed to be that Lois and Jon both left. Trish Q said that to Robinson in MoS #2, something along the lines that she had heard Lois took jon and left Clark. So it’s make sense that no one would mention Jon to Clark initially given the uncertainty of the situation from their perspective. The only one to even mention Lois really was Trish. Perry did once and apologized to Clark afterwards.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-22-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The assumption seemed to be that Lois and Jon both left. Trish Q said that to Robinson in MoS #2, something along the lines that she had heard Lois took jon and left Clark. So it’s make sense that no one would mention Jon to Clark initially given the uncertainty of the situation from their perspective. The only one to even mention Lois really was Trish. Perry did once and apologized to Clark afterwards.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. In AC 1002, Cat Grant tells Clark she has read some of Lois' book. Cat seems to know them personally. In AC 1005, Clark and Robinson have a conversation about Clark meeting up with Lois. You would think Jon's name would be dropped in either conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. In AC 1002, Cat Grant tells Clark she has read some of Lois' book. Cat seems to know them personally. In AC 1005, Clark and Robinson have a conversation about Clark meeting up with Lois. You would think Jon's name would be dropped in either conversation.
    I could see it in the one with Robinson had it kept going or if they have time to for a personal discussion again, because it's obvious from that conversation that Clark and Lois are good from Clark's demeanor and comments. But for Cat her comment blows up in her face immediately and she drops it. You wouldn't follow up that awkward comment with another potentially bad one. So it's not a red flag that she doesn't ask.

BANNED

The cutbbacks on DC titles have already begun, here's what we know

All-Ages/YA titles (Zoom/Ink) are safe, as are the 100 page giant format....however, the Wal-Mart exclusive line has been cancelled. 100 Page Giants will continue, but will be made available in ALL stores. The format will be unchanged. (New stories with reprinted material), the only book this affects for Bendis is his story in the Batman giant, and even then it's just a matter of distribution...if anything, this gives him more exposure.

There will also be a reduction in collected editions.

https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...54255238914049

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

however, the Wal-Mart exclusive line has been cancelled. 100 Page Giants will continue, but will be made available in ALL stores.
    Best news ever for me. Haven't been able to find neither Bendis nor King's Walmart books after issue 1.

Any idea when this change will go down?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

They didn't really clarify whether it'd be before or after the conclusions of the current stories. They did say the King and Bendis stories will be collected in trades for sale through comic shops, something everyone kinda assumed but there had been no official confirmation of that before.

BANNED

A slight correction....the 100 page giants have their amount of new material INCREASED by 48 pages

A slight correction....the 100 page giants have their amount of new material INCREASED by 48 pages
    Wait, what?

The 100 page giants, as in Bendis and King's 12 page Walmart stories, are being upped by 48 pages? Or are they saying that other stories are being added?

And does this mean they'll still be showing up at places other than Walmart?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Wait, what?

The 100 page giants, as in Bendis and King's 12 page Walmart stories, are being upped by 48 pages? Or are they saying that other stories are being added?
    Not known as of yet, I suspect the latter though

The Walmart line is ending and replaced with 100 page specials available EVERYWHERE...48 pages of new material, with the rest being classic material. No price given.
    https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...54255238914049

I wonder if the new Lois and Jimmy series will be packaged together with the King stuff in a Superman 100 page giant.

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

I suppose what they might end up doing is trying to have King and Bendis take 4 installments (12 pages every issue right?) and put those into one book to be more enticing to a seasoned reader. But doing this likely cuts the books much shorter (like 2 or 3 months now rather than a full year) than what they'd be at over in just Walmart.

Any dates given?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I wonder if the new Lois and Jimmy series will be packaged together with the King stuff in a Superman 100 page giant.
    The solicits made them seem like their own things.

BANNED

Any dates given?
    No date given yet.

Anyone see the upcoming issue's finished cover?

Edit: Also Bendis has a Word Balloon interview coming up this week.

Last edited by Superlad93; 02-24-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

I suppose what they might end up doing is trying to have King and Bendis take 4 installments (12 pages every issue right?) and put those into one book to be more enticing to a seasoned reader. But doing this likely cuts the books much shorter (like 2 or 3 months now rather than a full year) than what they'd be at over in just Walmart.

Any dates given?

The solicits made them seem like their own things.
    I talked to my shop guy who was at Comics Pro and he said they weren't clear on whether the Walmart runs will finish out the Bendis and King 12 part stories or if they are cutting it short. He said they basically were just told the Walmart exclusives were over. Sounded like a sooner rather than later thing, but again he didn't know.