Page 369 of 613 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 9194
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    People who defend age up jon can argue that this doesn't ruin the character till they are blue in the face, but the fact remains is that no one is gonna touch the kid the second conner shows up(they fill the same niche as teen superman, to say otherwise is willful arrogance).

Jon popularity is pretty much gone, so expect him to be Chris kented away(and never seen again)

Thanks bendis

17 year old Jon will be in the future with the Legion and 10.year old Jon hopefully will be back

Let's not forget CW superman and Lois are having a kid, and the YJ show Lois and Clark already has a baby Jon.

So tons of Jon, just different ages,I guess we will see which one is still around in 2 years.

SB will still be around and probably flourishing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    17 year old Jon will be in the future with the Legion and 10.year old Jon hopefully will be back

Let's not forget CW superman and Lois are having a kid, and the YJ show Lois and Clark already has a baby Jon.

So tons of Jon, just different ages,I guess we will see which one is still around in 2 years.

SB will still be around and probably flourishing
    10 year old will never come back and the Legion of superheroes are basically a form of purgatory and seperates him from Damien(a dynamic we care about, Legion of superheroes on the other hand has been in the backburner for a very good reason....they are not that interesting outside of the great darkness saga)

When the kid pulls a Chris Kent don't say we didn't warn you
    Last edited by jason white reborn; 02-28-2019 at 06:11 PM.

BANNED

DC should probably remove Bendis from the Superman titles. His name is bringing zero sales power to these books, and he's probably overpaid. They should at least remove him from one of them and relinquish his governance of Superman comics when they can. Of course, I haven't seen Bendis' contract.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-28-2019 at 06:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    DC should probably remove Bendis from the Superman titles. His name is bringing zero sales power to these books, and he's probably overpaid. They should at least remove him from one of them when they can. Of course, I haven't seen Bendis' contract.
    This guy is gonna destroy Jon first, I don't even think Jon is popular anymore on account of him.

Who is gonna fix Jon after bendis killed him essentially

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    This guy is gonna destroy Jon first, I don't even think Jon is popular anymore on account of him.

Who is gonna fix Jon after bendis killed him essentially
    I really don't mind that. I don't enjoy Superman as a dad and I don't think that kid should have ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    DC should probably remove Bendis from the Superman titles. His name is bringing zero sales power to these books, and he's probably overpaid. They should at least remove him from one of them and relinquish his governance of Superman comics when they can. Of course, I haven't seen Bendis' contract.
    Superman and Action are still selling relatively well. It was 25, 30, and 31 on the charts. If they hired Bendis without looking at his Marvel sales for the last several years and expected 80K a month it's on them. I think it's more likely the books within the range they expected and he was brought on for a lot of other reasons, like Wonder Comics, than an expectation he'd make Superman into Batman on the sales charts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Superman and Action are still selling relatively well. It was 25, 30, and 31 on the charts. If they hired Bendis without looking at his Marvel sales for the last several years and expected 80K a month it's on them. I think it's more likely the books within the range they expected and he was brought on for a lot of other reasons, like Wonder Comics, than an expectation he'd make Superman into Batman on the sales charts.
    Yes, destroying the super sons for wonder comics was totally worth it

It'd sarcasm if you are wondering

Thank you for the replies guys. I'm really mostly interested in the Superman centric stories.

There is a whole Jon Kent thread that needs this disucssion considering it's mostly a thread that is being used to talk about Super Sons (i.e another way to talk about Damian in that thread) and Clois instead of the actual character ...how about contributing to that thread.

I also want to add that I can't wait until Bendis is off the Superman books and another writer takes over b/c usually when that happens the opinions and incessant complaints from before are suddenly loved in another writers hand and the people who still hold those complaints are now drowned out.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    There is a whole Jon Kent thread that needs this disucssion considering it's mostly a thread that is being used to talk about Super Sons (i.e another way to talk about Damian in that thread) and Clois instead of the actual character ...how about contributing to that thread.

I also want to add that I can't wait until Bendis is off the Superman books and another writer takes over b/c usually when that happens the opinions and incessant complaints from before are suddenly loved in another writers hand and the people who still hold those complaints are now drowned out.

You mean a better writer for the character is on the book OK gotcha.

I think because bendis writes for trades, which means he drags out stories, then he would be better suited to have kept the twice a month schedule, that way his storytelling style would not feel like such a slow crawl.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

You do know we have been discussing the same thing in that thread right. Look! I get it. I am taking the liberty to assume that you are bendis fan. If i am wrong, i am sorry. I don't share the view that bendis needs to replaced or something. But i would like bendis to atleast to add something great to the character.So far he hasn't.two issues is more than enough sample to know whether you like something or not. I began to like kid jon with even less.
    And you have to admit the decision is controversial to say the least. Bendis himself has admitted that. This is the only place i have seen where this is even contested or debated on.in Every other place its no-brainer, people feel. Its bad decision.
    I don't think another writer would have enough sway to take a decision like this. At worst he wouldn't know how to write Jon or superman . At best we will get a good follow up run with this status quo or rebirth one. My complaints have nothing to do with Bendis personally. Only his creative decisions and treatment of certain characters like jon, clark and lois.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-28-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You do know we have been discussing the same thing in that thread right. Look! I get it. I am taking the liberty to assume that you are bendis fan. If i am wrong, i am sorry. I don't share the view that bendis needs to replaced or something. But i would like bendis to atleast to add something great to the character.So far he hasn't.two issues is more than enough sample to know whether you like something or not. I began to like kid jon with even less.
    And you have to admit the decision is controversial to say the least. Bendis himself has admitted that. This is the only place i have seen where this is even contested or debated on.in Every other place its no-brainer, people feel. Its bad decision.
    I don't think another writer would have enough sway to take a decision like this. At worst he wouldn't know how to write Jon or superman . At best we will get a good follow up run with this status quo or rebirth one. My complaints have nothing to do with Bendis personally. Only his creative decisions and treatment of certain characters like jon, clark and lois.

It's called some here don't like what your talking about or how you are talking about it and take it on themselves to try to take your right to have your opinion and shut it down. It's called censorship, we already seen this earlier with the heroes in crisis/superman thread. Guy who likes the book and king came in saw that ppl were complaining so he made it his job to 1st call everyone out for being negative, then got the moderator to shut it down, this thread will be next. This is how the few can control the many.

BANNED

Bendis is still committed to writing an X-Men movie, penning "143" directed by Tim Miller

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...lusive-a166819

BANNED

Marc Andreyko has been replaced on the Levitation Rising special by an artist called, I **** you not, PEZ BANANA

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...nt-pez-banana/

As a Superman fan since the age of eight (and that was 34 years ago) I like what Bendis is doing. Yes, I want Jon de aged, but let’s give it Time. Loving Bendis on Action.