Page 380 of 613 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 9194

So, much to dig in, even if it is simply a vision or dream or some other imagined sequence.

Jimmy and his family, the Bat characters, Superdaughter, Doom Patrol, the Legion attacking on World Peace Day long before they’re even supposed to exist?!

What could it all mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo.....hold up....

Is that GATES from the Legion of Superheroes on the far left of the screen in the shadowy group on the last page of the preview????

Now that I think about it....is that shadowy group the f#%king LEGION OF SUPERHEROES??!!

YO, now I'm seeing Bouncing Boy just above Zod's right arm. IT'S THE FREAKIN LEGION!!!! GET HYPE!!!!

Edit: Holy crap, I think Jon's metal arm is less of a story beat for him, but rather a deliberate hint at Lightning Lad (and also likely hinting at Jon working with the Legion in some capacity)? That's so freakin slick lol

Edit 2: Just under what I can only assume is Lightning Lad (his lightning crackling and arcing between his hands as the only fully colored thing among the shadows) is what seems to be Chameleon Boy partially transformed into some sort of tentacled monster (you can see his signature antenna).

I also just noticed that it's a blast from the figure that is more than likely Lightning Lad that blows up Jon's arm giving me more reason to think the arm is supposed to be a callback to him in a symbolic sort of way.
    Looks like Bloc and maybe even Mon El in there to above Gates. The shadows look a little like the circle cape clasps he wore for a while. But yeah, that is definitely Bouncing Boy. Without question!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    When I read through it the first time I thought it was just a black blob, lol. That's definitely silhouettes of the Legion though. Who the heck knows, maybe Zod and Superman aren't just having dreams here. I mean, as with anything when it pertains to the future, it could change at the drop of the hat with new creative teams but it definitely makes me wonder now what the intent is as of right now.
    I'm pretty skeptical on the idea that these are actual futures. I mean, over in Zod's vision Jon is an 11 year old. It stands to reason that to Zod, at the time, that would be the only image he had of the kid.

That said, I'm now wondering the source of the visions/dreams, ya know? Zod said it was from the stuff he was drinking, but what are the odds that Superman is drinking the same? And what are the odds that they're having such similar (yet inconsistent) dreams without being related? And the Legion comes in and attacks in each dream right when the Houses of El and Zod are about to come together.

I think it might actually be Saturn Girl or a similar telepath influencing them. Maybe the House of El and Zod coming together leads to something awful down the line, and they're trying to stop it using this symbolic attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Looks like Bloc and maybe even Mon El in there to above Gates. The shadows look a little like the circle cape clasps he wore for a while. But yeah, that is definitely Bouncing Boy. Without question!
    Just looked back at Zod's dream and I can see what looks like Colossal boy leading the pack, and I see Ursa and Lor-Zod hit with what is clearly lightning yet again.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Maybe the Legion attacking in these visions is just symbolic, perhaps trying to show these two that whatever alliance they form in this storyline and what they hope to achieve isn't the right thing to do. Maybe the current path is not the way the United Planets starts, and it shouldn't happen this way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Just FYI, I sadly will not be @eccc or @wondercon so don’t bring anything for me to sign in the hopes that I might show up. I know I’ve done that in the past. But I won’t this time. I’m staying home and writing.... the future!
    https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...163307008?s=21

Now he’s just being cute.

Clearly that future vision is some kind of fake. You see that handlebar, 70's era biker 'stache on Nightwing?

No way my man Grayson tries to rock a face mullet that horrible.

Fake future is obviously fake.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Clearly that future vision is some kind of fake. You see that handlebar, 70's era biker 'stache on Nightwing?

Ric would definitely rock that though.

It may be Damian that's rocking the goofy handlebars. Dick could be in 2nd Batsuit.

Incredible Member

IDK man, it seems like something I could see on Ric's face.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm most interested in where these visions are coming from. The most fascinating part is that the Legion coming in every time Clark and Zod decide think about the idea of joining their houses. There's obviously something there symbolically. I'm also wondering if the visions are exclusive to Clark and Zod?

I also wonder if this vision works as a hazy call to action for Clark similar to how it inspired Zod to seek out Clark in issue 5? Is the nagging and alluring of the idea of a world where all can enjoy world peace what has Clark take the chance of being Earth's rep on the galactic state? Jugging by how Zod reacted, I'd say there's a good chance of Clark doing the same in his own way.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I spy Selina and her 90s purple jumpsuit

I'd like to see Reis do full-interior art, instead of like 3 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I spy Selina and her 90s purple jumpsuit
    I also think that Jimmy Olsen is with Talia. I may be wrong, but tanned skin, long brown hair and all that, plus the hints that he slept with him in Action Comics... I really can't help it !

Also, I'm a little sad that Power Girl is exiled so far away from the rest of the House of El, next to Elongated Girl (I think).

I also wonder if the kid next to Selina and Batman is Aion (the son of Bruce and Selina, seen in Damian's nightmares before the Bat-Cat wedding).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I also think that Jimmy Olsen is with Talia. I may be wrong, but tanned skin, long brown hair and all that, plus the hints that he slept with him in Action Comics... I really can't help it !
    Oh good, so it's not just me. Bendis and his crack pairings! At least there's in-story precedent for it, makes me wonder if she'll be part of Jimmy's supporting cast in the ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    IDK man, it seems like something I could see on Ric's face.
    That name should never be mentioned in polite company.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.