Page 386 of 613 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 9194
    Spectacular Member

Do you think other books will tie into Leviathan or will it be just Action Comics? If it is just AC, i wonder why they didn't decide to just double ship it for month with two artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Unfortunately it's probably just a flashback(or that the league story takes place before bendis's arc), but if by some chance DC decided to respond this quickly to the negative reaction by telling Snyder that on the way home from his current time travel story to stop by earth three and pick up Jon as an ad-hoc fix, I'd be all for it as I absolutely do not like Jon being aged up, and don't care whether it would undermine Bendis's story or not. They probably wouldn't be derailing bendis run too much, so older Jon would likely survive as an alternate timeline version and we'd have the two Jons coexist. Jon's secret Id and status Superman's son would also probably be revealed. Jon was said to be with Perry during Doomsday clock right? If everything still takes place before doomsday clock, Maybe Lois and Clark could arrange for the younger Jon to have fake secret ID being taken care of by perry until they can figure something out? All this is probably just wishful thinking.
    Its probably just going to be established this is set before Bendis's stuff. Its the simplest answer and the simplest answer is usually the right one. No chance any of the other stuff happens. Older Jon is vital to what's going on Superman, and even if DC did decide to pull a New Krypton and force a quick reset, it would happen in Superman's titles, not in JL.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Given the involvement of the World Forger, Mxy, and everything else going on in that story with the evil alt-old Superman, I think it could also be some sort of dream or temptation.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Jon was said to be with Perry during Doomsday clock right?
    They didn't say that. All Lois and Clark did was say that Perry was Jon's godfather, and that's something long since established.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its probably just going to be established this is set before Bendis's stuff. Its the simplest answer and the simplest answer is usually the right one. No chance any of the other stuff happens. Older Jon is vital to what's going on Superman, and even if DC did decide to pull a New Krypton and force a quick reset, it would happen in Superman's titles, not in JL.
    Well, I was imagining a side scenario where we had the two Jons coexisting but the younger one is effectively sidelined, and Bendis could pretend he doesn't exist while dealing with the older Jon. The older one would continue to exist and Clark and Lois would have to work things out with him while the younger one would be grounded or choose to take a break from superheroing following his rescue. I acknowledged it would have to be a ad-hoc emergency fix in this scenario, basically the result of DC hitting the panic button before looking the reset. And I don't sales have fallen enough to generate that kind of response. I also said it was wishful thinking. I know realistically I'm more than likely out for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    They didn't say that. All Lois and Clark did was say that Perry was Jon's godfather, and that's something long since established.
    Yeah wasn't able to remember correctly probably because I was still waking up like 6 in the morning.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound overly aggressive stomping down your ideas.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...91901334052866

New Bendis Tapes. Superman stuff is around the 00:45:00 mark. Not too much new information. A lot of talk about the responses and reasoning to Jon's age up. Interestingly, he acknowledges the response seems like 50/50 positive/negative. But insists he respects the character and what came before and wants to tell a new story that respects the character but does something new and different. Talks about it being a trial by fire and a statement on how good Clark and Lois raised him. Describes the fight with the CSA's Lois as brutal and that Jon has a funny reaction to it since he's fighting a version of his mom. He refers to Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book as if you wanted Hawkeye at DC but with Jimmy Olsen. A little very general talk about the Lois Lane book. He talks about Jor El a little and makes it sound like Clark let them go due to the blind spot he has for his father, like some people have with their family.

Superlad, he does basically confirms he worked out his Superman run with Rucka and Fraction while he was recuperating with the idea to bring them in to work on those books eventually.

Young Justice won't be coming right back to the DCU proper after the Gem World arc. They apparently will be hopping around the multiverse.

More hints about Leviathan, he describes it as an "anti-event" in a way, akin to a bottle episode with all the detectives in the DCU geared to solving the mystery. It's a thriller or mystery akin to Murder on the Orient Express or Sleuth. The event (or at least the first issue) stars Lois in her capacity as an investigator, the Question, Batman, Green Arrow, Steve Trevor, Plastic Man. It will pull in Manhunter and a few others he can't name yet. The organizations being taken down are gone for the time being. Specifically, he says the DEO is done and not coming back. Bendis says Lois is a huge part of the event. Leviathan is both a character and an organization that will build off of the way Leviathan has been portrayed in the past.

There's a funny bit on the Superman/Chaz transformation he says there was a good natured argument in the editorial office as to whether or not Superman had a power that let him grow the beard and curl his hair. Bendis wanted it to be a power, but he says he lost that fight so they compromised on it being Kryptonian tech.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-27-2019 at 08:37 PM.

I wonder if the endgame for Leviathan Bendis and DC have in mind is that ARGUS basically takes on all of those other agencies roles to become the SHIELD organization for DC with Waller as its Nick Fury? I think that would be cool honestly. Plastic Man is an odd choice, is he a detective? I thought he was just a petty crook turned hero. Cool to see Bendis using Trevor though, I prefer Trevor’s ties to ARGUS being used.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-27-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if the endgame for Leviathan Bendis and DC have in mind is that ARGUS basically takes on all of those other agencies roles to become the SHIELD organization for DC with Waller as its Nick Fury? I think that would be cool honestly. Plastic Man is an odd choice, is he a detective? I thought he was just a petty crook turned hero. Cool to see Bendis using trevor though, I prefer Trevor’s ties to ARGUS being used.
    Plastic Man was a PI for a while at some point wasn't he? He may have just been overgeneralizing the character grouping, because he probably said it was a thriller and not a big bombastic event like 5 times. Green Arrow and Steve Trevor aren't detectives either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...91901334052866

New Bendis Tapes. Superman stuff is around the 00:45:00 mark. Not too much new information. A lot of talk about the responses and reasoning to Jon's age up. Interestingly, he acknowledges the response seems like 50/50 positive/negative. But insists he respects the character and what came before and wants to tell a new story that respects the character but does something new and different. Talks about it being a trial by fire and a statement on how good Clark and Lois raised him. Describes the fight with the CSA's Lois as brutal and that Jon has a funny reaction to it since he's fighting a version of his mom. He refers to Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book as if you wanted Hawkeye at DC but with Jimmy Olsen. A little very general talk about the Lois Lane book. He talks about Jor El a little and makes it sound like Clark let them go due to the blind spot he has for his father, like some people have with their family.
    Except, its NOT "new and different". "New and different" would be to have characters NOT be aged up a bunch of years or NOT be the same age forever. Chris Kent was aged up, and then faded away. New and different would be to continue Jon on the path he was on. Not make yet another teen hero. Especially with Connor back at the same age.

Listening now. John just said that the “Legion is my ****.” Bendis replied, “we’re gonna have some fun conversations soon - hypothetically.”

Ugh that interview pretty much confirmed that the only explanation for Clark and Lois trusting Jor-El is going to be “What? Haven’t you ever had a blind spot for family?”
    I just can’t suspend my disbelief on this one. It’s just not nearly good enough given the context. It’s just plot induced stupidity to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, its NOT "new and different". "New and different" would be to have characters NOT be aged up a bunch of years or NOT be the same age forever. Chris Kent was aged up, and then faded away. New and different would be to continue Jon on the path he was on. Not make yet another teen hero. Especially with Connor back at the same age.
    He meant it in the context of not just telling the same type of stories that the previous creators had. He acknowledged it’s the thing he’s done that pissed the most people off, but says they feel they have good stories to tell with it so it’s where they are going for now. He also says explicitly that if people want young Jon stories they can get that in Super Sons, but also that you’re going to get Jon and Damian together again in this new configuration.

He knows it’s not super popular. I mean how often does any creator acknowledge half the people reading hate an idea. He’s apparently sticking with it though because he feels they have good tales to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Ugh that interview pretty much confirmed that the only explanation for Clark and Lois trusting Jor-El is going to be “What? Haven’t you ever had a blind spot for family?”
    I just can’t suspend my disbelief on this one. It’s just not nearly good enough given the context. It’s just plot induced stupidity to the max.

I caught that too. It doesn’t close the door on explaining why Jor El was out and about, just softens the reasoning why Clark trusts him. I still think the Manhattan connection will be explained more.

I think Johns is the one who will end up taking on LoSH. He and Bendis are friends right? Also JSA is apparently going to show up in JL based on an interview Snyder had with AIPT Podcast so I expect the former off limits teams to start making a comeback.