Page 402 of 613 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    from the Newsarama interview:

"Bendis also addressed recent developments for Jon Kent, who returned from space in Superman aged up to about 17, sparking more than a little online fan controversy.

“There's a story being told that we think will be additive to that thing you liked about (Jon), a big one,” says Bendis. ”And we haven't gone to the big reveals yet, but we're getting there. By the end of the Unity Saga, Jon’s purpose will be fully revealed.” "

Guessing this is literally what most of us are thinking and Jon goes to the legion. We already know he won't be de aging anytime soon since Bendis has a story with teen Jon and damian(which also means Jon will still be on Earth regardless of what status quo change happens in the unity saga.)
    This will also probably result in him being written out of Action and Superman, at least on the reg. Which will make me extremely happy and royally piss off others.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jon already hasn’t shown up in Action. Him joining the LoSH sounds fun, but I still don’t get why he has to be freaking 17. That’s way too old, he could be 13 and still fit in fine. I also hope Bendis isn’t the writer for LoSH because he’s already stretched thin. I don’t know, I’m getting nervous here.

And in one of those panels, we see why Bendis killed off Super Sons. He can't write Damian at all. Keep him away from anymore child characters!

A "well written" Damian by today's standards results in Bat God 2.0. So I'm all for anyone not writing him what's considered well at this point. Maybe I could learn to like him again.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-30-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    A "well written" Damian by today's standards results in Bat God 2.0. So I'm all for anyone not writing him what's considered well at this point. Maybe I could learn to like him again.
    Eh I don’t agree with that. Over in Teen Titans Damian’s flaws are on display but he’s still shown to be a competent combatant. He’s never shown the hyper-competency that Batman has.

I’m guessing Naomi and Jon will be joining the LoSH together.

Correction, a well written Damian results in a parody of Bat God.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Correction, a well written Damian results in a parody of Bat God.
    Which is exactly what we got in Super Sons and it was amazing.

"Bendis also addressed recent developments for Jon Kent, who returned from space in Superman aged up to about 17, sparking more than a little online fan controversy.

“There's a story being told that we think will be additive to that thing you liked about (Jon), a big one,” says Bendis. ”And we haven't gone to the big reveals yet, but we're getting there. By the end of the Unity Saga, Jon’s purpose will be fully revealed.” "

Guessing this is literally what most of us are thinking and Jon goes to the legion. We already know he won't be de aging anytime soon since Bendis has a story with teen Jon and damian(which also means Jon will still be on Earth regardless of what status quo change happens in the unity saga.)
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't have any idea what people like about Jon. And frankly, if Legion is the endgame, that's severely disappointing. Jon doesn't need the Legion. That was Clark's thing. Jon isn't Clark. He's his own person and he had his own thing going for him that was effectively ended when Bendis took over the title.

The frustrating thing is that Bendis keeps hyping up what's happening with Jon, and each new development is met with a range of "meh" to "when's he going to be 10 again?" Yet he keeps trying to push this narrative that Jon fans are going to be happy in the end. It feels like that's going to be his line forever.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Well yeah lol, writers don’t usually say “Yeah my idea was ******* stupid and I sure was a moron for doing it”. He’s going to keep hyping it up until he either decides to undo the age up or DC does. And the LoSH has been a place for other members of the Superfamily before, such as Kon and Kara. So there is a precedent, but I agree I think aging Jon up so drastically was a mistake. But whenever I get too upset I just remember what happened with the O5 X-Men. And there’s always Mxy around to pull another Reborn.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well yeah lol, writers don’t usually say “Yeah my idea was ******* stupid and I sure was a moron for doing it”. He’s going to keep hyping it up until he either decides to undo the age up or DC does. And the LoSH has been a place for other members of the Superfamily before, such as Kon and Kara. So there is a precedent, but I agree I think aging Jon up so drastically was a mistake. But whenever I get too upset I just remember what happened with the O5 X-Men. And there’s always Mxy around to pull another Reborn.
    They don't usually, but it's wonderfully satisfying when writers do own their mistakes. But you're right, I don't expect Bendis to stop hyping it. I just feel the need to voice my frustration at said hype, since they isn't much else I can do about it.

And yeah, Connor and Kara have spent time with the legion, but I still reject the idea that this is a Super family right of passage that has to happen. Jon was perfectly fine where he was. That was the place were his fans liked him. It doesn't need to change for the sake of change.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't have any idea what people like about Jon. And frankly, if Legion is the endgame, that's severely disappointing. Jon doesn't need the Legion. That was Clark's thing. Jon isn't Clark. He's his own person and he had his own thing going for him that was effectively ended when Bendis took over the title.

The frustrating thing is that Bendis keeps hyping up what's happening with Jon, and each new development is met with a range of "meh" to "when's he going to be 10 again?" Yet he keeps trying to push this narrative that Jon fans are going to be happy in the end. It feels like that's going to be his line forever.
    I don't think Bendis cares why people liked Jon. His repeated "things will be fine!" line is just trying to keep people buying the books. It isn't working, not that that matters.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really hyped for this. Jon's gonna be a little slower to come to it, but just like his mom, uncle Jimmy, and his dad, Jon's getting a level of autonomy in the form of a purpose all his own.

I can't wait to continue reading Jon's journey towards his purpose in the Unity Saga. As Bendis said in his Den of Geek interview "Jon is in every single issue."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's not even remotely what I was saying. I'm talking personality and the little ticks that differentiate characters from one another. Rather than Damian, the character Bendis wrote came off more like Tim than anything.

I'm not saying Damian is an easy character to write, as there's a fine line when it comes to writing him. But when fanfic authors have a better grasp if writing Damian than Bendis does, that's a problem. And Damian isn't even the first Bendis has whiffed on in terms of characterization.

Fantastic Member

Bendis didn’t have Damian day “TT” or have him demean the person he was talking to! How can he get him so wrong?!

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Bendis didn’t have Damian day “TT” or have him demean the person he was talking to! How can he get him so wrong?!
    Ah, yes. Sarcasm. And not very good sarcasm either. Thank you for showing your pettiness and lack of understanding defining character traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That's not even remotely what I was saying. I'm talking personality and the little ticks that differentiate characters from one another. Rather than Damian, the character Bendis wrote came off more like Tim than anything.

I'm not saying Damian is an easy character to write, as there's a fine line when it comes to writing him. But when fanfic authors have a better grasp if writing Damian than Bendis does, that's a problem. And Damian isn't even the first Bendis has whiffed on in terms of characterization.
    I wasn't even particularly challenging what you were saying in the first place. In fact I was agreeing, it did sound off. I was just quipping that off in this case is hard for me to criticisze because I can't stand him as he is. But quipping aside it is off.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-30-2019 at 11:37 PM.