Page 404 of 613 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, all the time.
    There you go then, just carrying on tradition. But in modern times it’s not something I’ve ever experienced, I wonder why that is? I remember reading that speech in the USA is becoming more homogenous, regional dialects are dying out. Wonder if they’ll ever abandon the usage of it in the Superbooks?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Worth noting given Earth 3's involvement in Superman and that we know Val-Zod's going to show up down the line that Bendis mentions he was "completely blown away and charmed" by Multiversity.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do Hispanics call their parents that in your experience? I had a heavy Hispanic population where I grew up and most of them called their parents Mom and Dad too. A few called them Mama and Papa but never Ma and Pa in my experience. Of course most of them werenÂ’t very good at Spanish either lol.
    I'm Hispanic and I think most if not all of my cousins do too. The weird thing is that one or two of my cousins who really don't speak Spanish very well call their parents mom and dad. I should also point out that I only call my parents "ma" & "pa" in private or when near family, but with strangers I refer to them as my "mom" or "dad". It's kinda weird like that

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Worth noting given Earth 3's involvement in Superman and that we know Val-Zod's going to show up down the line that Bendis mentions he was "completely blown away and charmed" by Multiversity.
    I really hope Justice Incarnate and Calvin Ellis show up somewhere down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    I'm Hispanic and I think most if not all of my cousins do too. The weird thing is that one or two of my cousins who really don't speak Spanish very well call their parents mom and dad. I should also point out that I only call my parents "ma" & "pa" in private or when near family, but with strangers I refer to them as my "mom" or "dad". It's kinda weird like that
    Interesting thanks for sharing.

BANNED

...Patrick Gleason has jumped to Marvel, he will take over as an artist on Spider-Man this summer

https://twitter.com/comicsnowcast/st...773079553?s=21
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-05-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Now, that's something I hadn't seen coming at all. That's a net loss for DC.

And for Bendis, who had him drawing two of his books - Action Comics and Young Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DC gets Marquez and Cheung, Marvel gets Gleason. If Marvel gets another longtime DC guy, then everything will be perfectly balanced as all things should.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Patrick Gleason has jumped to Marvel, he will take over as an artist on Spider-Man this summer

https://twitter.com/comicsnowcast/st...773079553?s=21
    ASM is doubleshipping and Gleason has trouble keeping up with that. Superman Rebirth for example really burnt him out with the doubleshipping schedule apparently. Hope he can stay health on Spidey, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited while it is sad to see him go. Marquez for Gleason it looks like.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

ASM is doubleshipping and Gleason has trouble keeping up with that. Superman Rebirth for example really burnt him out with the doubleshipping schedule apparently. Hope he can stay health on Spidey, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited while it is sad to see him go. Marquez for Gleason it looks like.
    Not too sad about it, his take on Marvel characters look great.

It’ll be him and Ottley on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    It’ll be him and Ottley on the book.
    Yeah, hopefully the rotating artists helps as far as burnout, although weren't he and Mahnke originally the rotating artists for Rebirth?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, hopefully the rotating artists helps as far as burnout, although weren't he and Mahnke originally the rotating artists for Rebirth?
    It was him, Mahnke, and Jorge Jimenez.

This does suck for DC. I'm trying not to blame Bendis, but I find myself doing so anyway.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It was him, Mahnke, and Jorge Jimenez.

This does suck for DC. I'm trying not to blame Bendis, but I find myself doing so anyway.
    I really don't think it's something to blame Bendis for. Gleason probably just wanted new opportunities after how long he's been at DC.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Eh, it will have to be a problem for YJ. But good for him, drawing that brown and tan Wolverine would have my money.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES