Page 405 of 613 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9194

Considering the artists DC are gaining, its not as big a loss as it otherwise would have been before. But still, good get for Marvel. Was a fan of his Superman visually if not so much his and Mahnke's creative ideas.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really don't think it's something to blame Bendis for. Gleason probably just wanted new opportunities after how long he's been at DC.
    He and Tomasi had an 100-issue plan for Superman. I doubt he would have left now if the two of them were still on the title.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Probably not, but such is the way of things. Doors close and open all the time. I get being miffed, I was the same way when Rebirth happened and Pak and Kuder left for Marvel. Nature of the beast though unfortunately.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-05-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Probably not, but such is the way of things. Doors close and open all the time. I get being miffed, I was the same way when Rebirth happened and Pak and Kuder left for Marvel. Nature of the beast though unfortunately.
    Oh, I have no illusions that this is a purely emotional reaction and this is the business. Still...
    Currently Reading:

Oh I get it, didn't mean to sound like I was lecturing or anything, just generally musing.

Gleason has been at DC for what now, around 10 years? And this is Spider-Man we’re talking about. Maybe he would’ve stayed if he and Tomasi had been on the Superbooks still but I don’t know. Bendis and Gleason were co-plotting YJ together and Gleason has been begging to do YJ for a long time. Teen Lantern was a Gleason creation according to his Twitter, and we know Bendis works well with his artists. All that and he still jumped and I think that it comes down to Gleason wanting to make a change the same way Bendis and Marquez decided to make a change.

I think if they were still on the books Gleason still would’ve hopped over. He gets to work on Spider-Man and he probably got a bunch of sweet benefits out of Marvel in order to make the jump. I’m sad to see him go, God do I wish we could’ve gotten a Parasite arc out of Gleason, he makes Parasite look scary instead of pathetic like most artists, but I am excited to see what he does.

Gleason is exclusive as a writer and artist, so I’m glad Marvel won’t be wasting his talents.

I love Tomasi and Gleason. I wouldn’t be excited about this move if I didn’t like Gleason and Tomasi is an incredible talent, but DC really screwed the pooch by not giving Superman over to Pak and Kuder.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Gleason is exclusive as a writer and artist, so I’m glad Marvel won’t be wasting his talents.

I love Tomasi and Gleason. I wouldn’t be excited about this move if I didn’t like Gleason and Tomasi is an incredible talent, but DC really screwed the pooch by not giving Superman over to Pak and Kuder.
    Even though I’m not really a fan of Pak’s run (not for any story reasons I just didn’t find it that great), the way editorial screwed over all the New 52 Superwriters was atrocious. Yang did great during the Rebirth era after his mediocre Superman run and I suspect it might be a similar case with Pak if he could ever get another chance.

Mighty Member

Oh I get it, didn't mean to sound like I was lecturing or anything, just generally musing.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis and Gleason were co-plotting YJ together
    I don't think that's right. At least Gleason wasn't credited as a co-plotter. Not like he was on Superman.
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Fair enough.

I don't think that's right. At least Gleason wasn't credited as a co-plotter. Not like he was on Superman.
    I don’t remember the specifics but Bendis and Gleason talked about how the current YJ book was basically a combination of Bendis’ and Gleason’s pitches.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t remember the specifics but Bendis and Gleason talked about how the current YJ book was basically a combination of Bendis’ and Gleason’s pitches.
    Not really the same thing though. Just would mean Bendis took Gleason's ideas and used them. Gleason wouldn't have contributed to the script or had a say in what the actual plot was like he would have previously.
    Currently Reading:

BANNED

Anyone else notice that those that are defending bendis are the same people who dislike Jon and the marriage and have a vested interest in both of those things going into limbo

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I must be some kinda freak then, because I've loved Jon as both a character and idea since Tomasi and Gleason's Superman issue 1, I'm a big fan of the marriage of Lois and Clark/Superman, and I'm overall digging the hell out of Bendis' Superman and Action Comics run.

*insert dramatic anime close up here* "gasp, how in the world can one being like multiple interpretations of the same idea without exploding!!"

Wonder what my power level is??
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-06-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Anyone else notice that those that are defending bendis are the same people who dislike Jon and the marriage and have a vested interest in both of those things going into limbo
    I'm a fan of the books and I've been a SuperFam fan since the engagement.

I don't really like where Bendis is going with Jon, but he has maintained consistency with his character and also retained Lois and Clark's closeness without making it too mushy. I like the distinct tones of both books (though I think I'm preferring Superman's "wham, bam" approach more to the colder street drama of AC), some people critical of both Jon and the marriage are finding the changes more to their liking and those elements making for more of a satisfying read, and it's often better to have them partially on your side than totally against it.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-06-2019 at 12:31 PM.

I loved the Rebirth era Superbooks, got me back into the Superbooks consistently since like 2012 or so, I have a few pages of Pat Gleason original art from Superman with Jon and the Superfamily, and loved Super Sons as well. Super Sons got my own son into comics now. So while I have some issues with the execution of the stories in Action and Superman, overall I'm still enjoying the books. I'd be pretty pissed actually if the marriage or Jon went away. I think Bendis is handling Lois & Clark better than Jon at the moment, but that's mainly because I think the flashback arc was kinda rushed. I'd actually really like to see Jon's adventures on Earth 3 and with Jor El fleshed out.