Page 410 of 613 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    It could be!! I still think Bendis and Didio want to end Superman marriage to Lois!! This could be the first step in their plan to destroy superman marriage!! Lois Betraying Superman by working with Luthor and accepting some sort of box that give her powers!!
    You can think that as much as you want, but the marriage won’t be ending under bendis

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You can think that as much as you want, but the marriage won’t be ending under bendis
    Yeah. Its changing shape, but it's not going anywhere. I don't get the continued insistence that there's this vast web of lies meant to lull us into complacency before destroying the marriage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah. Its changing shape, but it's not going anywhere. I don't get the continued insistence that there's this vast web of lies meant to lull us into complacency before destroying the marriage.
    I would agree, all I worry about is how people perceive Lois making these kind of decisions, even if they come up with perfectly justified ones that are for the good of her family.

The Action Comics cover is incredible. Is that Lex on the Superman cover? I haven't read Year of the Villain #1 yet, didn't get around to it, but I did hear something happened to him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Action Comics cover is incredible. Is that Lex on the Superman cover? I haven't read Year of the Villain #1 yet, didn't get around to it, but I did hear something happened to him.
    I mistook Lex for DeSadd on the Action Cover.

And yeah, this is Lex's new body. He blew himself and Lexcorp up in Year of the Villain and Perpetua rebuilt him with a new form.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I would agree, all I worry about is how people perceive Lois making these kind of decisions, even if they come up with perfectly justified ones that are for the good of her family.
    Batman literally attempted to kill Superman in the last issue of JL, sided with the World Forger, and has now donned some future armor to battle the remaining JL. It's all a feint, but no one actually thinks Batman is EVIL now. Because it's obviously not where the story is going. The people who would hold it against Lois were not going to be convinced to like Lois by a different approach.

Fantastic Member

Batman literally attempted to kill Superman in the last issue of JL, sided with the World Forger, and has now donned some future armor to battle the remaining JL. It's all a feint, but no one actually thinks Batman is EVIL now. Because it's obviously not where the story is going. The people who would hold it against Lois were not going to be convinced to like Lois by a different approach.
    We will see!! I will be shocked if Lois and Superman are still marry at the end of Bendis run!!

I mistook Lex for DeSadd on the Action Cover.

And yeah, this is Lex's new body. He blew himself and Lexcorp up in Year of the Villain and Perpetua rebuilt him with a new form.
    Ahh I see, thank ya.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

We will see!! I will be shocked if Lois and Superman are still marry at the end of Bendis run!!
    You should be more shocked Lois is still in the books at all. Didio wanted her put on a bus while Jurgens and Tomasi were still writing the books, Bendis spared her.

The box is probably symbolic, and I still lean toward Lex's offer as having something to do with wiping out Jor-El and his impact on their lives since his arrival.

BANNED

The box is probably symbolic, and I still lean toward Lex's offer as having something to do with wiping out Jor-El and his impact on their lives since his arrival.
    That's a good idea. Lex could be preying on Lois's vulnerability as a mother as she even told Jon she's not coping very well with losing his childhood years despite a strong front

Fantastic Member

You should be more shocked Lois is still in the books at all. Didio wanted her put on a bus while Jurgens and Tomasi were still writing the books, Bendis spared her.
    REALLY???? You must be an insider!! How can you know that for sure?? That Bendis spared Lois!! I do believe Didio does want Lois and their son gone!! Didio doesn't believe Superheroes shouldn't have wives or Kids!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 05-15-2019 at 02:11 PM.

REALLY???? You must be an insider!! How can you know that for sure?? That Bendis spared Lois!!
    Didio said it during a panel with Bendis and Frank Miller. There was a plan to keep Lois out of the books entirely for an extended period of time that Bendis shelved to have her come back. He's been setting up her solo book for Rucka since before he came on board. Rucka, Fraction, and Bendis have all said they more or less talked about his Superman plans and Rucka coming onto write Lois Lane and Fraction Jimmy Olsen while Bendis was hospitalized in 2017. There's various interviews from all three that touch on it.

I'm leaning toward Luthor offering her power to basically become his "queen" or whatever. The Lois/Luthor dating thing is back in continuity, so it's possible his obsession/infatuation of her is as well. It'd fit that now that he's Apex Lex he'd think she'd want him. He'd likely think her attraction to Superman was based on his being superhuman. So now he is as well, and can offer her the same power.

If the Lois/Superman affair thing is in play by that point, and it should be, it's possible he'd give her a "reset." Though it doesn't sound like his offers work like that. More along the lines of them becoming more powerful versions of themselves.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm leaning toward Luthor offering her power to basically become his "queen" or whatever. The Lois/Luthor dating thing is back in continuity, so it's possible his obsession/infatuation of her is as well. It'd fit that now that he's Apex Lex he'd think she'd want him. He'd likely think her attraction to Superman was based on his being superhuman. So now he is as well, and can offer her the same power.

If the Lois/Superman affair thing is in play by that point, and it should be, it's possible he'd give her a "reset." Though it doesn't sound like his offers work like that. More along the lines of them becoming more powerful versions of themselves.
    That sounds familiar, but could you refresh my memory as to when it was referenced that they used to date? Never really cared for the idea since it does lend a bit of credence to the "Lois digs power" thing, but I've always had to rationalize it as she was fooled for a short while that Lex was everything he claimed to be until she knew better.