Page 412 of 613 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

And of course in the Red Son universe, Lex and Lois are married, and in fact they are the US President and First Lady. I wonder whether they would similarly have wound up married in Earth 1 and/or Earth 2, had Lois never met Supes in those universes either.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Just to correct my typo. The Luthor meeting was in 1003, the comment from the mayor was in 1006.

Yeah, I definitely understand that. I see plenty of people on Twitter, etc. that will use that against Lois, but honestly those same people use her to argue against everything they see as wrong with Superman, and it's not connected to any reality. People took the recent preview of this weeks JL issue to comment against Lois. So there's no winning with that and writers shouldn't shy away from interesting stories to try for some unreachable sweet spot. It's like using Injustice to say Superman and Lois are toxic. It's not a good faith argument. I was really annoyed initially with the idea of Lois "cheating" on Clark with Superman being a story point. Particularly where it seemed like it was just going to be a punchline used to hit Clark at her expense. Bendis I think was trying to use it to show that these are people who are in the wrong, but his writing has a tendency to still make the "bad" people in the story witty and funny, so it doesn't land like he wants it to. So while I'm still not 100% on board with it, I am far more comfortable knowing Rucka is going to be the one really exploring that angle. Though I think Bendis is genuinely trying to raise Lois' profile like he did with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Spider-Woman. Lois really hits a sweet spot in his work, kind of a refined evolution of Deana Pilgrim and Jessica Jones, that I really expected him to knock her out of the park. And I do think he's improving a lot with her.

All that said, I am in agreement with your and ascended, and titansupes takes on Lois type. I don't have an issue with her having dated Luthor in the past. I never had the impression that it was a serious thing, like you say I think she'd see right through Luthor pretty quickly. I've long wanted a Lois Lane "Year One" type story where she's off as like a foreign correspondent or something, and then her early years in Metropolis. I'm still holding out hope for Rucka's Black Label Lois Lane book.

Add on the whole Grodd voice bit to!
    Was it 1006? I can't recall. I do remember some off-hand comment about that now that you brought it up. I think it came up a lot in that week's thread as well, but I digress.

I would love a Lois Lane Year One book. Maybe if the upcoming maxi does well we may see one!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I would love a Lois Lane Year One book. Maybe if the upcoming maxi does well we may see one!
    That would be great! While it would be cool to do it set in the modern sliding timeline, I think it would be even more interesting to set it in the late 1930s before Lois & Clark first meet. With all of the historical events and political tensions of the time, along with the sexism and misogyny, it would be an excellent time period to show who Lois Lane is and why she is so awesome.

Preview for the Superman Leviathan Special coming at the end of the month:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ta...GSS-05-10aaa0b

I like it. Arts great, nice Lois & Clark banter. Intros for the main characters of Event Leviathan leaves a couple of clues.
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-17-2019 at 11:03 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Not one single hair out of place with this preview. Clark and Lois are fantastic. And I really, REALLY love the fact that Bendis is treating Chicago to Metropolis as if Lois were just in another room for Clark. That's how you make this atypical set-up work as only Superman could, and I love that Lois doesn't miss a beat.

Clark making the choice to go along with the kidnapping because his wife has rubbed off on him and inspired him is great, and sort of plays into the practicality and playfulness of their relationship similar to how they also moonlight as super spies. This this air of "we got this" to them, and I really dig it a lot.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Preview for the Superman Leviathan Special coming at the end of the month:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ta...GSS-05-10aaa0b

I like it. Arts great, nice Lois & Clark banter. Intros for the main characters of Event Leviathan leaves a couple of clues.
    Ha, it's played mostly for laughs, interesting approach...might get more dramatic as you read, but it's fun

Gonna just throw this out there: I think Leviathan is Damian.

If you've been reading Deathstroke and Teen Titans then it looks like Damian has been growing increasingly more and more frustrated with how heroes work. He's sticking to the no-kill code, but he's also been holding people against their wills in a dungeon with proximity bombs on them. Interestingly enough, Leviathan doesn't seem to want to kill people, and I don't think it has yet, right? It just seems frustrated with how the world works. Also Leviathan would remain in the family for Damian. I bet he tried to cast doubt on Jason to throw the sent off him.

Now keep that in mind, and then think about what it's gonna be like to have Damian and Jon meet up again after the Unity Saga? Bendis said it would be "huge." But he also said he'd have them reconnect like Miles and Ganke or the friends from Big. Maybe it's bitter sweet, or a calm before the storm? Damian offers Jon a part in his new world, and Jon's not down. But we know it's not all bad. It's more an ideological split (like Civil War), and some heroes are down for it.

Holy crap....what if we get "Super Sons War" out of this? lol

Last edited by Superlad93; 05-17-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not one single hair out of place with this preview. Clark and Lois are fantastic. And I really, REALLY love the fact that Bendis is treating Chicago to Metropolis as if Lois were just in another room for Clark. That's how you make this atypical set-up work as only Superman could, and I love that Lois doesn't miss a beat.

Clark making the choice to go along with the kidnapping because his wife has rubbed off on him and inspired him is great, and sort of plays into the practicality and playfulness of their relationship similar to how they also moonlight as super spies. This this air of "we got this" to them, and I really dig it a lot.
    Yeah, I really liked the back and forth between them. Clark actually seems really into getting kidnapped! And Lois' reaction to the whole thing being kinda like are you sure they aren't after me, is great. I'm really starting to like Bendis' Lois. I've said it before, but she reminds me of Durance who is probably my favorite version of Lois.

And I do think you're right with how they are treating Lois in Chicago. It wouldn't be a hindrance for them spending time with each other at all. It's the "We're not normal, so why do we have to act like it and limit ourselves" in full display.

Gonna just throw this out there: I think Leviathan is Damian.
    If Leviathan stands up, the suit opens, and Damian has to step down out of it... Man that'd be incredible. Comic internet and twitter would melt down, but it'd be worth it.

Yeah, Jason’s not dumb by any stretch of the imagination but systematically tearing down the various espionage organizations of the DCU? No way, he ain’t that smart. Damian is though.

And it doesn’t look like Jason was a suspect until Damian said “help me prove it isn’t him.”

I'm also just now realizing that one could argue that Damian and Jon have been running parallel journeys to on another since Bendis took over Superman and Glass took over Teen Titans. Jon gets stuck on Earth-3 and is exposed to one of the most twisted Earths the multiverse has to offer, and every time he tried to make it a little better for the people there, it didn't go well. But he stuck to what his parents taught him, and he never lost hope in their ideals.

Damian on the other hand has become largely disillusioned by what he's learned from father. He still adheres to the no-kill code (as does Leviathan apparently), but he think the way his father has gone about saving the world is totally broken.

And funny enough, similar to how Jon was mentally messed with by Ultraman, Damian is messed with by what some may call the Earth-0 version of Batman's opposite, Deathstroke. But the difference is Deathstroke, on some level apparently got to him, but all Ultraman did for Jon was make him miss his dad. If Damian is Leviathan, and he and Jon are gonna be the ones to ultimately have it out on the grandest of scales, then there's clues.

"I've tried it your way"

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/...eviathan-2.jpg

Edit: would also give slightly more credibility in regards to why Bendis felt like it was cool to age up Jon. If this turns into a Civil War like thing, then you can't very well have a 10 or 11 year old leading one of the sides. You give Jon enough age to where he can lead a group of young heroes, and you give him enough time and experience stopping large scale conflicts and showing off an indomitable will as a hero to be a credible opposition to a new world order.

#WarOfTheSuperSons
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-17-2019 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

DC solicits for August go live at 5PM

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I may just be getting used to his voice for Lois, but she sounds a lot better here. I think Bendis is finding her voice.

Can I marry one of Yannick Paquette's pages? Is that a thing? Because it should be.

This event looks promising so far, even if it should be Ralph instead of Eel as our stretchy gumshoe.

I'm also just now realizing that one could argue that Damian and Jon have been running parallel journeys to on another since Bendis took over Superman and Glass took over Teen Titans. Jon gets stuck on Earth-3 and is exposed to one of the most twisted Earths the multiverse has to offer, and every time he tried to make it a little better for the people there, it didn't go well. But he stuck to what his parents taught him, and he never lost hope in their ideals.

Damian on the other hand has become largely disillusioned by what he's learned from father. He still adheres to the no-kill code (as does Leviathan apparently), but he think the way his father has gone about saving the world is totally broken.

And funny enough, similar to how Jon was mentally messed with by Ultraman, Damian is messed with by what some may call the Earth-0 version of Batman's opposite, Deathstroke. But the difference is Deathstroke, on some level apparently got to him, but all Ultraman did for Jon was make him miss his dad. If Damian is Leviathan, and he and Jon are gonna be the ones to ultimately have it out on the grandest of scales, then there's clues.

"I've tried it your way"

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/...eviathan-2.jpg

Edit: would also give slightly more credibility in regards to why Bendis felt like it was cool to age up Jon. If this turns into a Civil War like thing, then you can't very well have a 10 or 11 year old leading one of the sides. You give Jon enough age to where he can lead a group of young heroes, and you give him enough time and experience stopping large scale conflicts and showing off an indomitable will as a hero to be a credible opposition to a new world order.

#WarOfTheSuperSons
    That's a bold theory, but I have a counter-argument : Leviathan is tall, Damian is small !

More seriously, I don't really see Damian being Leviathan, but I could see him accepting his offer, out of tiredness from trying to do the right thing the heroic way, then in a new way, and yet always failing without anyone supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's a bold theory, but I have a counter-argument : Leviathan is tall, Damian is small !

More seriously, I don't really see Damian being Leviathan, but I could see him accepting his offer, out of tiredness from trying to do the right thing the heroic way, then in a new way, and yet always failing without anyone supporting him.
    COUNTERPOINT! Remote controlled robot body OR the ending of Scooby-Doo when Scrappy walks out of the giant suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Can I marry one of Yannick Paquette's pages? Is that a thing? Because it should be.
    Well, in Japan some people have married characters in video games, so.....yes?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.