Page 415 of 613 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 9194
    BANNED

Bendis' name is being thrown around as the potential replacement for Tom King as writer for Batman once it goes beyond Issue 100

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...m-king-batman/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis' name is being thrown around as the potential replacement for Tom King as writer for Batman once it goes beyond Issue 100

I could see that happening. Bendis has his second year of Superman plans set out with Event Leviathan, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen books working with it. Those would most likely be wrapping up by the time Batman got to 100. If they had the Ellis/Hitch series in the can they could keep the bi-weekly schedule running. The question is whether or not Bendis wants to drop them afterwards. I don't think he really wants to write Batman. He wanted the challenge of Superman. Batman seems like it's too much what's expected of him.

Though I would not mind someone taking over Superman and leaving Bendis Action Comics and Batman. Though, if he really wanted to keep both Super books, he could easily pass Young Justice off to another writer. With his Walmart Batman book being done there and Leviathan, etc. over. He could easily accomdate that workload. Although it'd be the question of whether or not DC want's Bendis writing that big of a chunk of their tentpole books.

I think DC should be very careful they don't give Bendis too much on his plate. I think that's part of what hurt him at Marvel.

It’s not Bendis, he’s just mentioned because he’s the highest profile creator under DC exclusively. I could see Steve Orlando getting the nod or maybe Tynion comes back. Maybe there’s a new writer from, like, Valiant or some place that signed and we don’t know about them yet.

If they want him on Batman and he were to agree, he'd leave the Superman books. Little doubt in my mind on that. But I think he'd have to agree, I don't think they force him to do anything.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I can't believe they'd rather have 7 months of filler rather than just let King finish his planned run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think DC should be very careful they don't give Bendis too much on his plate. I think that's part of what hurt him at Marvel.
    Agreed. We’re already periously close to that point imo between Jinxworld, Wonder Comics, and both Superbooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they want him on Batman and he were to agree, he'd leave the Superman books. Little doubt in my mind on that. But I think he'd have to agree, I don't think they force him to do anything.
    Yeah he’s give up either Superman or Action. I’d prefer he stay on Action, and I think he’s more invested in the Invisible Mafia plotline than Rogal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Agreed. We’re already periously close to that point imo between Jinxworld, Wonder Comics, and both Superbooks.
    Aren't we kind of past that point already? I mean, you got to add in Event Leviathan as well.

Yeah he’s give up either Superman or Action. I’d prefer he stay on Action, and I think he’s more invested in the Invisible Mafia plotline than Rogal.
    Plus, someone else on Superman might be able to correct the Jon thing.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Action's always seemed more his speed then Superman.

Of course Bendis name is brought up but I doubt he's gonna be on Batman especially since his Batman itch is being scratched with the Walmart books.

Well he's finished 2 of his Jinxworld books or rather they have gone on break so now would be the time to replace them with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Plus, someone else on Superman might be able to correct the Jon thing.
    How many times does Bendis need to say he has plans for Jon before people get that even if Bendis leaves the Superman book that aged up Jon is not going anywhere for a while, like I'm pretty sure teen Jon is gonna be leading the Legion which will be written by Bendis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    How many times does Bendis need to say he has plans for Jon before people get that even if Bendis leaves the Superman book that aged up Jon is not going anywhere for a while, like I'm pretty sure teen Jon is gonna be leading the Legion which will be written by Bendis.
    As this whole Tom King situation has proven, plans can change.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

My definition greatly differs on what the Jon dilemma is and how to rectify it, but I'm not seeing King on Batman being the only surprise shift. DC usually descends into chaos all at once, no gradually. And this is looking periously like one of those times. So I'm definitely not taking 100% anymore what's going to happen , be it Superman or anyone else.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My definition greatly differs on what the Jon dilemma is and how to rectify it, but I'm not seeing King on Batman being the only surprise shift. DC usually descends into chaos all at once, no gradually. And this is looking periously like one of those times. So I'm definitely not taking 100% anymore what's going to happen , be it Superman or anyone else.
    Jesus, are we at that point again? I haven't been paying much attention this past year. Other than King leaving Batman early, what's happening that makes you think we're back in "internal collapse" territory?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jesus, are we at that point again? I haven't been paying much attention this past year. Other than King leaving Batman early, what's happening that makes you think we're back in "internal collapse" territory?
    I honestly can't think of anything aside from the HiC controversy and the musical chairs on "Rick Grayson."

Back when the big restructuring went down in January it was said more changes were likely by the summer. I think the King thing could be part of that with Harras or Didio trying to get ahead of a perceived problem with the softening Batman sales. Whether it spirals into a full meltdown remains to be seen I guess.

Honestly, I think the Year One early reviews could even be part of that, trying to manage expectations on that book so as not to have it blow up in their face.