Page 416 of 501 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 7507
  1. #6226
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jesus, are we at that point again? I haven't been paying much attention this past year. Other than King leaving Batman early, what's happening that makes you think we're back in "internal collapse" territory?
    Its just a feeling, I could be off but it just feels like one of those opening salvos to upheaval. But again, its just a gut feeling, maybe I'm just too used to what's gone down the past decade.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  2. #6227
    Astonishing Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    I've never been around for a DC upheaval.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    As this whole Tom King situation has proven, plans can change.
    Nobody needed Tom King to get booted off of Batman to know this.

    My comment still stands as it was in response to the assumption that just b/c Bendis is off the Superman book Jon will go back to normal, no one knows if Bendis will still have possession of the character in some capacity they just assume he won't; now if plans change then okay but people's automatic assumption will always be weird to me.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

    ~~

    Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.


    ~~

    Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

  3. #6228
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Nobody needed Tom King to get booted off of Batman to know this.

    My comment still stands as it was in response to the assumption that just b/c Bendis is off the Superman book Jon will go back to normal, no one knows if Bendis will still have possession of the character in some capacity they just assume he won't; now if plans change then okay but people's automatic assumption will always be weird to me.
    No, it doesn't, because no one made that assumption. Look back at my original comment and you'll see the words "might be able to." No one ever said a new writer would definitely do it. You're projecting an assumption onto me that I never made. I put forward the possibility, not the certainty.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  4. #6229
    Fantastic Member MeGrimlock420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Preview of Jimmy Olsen comic coming from the Leviathan series.

    https://amp-denofgeek-com.cdn.amppro...lsen-direction

  5. #6230
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I've never been around for a DC upheaval.
    You'd think watching a company blow itself and all its good work up would be kind of a fun trainwreck to see, right?

    Its really not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just a feeling, I could be off but it just feels like one of those opening salvos to upheaval. But again, its just a gut feeling, maybe I'm just too used to what's gone down the past decade.
    It could be. A sudden shift in a high profile book with a high profile writer? That's definitely one of the early signs. Hopefully you're just being paranoid. Or, if you're not and we're at that phase again, hopefully the books we read avoid the fallout.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  6. #6231
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    "How am I going to get out of Gorilla City without money and my ID"

    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  7. #6232
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Well, Batman is going monthly after Tom King leaves, apparently. You know who big titles go monthly for...?
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  8. #6233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, Batman is going monthly after Tom King leaves, apparently. You know who big titles go monthly for...?
    Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch. They have a Batman story in the works, monthly works well with their schedule, they’re a nice high profile team that can fill in until #100.

    Not Bendis. Rich only mentioned him because he’s the biggest name at DC and the biggest name usually gets Batman, except Bendis is already running the Superman line, and the Walmart books and Event Leviathan scratched the Batman itch for him.

    It’s more likely Orlando, or Tynion, or somebody else that Snyder taught.

    Or maybe it’s just a bunch of random fill ins and Ellis/Hitch take over at #100.

  9. #6234
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    626

    Default

    If Batman and Superman weren’t soon about to have another team up book, having the same writer be on both character’s solo’s might be really interesting in a good way. Their individual stories being more interconnected in ways like how the rest of Bendis’s titles are (ex: the Superman/Mongul fight in Naomi). But like I said we are already getting a Batman/Superman teamup book so that itch is already kinda going to scratched anyway.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-24-2019 at 04:05 PM.

  10. #6235
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch. They have a Batman story in the works, monthly works well with their schedule, they’re a nice high profile team that can fill in until #100.

    Not Bendis. Rich only mentioned him because he’s the biggest name at DC and the biggest name usually gets Batman, except Bendis is already running the Superman line, and the Walmart books and Event Leviathan scratched the Batman itch for him.

    It’s more likely Orlando, or Tynion, or somebody else that Snyder taught.

    Or maybe it’s just a bunch of random fill ins and Ellis/Hitch take over at #100.
    No, Rich's reasoning went beyond that in that last article. It's more than Bendis being the biggest name. The Warren Ellis thing was more of guess than that was. But let's say the Ellis thing does happen. That takes the title through 2020. By 2021, Bendis might be ready to jump over by then. He'll have done about 30 issues of both Superman and Action. Event Leviathan and the Wal-Mart books will have been over for more than a year by then and Scott Snyder's big Justice League epic will be done by then too. Besides, if sales are the issue, which is the reasoning Rich cites, then they aren't going to put Orlando or Tynion on it. They'll want the big name they can really hype.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  11. #6236
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,713

    Default

    Which might not actually help Bendis get the gig, if sales are what DC is looking at. Bendis hasn't been the sales powerhouse he used to be in years. His Superman stuff sell solidly but it's not setting the charts on fire (which, granted, isnt just Bendis; Clark hasn't been a consistent Top 5 seller in years either).

    Bendis seems a likely choice for Batman, but if DC is expecting him to sell like he did back in the day they might very well be disappointed.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  12. #6237
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Which might not actually help Bendis get the gig, if sales are what DC is looking at. Bendis hasn't been the sales powerhouse he used to be in years. His Superman stuff sell solidly but it's not setting the charts on fire (which, granted, isnt just Bendis; Clark hasn't been a consistent Top 5 seller in years either).

    Bendis seems a likely choice for Batman, but if DC is expecting him to sell like he did back in the day they might very well be disappointed.
    Also possible.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  13. #6238
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    BC said Bendis would be getting Batman at issue 100, so Ellis and Hitch might do filler for issues 86-100. I find it very dubious that Ellis of all people would write 14 issue of filler on Batman for DC. More likely I could see a company man like Jurgens or Lobdell getting that job. If DC expects Bendis Batman to reignite sales though they are most likely in for a disappointment. As has been repeatedly stated and shown to be true, Bendis is not a sales powerhouse anymore. Furthermore theyíd be following up one controversial writer in King with another in Bendis. But people like Harras are terrible at their jobs so itís not surprising theyíd make choices like they did.

    But honestly? I donít really care about Batman. Thereís plenty of other Batman media to consume, so if his comic is garbage itís not like Batfans will suffer. What Iím (selfishly) concerned about is Superman. Are they going to try to have Bendis write both Superbooks, AND Batman, AND edit/write Wonder Comics, AND write Jinxworld? Because forget burn out thatís a freaking nuclear bomb set to detonate. If Bendis couldnít handle it heíd take down most of DCís biggest sellers in one fell swoop. They better force him off one book at least. Iíd take him off Superman and Young Justice and let him focus on Batman, Action, Naomi, and Jinxworld.

  14. #6239
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just a feeling, I could be off but it just feels like one of those opening salvos to upheaval. But again, its just a gut feeling, maybe I'm just too used to what's gone down the past decade.
    They're gonna bring back New 52 Superman! Any day now! Any day! You'll see!
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  15. #6240
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They're gonna bring back New 52 Superman! Any day now! Any day! You'll see!
    They already did lol, in the Sideways Annual a version of him that’s basically just Morrison’s origin without anything that came after exists and is exploring the Multiverse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •