Page 42 of 613 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Giving Bendis singular control over a character like Superman is still a bad idea in my view. You either have to like Bendis or be unaware of his work to give him a chance. If you don't like Bendis but like reading Superman, there's no alternative for those fans at the moment. It's either Bendis or nothing.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my issue. I don't like Bendis's writing at all so once again I'm left with no solo Superman titles to read and really reading about him outside of solo titles just isn't enough fr me at this point. Also those graphic novels someone mention are aimed at kids and teens so I'm not sure that I will get the same sense of enjoyment from them as I am getting from Action and Superman right now. Plus graphic novels don't come out as regularly as even a monthly comic does. Sorry but from my point of view this isn't in any way, shape or form an even exchange.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

I read Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man for about70 -75 issues before money became an issue in my hobby. Peter Parker was the lead, and I enjoyed the only Marvel book I read, recommended by my LCS. I am cautiously optimistic about his writing two books, as long as he doesn't mess too much with the family and marriage dynamics.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Small news: Kara will have a big role in the main books again https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...05238285856768

Guessing the Krypton revelations with that new villain will impact her as well

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Small news: Kara will have a big role in the main books again https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...05238285856768

Guessing the Krypton revelations with that new villain will impact her as well
    I'm guessing this explains Supergirl ending to some degree.

I'm curious to see how Bendis writes Kara. I'm not sure if he'd write her like Orlando did, maybe more like Post-Crisis Kara.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hey, that's pretty substantial. And there's that word again. Maybe it will cause more concern to grow over the possibility of him just rounding up all the other Supers and blowing them away lol

I'm wondering if Kara will be a co-star or if whatever her role is in the main books will lead to her next solo spinning off from it?

I'm so glad to hear this! Maybe we'll finally get some depth to Kal and Kara's relationship. This was promised and whiffed on completely with Rebirth.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm so glad to hear this! Maybe we'll finally get some depth to Kal and Kara's relationship. This was promised and whiffed on completely with Rebirth.
    Would really enjoy seeing those two bond more, so I'm glad. Also hope we get optimistic and happy Kara and not antsy and angry Kara with Bendis.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious to see how Bendis writes Kara. I'm not sure if he'd write her like Orlando did, maybe more like Post-Crisis Kara.
    You mean, like Jeff Loeb or Kelly Puckett style?

No gracias....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You mean, like Jeff Loeb or Kelly Puckett style?

No gracias....
    I was thinking more Johns/Sterling Gates .

It'd be nice to see Kara treated like part of the family. Since DC is treating Clark like a real family man (check your history! That's not who Clark is! ) they might as well go all in and get his cousin in there.

Wait. Supergirl is cancelled now. So is Super-Sons. Right?

But New Super-Man is still going (with a minor title adjustment).

Did a brand new non-white character just out-last a Silver Age staple and two of the biggest teen names in comics???
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It'd be nice to see Kara treated like part of the family. Since DC is treating Clark like a real family man (check your history! That's not who Clark is! ) they might as well go all in and get his cousin in there.

Wait. Supergirl is cancelled now. So is Super-Sons. Right?

But New Super-Man is still going (with a minor title adjustment).

Did a brand new non-white character just out-last a Silver Age staple and two of the biggest teen names in comics???
    What's wrong Superman being a family man it's only natural especially when he has Jon.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Screw history. Characters evolve.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Screw history. Characters evolve.
    Superman's evolution has been more like that old movie, 'Evolution', where the evolution is disastrous.

That was a bad movie.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Superman's evolution has been more like that old movie, 'Evolution', where the evolution is disastrous.

That was a bad movie.
    How so when Superman is still himself even as a father?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he