Page 422 of 613 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I hadn't thought of this but this really fits with the way DC seems to be going with the monthly floppies. Books like Legion, OMAC, Kamandi (who's also been teased in Action Comics) have had a hard time keeping series going. Legion could be the Young Justice of the Millenium line and then rotate out minis like Kamandi, OMAC, etc. Do 6-12 issues. Kick out a TPB, and if it does well set up 6 more in a year or so. This may be Bendis' niche.
    100% And I genuinely think it's a great model to follow. It's giving these less popular characters a real shot at some fame and time in the sun while not sending them out to the slaughter long term.

The sky becomes the limit for what books we could see out of imprints and general limited runs (Lois, Jimmy, Bat&Cat) like this. Easily potentially one of the smartest and most generous moves I've seen out of the big two in years.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So Bendis just posted a Batman beyond image with the DC millennium hashtag. I guess it really might be an imprint about the future.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

My guess is that Millennium is Bendis's next event and will be to Superman what Event Leviathan was to Action Comics. It will introduce the Legion back into the DC Universe and feature many aspects of DC's future. Just like Event Leviathan did for secret organizations. It will also set up a new Legion series with Jon Kent on the team, and for some reason, Bendis will think that will retroactively make people take back every criticism they've had of his handling of Jon. Which is frustrating.
    Last edited by Sam; 06-10-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So Bendis just posted a Batman beyond image with the
    DC millennium hashtag. I guess it really might be an imprint about the future.
    Yeah this seems like the most likely option at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My guess is that Millennium is Bendis's next event and will be to Superman what Event Leviathan was to Action Comics. It will introduce the Legion back into the DC Universe and feature many aspects of DC's future. Just like Event Leviathan did for secret organizations. It will also set up a new Legion series with Jon Kent on the team, and for some reason, Bendis will think that will retroactively make people take back every criticism they've had of his handling of Jon. Which is frustrating.
    I mean I don't think Bendis thinks that at all since that seems to have always been the plan regardless of the reaction to aged up Jon.

In any case, I don't know if I want DC Millennium to be an event that launches an imprint or be an imprint that launches from the current arc of the Superman book, but I definitely believe it's connected to Superman. The solicitation for Superman #13 and the screencap of that Bendis tweet that I posted a couple of pages back both mention "a thousand years in the making" and what's a thousand years if not a millennium.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-10-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Seen some people online speculate that DC Millennium is the name of the second wave of Wonder Comics

Mighty Member

I mean I don't think Bendis thinks that at all since that seems to have always been the plan regardless of the reaction to aged up Jon.
    Oh, I think this was always the plan. But Bendis has approached the backlash to the Jon thing with an attitude of "Just wait and see all the story I have planned for Jon. Then, you'll like it." This would imply that he believes people will eventually decide the ends justify the means, which is unlikely to fly.
    Currently Reading:

More DC Millennium. This time it's Batman Beyond. I'm growing ever more sure that this is organizing all of DC's projects set in the future under some event or, more likely, imprint.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byi0ImKBm5R/
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I just realized this stuff that is being teased was a part of Bendis 2019 Instagram post.

Here's Newsrama article on that

So I'm assuming Kamandi is gonna be a part of DC Millennium as well.

Oh, I think this was always the plan. But Bendis has approached the backlash to the Jon thing with an attitude of "Just wait and see all the story I have planned for Jon. Then, you'll like it." This would imply that he believes people will eventually decide the ends justify the means, which is unlikely to fly.
    Oh yeah that's what Bendis usually does unfortunately or fortunately depending on where you stand.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I just realized this stuff that is being teased was a part of Bendis 2019 Instagram post.

Here's Newsrama article on that

So I'm assuming Kamandi is gonna be a part of DC Millennium as well.

Oh yeah that's what Bendis usually does unfortunately or fortunately depending on where you stand.
    Really nice catch, so this has been in the plans for a while. This being the next phase of his young justice imprint makes sense. Really hope jurgens is off batman beyond though.

Really though I don't see any other way a creator should approach backlash. He's not going to outright apologize for doing something some people don't like, and nor should he. That's terrible advertising. And that's basically what he's doing when he gives interviews, he's advertising his product. Only time a creator should apologize for something is if its already failed and is over with. Neither being the case here, this is ongoing.

Anywho, all these imprints and I'm still waiting on one that utilizes another Earth. I'm probably going to be waiting a long time. And outside of the Legion, only because how far forward it is, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a "canon" future. As this is what it sounds like, kinda what Jurgens teased a few years back when he mentioned his Batman Beyond being a canon future. I don't really want to have everyone's lives mapped out in broad strokes outside of present-day stories. That ruins a large part of the fun of even doing future tales.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-10-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Really though I don't see any other way a creator should approach backlash. He's not going to outright apologize for doing something some people don't like, and nor should he. That's terrible advertising. And that's basically what he's doing when he gives interviews, he's advertising his product. Only time a creator should apologize for something is if its already failed and is over with. Neither being the case here, this is ongoing.

Anywho, all these imprints and I'm still waiting on one that utilizes another Earth. I'm probably going to be waiting a long time. And outside of the Legion, only because how far forward it is, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a "canon" future. As this is what it sounds like, kinda what Jurgens teased a few years back when he mentioned his Batman Beyond being a canon future. I don't really want to have everyone's lives mapped out in broad strokes outside of present-day stories. That ruins a large part of the fun of even doing future tales.
    No use arguing with logic with people that dislike Bendis, lets be real, they were gonna hate whatever answer he had to say about Jon being aged because they can't get passed the initial idea.

I mean when people crap on your ideas you're bound to be a little defensive. He believes this whole thing with Jon will play out in his favor and that's fine. So far I'm not particularly impressed and if all this was just to ship Jon off with the legion so far his way of handling it was just messy but whatever. However you shouldn't dismiss criticism you should take into consideration and try and sell your readers on your ideas. Which I feel he's not really doing like so far everything with Jon just comes off unnecessary due to how it's written, nothing about this run couldn't have been done without the age jump so far. That's his fault though if your gonna make a change like this at least do it well. *shrugs* Just my opinion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Creators apologize when doing ongoings. And I’m not expecting or wanting an apology. He’s on the Superman books. He’s able to do what he wants. I am however frustrated by his insistence that people are going to enjoy what he is doing in the end with Jon. It feels dismissive and slightly strange considering he’s bringing everyone else in the DC Universe back more in line with their most popular version. It frustrates me and I will vent, but I’m not asking for an apology. That would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    No use arguing with logic with people that dislike Bendis, lets be real, they were gonna hate whatever answer he had to say about Jon being aged because they can't get passed the initial idea.
    How kind of you to put words in my mouth and try to paint me as illogical. Seriously, don’t speak for me, because you clearly don’t know what my thought process is. I don’t hate Bendis. I like quite a lot of his work. I’m enjoying Action Comics and Young Justice has been okay. There are tons of characters I’d love to see him on. But I’m frustrated with the Jon thing and I don’t think the Superman title has been very well-written.
    Currently Reading:

I don't understand, is he supposed to not think or say that he thinks everyone will enjoy it if he's really pleased with it himself? He's already acknowledge that the change was a controversial move, but he remains sure of himself as a writer, and sure that when the dust settles his work will illustrate to fans that he's a big fan of the character himself. On podcasts and other interviews he's elaborated as much.

I don't think he intended anything more than that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-11-2019 at 01:03 PM.