Page 423 of 613 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 9194
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't understand, is he supposed to not think or say that he thinks everyone will enjoy it if he's really pleased with it himself? He's already acknowledge that the change was a controversial move, but he remains sure of himself as a writer, and sure when the dust settles his work will illustrate to fans that he's a big fan of the character. On podcasts and other interviews he's elaborated as much.

I don't think he intended anything more than that.
    Not saying things like “the internet is a place where grown men get upset about aging up a child” would probably be a good place to start.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Another DC-Millennium tease from BMB: https://www.instagram.com/p/BykzT24BFno/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

That kind of looks like Andrea Sorrentino art.
    Currently Reading:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Not saying things like “the internet is a place where grown men get upset about aging up a child” would probably be a good place to start.
    That's taken out of context. That's him taking about the people who go on his twitter and personally attack him for putting fictional people through adversity and change. He's well within his rights to call out those people and their absurdity for taking things well beyond the reasonable norm. Unless you personally have done something similar to him or other creators, then you shouldn't take that as words against you.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Referencing the classic:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's taken out of context. That's him taking about the people who go on his twitter and personally attack him for putting fictional people through adversity and change. He's well within his rights to call out those people and their absurdity for taking things well beyond the reasonable norm. Unless you personally have done something similar to him or other creators, then you shouldn't take that as words against you.
    I’ve read the interview. The nuance you’re trying to give that comment isn’t there. He says nothing about adversity or change. It comes out of nowhere. It’s not out of context because he doesn’t explain any context. It comes off like a frustrated dig. Maybe it wasn’t intended that way, but it was dismissive. Tom King in recent interviews did an excellent job at finding the nuance in how he talked about pissed off Wally West fans. None of that is present in the way Bendis talks about Jon.
    Currently Reading:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I’ve read the interview. The nuance you’re trying to give that comment isn’t there. He says nothing about adversity or change. It comes out of nowhere. It’s not out of context because he doesn’t explain any context. It comes off like a frustrated dig. Maybe it wasn’t intended that way, but it was dismissive. Tom King in recent interviews did an excellent job at finding the nuance in how he talked about pissed off Wally West fans. None of that is present in the way Bendis talks about Jon.
    We're thinking of two different interviews then. The one I'm thinking of it's fairly clear. This is supported by his word balloon interview where he's acknowledging how controversial it is, but he's continues on saying that it's a story he genuinely believes in, and it's not something he'd do if he didn't think it was worthwhile

Regardless, to the original point, I'm all but certain that his intent was to show that he really has put quite a bit of thought and care into these changes, and that may not be evident to those skeptic till everything becomes clear. Lois is an example of this. Most thought that he was shipping her off, breaking them up, and trying to keep her from her job, but clearly none of that is true. She's now leading an event, working side by side with her husband, and will soon get her on 12 issue run. Some skeptic may still say "but then why the uncertainty beforehand? Couldn't we have gotten here from XYZ?" Well, yeah, the answer is likely yes, but realistically that same answer would apply to all stories even the greats.

Hopefully the landing sticks with Jon in a similar way, but like Lois, I don't think there ever won't be those questions of "couldn't you have done XYZ." But for whatever it's worth I doubt that he of all writers aged Jon up because he couldn't or didn't want to deal with him as a child. As he said in his word balloon interview, he did this because he honestly has a story he thinks is worth telling, and that this opens up more doors in his mind than it closes.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview - BENDIS Excited To Get SUPER-Family Back Together For SUPERMAN / SUPERGIRL Crossover: https://www.newsarama.com/45542-bend...crossover.html

Interview - BENDIS Excited To Get SUPER-Family Back Together For SUPERMAN / SUPERGIRL Crossover: https://www.newsarama.com/45542-bend...crossover.html
    Too bad Jon isn't there.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

hmm, so that person who kept theorizing Bendis's run takes place after doomsday clock may be right somehow based on bendis's answer to that last question.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    hmm, so that person who kept theorizing Bendis's run takes place after doomsday clock may be right somehow based on bendis's answer to that last question.
    That's been my pet theory for a while! His quotes on this here were the most solid confirmation we've had as to any type of connection since his WB interview last summer.

Nrama: I know Jor-El is part of this as well, as Superman and Superboy just traveled to his location at the end of the last issue. Does the fact that he went through that whole Mr. Oz thing come up?

Bendis: Absolutely. All of it comes up. Everything that Dan Jurgens set up for us, everything that’s going on in Doomsday Clock — all of the stuff that’s been going on is going to present itself in this storyline.
    Nrama: As long as we’re talking about parents, to finish up this interview, one last question… are Ma and Pa Kent alive? Because the Conner Kent Superboy over in Young Justice talks like they are, and in Superman #11, Clark seemed to speak in the present tense about Martha Kent.

Bendis: This is a great question. Excellent job, Newsarama. I’m very excited you asked me that. I can’t answer that question until all of Doomsday Clock is revealed. Just to be fair, that train had left the station before I was even at DC. So I have full respect for making sure that story gets told the way it needs to get told.
    I have to go back and reread Superman 11 now to see about that Ma Kent stuff.

Ugh not excited that they’re bringing the Kents back, but that’s a Johns move I guess.

I really hope they undo the prom night thing and we get Martha back for Connor's sake if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ugh not excited that they’re bringing the Kents back, but that’s a Johns move I guess.
    Gods damn it Johns. I knew he was going to do this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Its a horrible decision, but I've figured it was coming for so long its hard to get too mad about it anew, as I've already been mad about it.

But I mean, its just another superior detail to Morrison's foundation that hopefully, someday, can be used elsewhere. Just hope people stop trying to say that Reborn combined the two Supermen. This was an absorption, plain and simple, when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El