Page 425 of 613 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Interestingly enough, Morrison's Clark was a good deal happier growing up, generally speaking. Lana and Pete were always there for him, he didn't get picked on, and from a young age Pa would encourage super deeds, if not out right instigate them himself. That Clark was also never shown to be conflicted over learning of his heritage. New 52's outsider nature didn't really seem to kick in till he was in the city.

Secret Origins isn't my first pick for a Superman story, but that Clark did have very clear and present issues with fitting in and feeling comfortable with himself growing up. When he learned he was a alien her didn't mourn the loss of these people he didn't know but rather he did mourn the facade of just being Ma and Pa's son. And Clark was actually so troubled by his situation on Earth that when three flying strangers who dress enough like him say they're from the future, he literally begs to go with them, and he says it's because he can't deal with not fitting in here anymore.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

All-New Member

Can someone help me with the timelines here? Where does Superman take place with regards to Leviathan

Bendis retweeted it this...

https://twitter.com/robstaeger/statu...06744715980800

"Um....CHILDREN? @BRIANMBENDIS , what does Jax-Ur know that we don't?

#ChildrenofJorEl"

I'm just sayin....

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by movieclub View Post
    Can someone help me with the timelines here? Where does Superman take place with regards to Leviathan
    Superman and Event: Leviathan are happening at the same time more or less. Superman leaves Earth with Jon and Lois goes off investigating Leviathan. My guess is the chronology kinda goes:

Man of Steel 1-6;
    Superman 1-6 (except the last 2 pages);
    Action Comics 1001-1010,
    Superman: Leviathan Rising Special;
    Last 2 pages of Superman #6-Superman 10;
    Event: Leviathan and Superman 11-12

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bendis retweeted it this...

https://twitter.com/robstaeger/statu...06744715980800

"Um....CHILDREN? @BRIANMBENDIS , what does Jax-Ur know that we don't?

#ChildrenofJorEl"

I'm just sayin....

Superman has a twin brother that in a year from now will join Jason (WW's brother) in the comic-book limbo.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2019 at 01:58 PM.

I now preemptively DEMAND fan art of Rogol Zaar in a big Christmas sweater taking an awkward El family picture.

I also demand racist uncle Zaar at the dinner table memes. We're also dangerously low on Chaz memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its a horrible decision, but I've figured it was coming for so long its hard to get too mad about it anew, as I've already been mad about it.

But I mean, its just another superior detail to Morrison's foundation that hopefully, someday, can be used elsewhere. Just hope people stop trying to say that Reborn combined the two Supermen. This was an absorption, plain and simple, when all is said and done.
    Yeah, Im right there with you man. This possibility has been hanging over Clark since Johns decided to stick his fingers into the mythology again with Clock.

I'm annoyed, but I can't really muster anything more than that.

If we're lucky, hopefully it'll just be one of them. I can roll with that, since most of the core points of the Kents dying remain mostly intact if it's only one who passes. Far from ideal but I can accept it.

I now preemptively DEMAND fan art of Rogol Zaar in a big Christmas sweater taking an awkward El family picture.

I also demand racist uncle Zaar at the dinner table memes. We're also dangerously low on Chaz memes.
    Yes to all of this!!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Screenshot_20190612-180837_Instagram.jpg

This one involves Supergirl, is this from a legion comic...

Mighty Member

I feel like that's to be expected when he's still having a story actively unfold about the character right now, and he doesn't want to give too much away. But there are clear points he has in mind such as Jon's reunion with Damian, and what his teased destiny is. Also, for the time being at least, he has to filter Jon's story at least in part through Clark's because he's writing Clark's book, hence why Clark gets the internal narration.

And the point of my comparison wasn't on how reversible the situations were, but rather how both characters were taking from their traditional set-ups and close proximity to Clark, and are now being returned with something new to them. Lois' stuff has since begun to payoff, and it's been made abundantly clear that they are as in love as they've ever been, and funny enough they're working more as a team than they have in years of publication. In Jon's case, similar to Lois, first the misconceptions are being tossed out: he didn't come back evil, he continues to uphold what his family stands for, he's still in compete awe of his dad, and he's still learning. But he's also come with the addition of a strengthened resolve and a greater degree of independence. Now, hopefully, we get the equivalent of greater DC comics prominence, some sort of book, and continued closeness with Clark.

And it's totally fine if your thinking continues to be "they could've done XYZ and gotten this" or that you don't see the point. Ultimately it's subjective, but circling this back to my original point because I'd rather this be my last message on the matter, I think the point is that he knows it may seem like he's just blowing all of this up for the heck of it, but he genuinely think's the stories he'll be able to tell are worth it and people will dig them. I think that's all he's ever meant.
    If he understood what people like about Jon, he wouldn't have aged him up in the first place. Everything we've seen since then shows there is no reason to believe he has any understanding of how to write for the character. Jon already had developed resolve and some independence. Bendis hasn't done anything new or interesting with the character. He's just taken away elements people enjoyed. If he honestly believes he can win the Jon fans over, more power to him, but I don't see much reason to believe he can.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    is this from a legion comic...
    Close. It's Booster Gold

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Screenshot_20190612-180837_Instagram.jpg

This one involves Supergirl, is this from a legion comic...
    someone in the comments thought that was booster, but I have no clue honestly. But he would fit in with a imprint like this

Hmm so possibly five comics coming out of this imprint if this is a Booster Gold comic.

Mighty Member

Could it be Rip? I'm not super knowledgable about Rip outside of Legends of Tomorrow.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Default Scott Snyder unambiguously explains how Doomsday Clock fits.

https://www.newsarama.com/45553-scot...-for-them.html

Nrama: "So does this tie in to Doomsday Clock at all? Because we’ve seen the seeds of the Justice Society returning in Doomsday Clock."

Snyder: "Not really. I mean, Doomsday Clock really is its own wonderful, incredible story. The kind of light connection between them is just that, what Geoff and I talked about was because Doomsday Clock is kind of running at its own pace and in its own kind of continuity, what I didn’t want to do was bring the JSA back before he had a chance to reintroduce them as a concept in issue #10.

I think that’s similar with other characters that he’s going to be using in Doomsday Clock as well.

So there’s a nod to each other in that regard. I wanted him to be able to have the JSA as an idea, and have that first appearance in Doomsday Clock.

But in terms of the continuities linking up, Doomsday Clock is a very special and inspirational book. We’re all amazed, I think, at how good it is. But its effects are relatively self-contained to itself."

There you have it, Doomsday Clock is confirmed to only lightly be part of normal continuity. It was only ever intended to be an evergreen book for bookstores and people not too immersed in DC month to month. The regular creators are sort of just allowing Johns to introduce the ideas of the characters in Clock, but they will not be beholden to Clock as concrete continuity. This likely goes for Bendis too with the Legion and the Kents. My guess is that creators will now treat Doomsday Clock as this sort of nebulous free pass for slight shifts in continuity they were OKed for. So, it's very likely it doesn't matter if Bendis intended for this run to be before or after Clock, and there is not "threat greater than Manhattan that Snyder will follow up with in Crisis." It's just it's own thing, and it's in continuity enough.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this parentage thing, but since its looking more and more like Superlad was right all along and it is happening, he gets a Coke.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El