Page 426 of 613 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Attachment 83368

This one involves Supergirl, is this from a legion comic...
    That looks like Nicola Scott art as well. If so, it’s great to see her back on a DC book.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still not sure how I feel about this parentage thing, but since its looking more and more like Superlad was right all along and it is happening, he gets a Coke.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hahaha, you earned it!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

https://twitter.com/lodix1/status/11...328341506?s=21

This person might have guessed what DC Millennium is, since Bendis said he wanted to give him a good variant. We’ll find out tomorrow!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/45553-scot...-for-them.html

Nrama: "So does this tie in to Doomsday Clock at all? Because we’ve seen the seeds of the Justice Society returning in Doomsday Clock."

Snyder: "Not really. I mean, Doomsday Clock really is its own wonderful, incredible story. The kind of light connection between them is just that, what Geoff and I talked about was because Doomsday Clock is kind of running at its own pace and in its own kind of continuity, what I didn’t want to do was bring the JSA back before he had a chance to reintroduce them as a concept in issue #10.

I think that’s similar with other characters that he’s going to be using in Doomsday Clock as well.

So there’s a nod to each other in that regard. I wanted him to be able to have the JSA as an idea, and have that first appearance in Doomsday Clock.

But in terms of the continuities linking up, Doomsday Clock is a very special and inspirational book. We’re all amazed, I think, at how good it is. But its effects are relatively self-contained to itself."

There you have it, Doomsday Clock is confirmed to only lightly be part of normal continuity. It was only ever intended to be an evergreen book for bookstores and people not too immersed in DC month to month. The regular creators are sort of just allowing Johns to introduce the ideas of the characters in Clock, but they will not be beholden to Clock as concrete continuity. This likely goes for Bendis too with the Legion and the Kents. My guess is that creators will now treat Doomsday Clock as this sort of nebulous free pass for slight shifts in continuity they were OKed for. So, it's very likely it doesn't matter if Bendis intended for this run to be before or after Clock, and there is not "threat greater than Manhattan that Snyder will follow up with in Crisis." It's just it's own thing, and it's in continuity enough.
    So, let me get this straight doomsday clock will have no payoffs and no effect on main continuity. If there is no connection, Then how are they going to explain things like alan scott's death and not being a lantern caused by manhattan ?how is the continuity going to be explained?what about jor el and manhattan connection?
    On side note, this is a mess. Man i should have seen this coming the minute Geoff johns was not in charge anymore. So much for hope and legacy. Wally west's character has been assassinated and fed to lobdell, Clark's first real side kick and his son does not get to be raised by him or be trained by him. We are back to villains nonsense, (because they are cool, i guess) .so,its official Rebirth is dead. I am a little disappointed, but not surprised.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.

The things introduced in the aftermath of Doomsday Clock like the JSA returning, possibly one or both of the Kents coming back, the Legion coming back, and the general idea of Doomsday Clock with carry forward as a clear part of the DCU, but no one is beholden to the 1 year later time scale set by Doomsday Clock.

It's kind of like how Crisis on Infinite Earths still technically happened, but slotting it into continuity perfectly doesn't quite fit. There's also the very likely chance that the end of Doomsday Clock is designed to sort of change time to a way that both allows a sense of closure to itself, and also leave regular creators unshackled. So, functionally the JSA, Legion, and the Kents are back in play but things like the Superman Theory and all of the fake heroes and villains go away as Manhattan's influences leaves.

Like I've said before, it never made sense for fans to put so much stock in the specifics of Doomsday Clock as it was related to ongoing continuity. The book was only ever intended to be an evergreen book for bookstores, and a conceptual reintroduction for several properties at DC. This was always Johns intention. It's a follow up to Watchmen for goodness sake.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-12-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The things introduced in the aftermath of Doomsday Clock like the JSA returning, possibly one or both of the Kents coming back, the Legion coming back, and the general idea of Doomsday Clock with carry forward as a clear part of the DCU, but no one is beholden to the 1 year later time scale set by Doomsday Clock.

It's kind of like how Crisis on Infinite Earths still technically happened, but slotting it into continuity perfectly doesn't quite fit. There's also the very likely chance that the end of Doomsday Clock is designed to sort of change time to a way that both allows a sense of closure to itself, and also leave regular creators unshackled. So, functionally the JSA, Legion, and the Kents are back in play but things like the Superman Theory and all of the fake heroes and villains go away as Manhattan's influences leaves.

Like I've said before, it never made sense for fans to put so much stock in the specifics of Doomsday Clock as it was related to ongoing continuity. The book was only ever intended to be an evergreen book for bookstores, and a conceptual reintroduction for several properties at DC. This was always Johns intention. It's a follow up to Watchmen for goodness sake.
    How does that work, if firestorm is one of the heroes made by the government? It was heavily implied that the professor deliberately created the accident.
    It was not just a sequel to watchmen. It was supposed to be thematic inverse of watchmen. While, watchmen tore down the superhero ie superman in the name of cynicism . This was supposed to rebuild it, through optimism.if they wanted to have just a sequel to watchmen, john's would have done a self contained book. Not, like this one were plot points come from different books and converge.Also,Geoff johns (from the writing) was comparing the watchmen Universe and Proper dcu.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How does that work, if firestorm is one of the heroes made by the government? It was heavily implied that the professor deliberately created the accident.
    Yup, and all of that is because Manhattan. Presumably once Manhattan's influence is gone, then time is changed. I mean, it's just like how it's Manhattan's fault Scott is dead and the JSA are not a thing. The Superman Theory will very likely be erased from time and Firestorm's creation would've once again been an accident, thus making Doomsday Clock self contained.

I mean, it's a guess, but regardless, it's like Snyder pretty clearly says: Doomsday Clock's continuity links will remain light. It's always been intended to be an evergreen book that functions as a follow up to Watchmen and uses the Superman, the DCU and its rules as a backdrop. It had a very slim chance of being the continuity straighter everyone assumed.

Rebirth's injection of legacy and hope continue in current continuity. Conner's back, Jon hasn't gone anywhere, the Superman family work together and love one another, Jimmy's getting a comic, Lois is getting a comic, the Justice League take on interns, Superman is loved and respect, Young Justice is back, Bat and Cat are getting a book, GL has a teenage variant, new young heroes are coming being created and used, the JSA are coming back, the Legion is coming back, DC's future continuity is being shown some much needed love. It's just not actively called Rebirth anymore.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-12-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Hang on, was it implied that manhattan had something to do with firestorm's creation?He only showed firestorm the truth of his creation. I thought this was supposed to be a new origin story for firestorm going forward.only the other events manhattan had a direct hand in.kahndaq, being metahuman safe heaven seems pretty big to ignore. Not only that, what about all the international heroes from other countries like japan, china, india,Britain.. Etc. They were some great world building. I don't think john's would have decided to taken the trouble of expanding dcu for just a watchmen sequel.
    Sorry, for being negative. I just don't get that vibe of hope and optimistism from the books i read now, except for maybe justice league. And jon barely has any presense and energy , as an adult. He feels like he is just there. My favourite characters are legacies mostly like dick, wally, jon, jason.. Etc. Suffice to say, i don't feel like they are being treated well.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hang on, was it implied that manhattan had something to do with firestorm's creation?
    Basically. Remember last issue? You change Superman, you changed the whole metaverse and the multiverse, thus you change every other character. He created the New 52. The metaverse tried to fight back by introducing back some of it's legacy (Wally) and some of its time, but that doesn't change that this world is still technically the one Manhattan created by changing. That's why Clark's parents still died during prom night. That's why the JSA never were. The Superman theory indirectly because of Manhattan. It's a product of the world he made.

Also, all of those international heroes have more or less always been part of DC, and there's no reason why they can't stay. Like I said, light continuity, so that means any future writer can cheery pick them as they like.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I do hope that the Brainiac arc where Jonathan died is still canon. I think bringing back one of the Kent's (Martha) is fine. It lines up with most multimedia versions of Superman (Donner,Snyder,Smallville etc) and having Jonathan having been alive until relatively recently opens up a lot more of the post -crisis pre-Flashpoint stories that involved Jon and Martha directly in some fashion (most notably, Day of the Krypton Man,Death and Return and the Death of Clark Kent) to have happened as published.

However,I could see them undoing even Jonathan's death at the end of Brainiac. Around 2006-2009 there was this push to line the comic book Superman losely up with the movie Superman (i.e. a lot of influence and visuals from the Donner movies spilled into the comics and Smallville even began to drink from the Donner well) and it always felt like killing Jonathan was something WB wanted to promote media synergy with Superman,and Geoff Johns gave it to them. With the New Krypton era now pretty much not canon, it's reasonable to assume Johns Brainiac arc is also largely out,and thus retroactively,Jonathan is going to be alive.

Honestly I'm fine with the Kent's dead or alive. I've gone back and forth over it and both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's sort of a shame the good parts of the New 52 (the Morrison and Pak runs ) will fully now be ejected from Canon,but the stories are still there to enjoy on their own,and the rest of the New 52 era Superman (and New 52 in general) isn't really worth salvaging,so maybe it's all for the best.

At least now with Bendis having followed Jurgens and Tomasi Superman has been pretty good overall and the most consistent in quality since the early 2000s ,so it's been a long twisty road to get here,but at least we are here.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-13-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

In modern storytelling I think killing them and keeping them dead, giving it significance but not having him dwell, is tough to do without it feeling manufactured. Morrison did it in the New 52, but then his original story involving pa Kent had Superman yelling, "I can save him! I can save everyoneaaaa!" so second time is the charm I guess. This is just me but I don't think the further 2011-2016 arc had much use for it. I'll take it or leave it with them dead now. Though, the only real solution to the problem of some assuming that they're infallible wells of virtue instead of characters and that Superman is cool and more manly without them is to actually use them.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ok so DC Millennium is not an event or an imprint. It is exactly what the person in the tweets says.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    https://twitter.com/lodix1/status/11...328341506?s=21

This person might have guessed what DC Millennium is, since Bendis said he wanted to give him a good variant. We’ll find out tomorrow!
    I am very curious who our tour guide is.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-13-2019 at 11:36 AM.

SUPERMAN #15
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    At last, it’s the return of the Legion of Super-Heroes! The greatest super heroes of the 32nd century have traveled back in time not just to meet the heroes who inspired them, but to make an offer…but to which hero? And why will that choice tear Superman’s life apart? Plus, the fallout from Lex Luthor’s conversation with Lois Lane escalates! What dark secret did Lex tell Lois?
    ON SALE 09.11.19

Before everyone's heads explode, I just wanna remind everyone that Jon is set to reunite with Damian later this year after the Unity Saga, and apparently Bendis says that Jon will continue to be in all the issues of Superman. So, with that in mind, I'd wager that the theory that Jon will be going back and forth between the 21st and 32nd (that's new) centuries.

But it says this'll "tear Clark's life apart," right? Well, I'm guessing it's just a similar situation to his redefining with Lois. This is Jon and Clark's Action Comics 1004. We've already seen Clark very hesitant to even let Jon go off with Kara and Krypto (family he trusts with his life), so the idea that he'll now be regularly time traveling back and forth between the present and the future once again beyond his watchful eye will likely scare him.