Page 439 of 613 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 9194

Bendis has said his Legion is a reboot. Honestly not feeling it so far based on what has been shown and what he’s said, I want them to be Clark’s childhood friends, Bendis getting rid of that is just stupid. The new looks aren’t really doing much for me in that regard either, the hair styles just look terrible.

Really though it’s all on Johns and Frank for not getting Doomsday Clock out when it was supposed to. I’m sure Johns originally was planning to write LoSH, but the delays made them give it to Bendis.

I'm fine with another reboot as long as Clark was with them first as Superboy. Or like I mentioned earlier as a completely different incarnation that isn't the same as the ones Clark remembered (though option one would be preferable for simplicity's sake). If its a situation where Clark never was with them as Superboy period, and the concept is basically brand new and their one and only Superboy was/is/and will be Jon, screw that. With the most gigantic screw you can find.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll be right with you. That would be some bull and a half to do that.

As for that preview....already groaning at the Trump shot. Don't need to be reminded about him in my entertainment. Use your own social media for that Rucka, please don't use Lois as your overt political mouthpiece.
    If you were hoping this wouldn’t be political... I don’t know what to tell you Sacred. Rucka has been pretty up front on Word Balloon that he’s not going to shy away from current politics. Lois is going to be very left wing in this Rucka ongoing which is fine with me.

I have no problem with political nuance. Nor with Lois being liberal. She always has been, that's not at all a surprise. But nuance is key. Weave it into your plot in a way that's relevant to the overall story. Anyone can just basically do a namedrop like this. Literally saying " Hay guys Trump's a sanctimonious *******" in a way that has no relevance to the overall story is not good writing, its just annoying. I already think Rucka is overrated as it is, so its not a good sign that I'm going to be aboard for long.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-26-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm fine with another reboot as long as Clark was with them first as Superboy. Or like I mentioned earlier as a completely different incarnation that isn't the same as the ones Clark remembered (though option one would be preferable for simplicity's sake). If its a situation where Clark never was with them as Superboy period, and the concept is basically brand new and their one and only Superboy was/is/and will be Jon, screw that. With the most gigantic screw you can find.
    From the way it’s been worded, this will be the first time Clark and this LoSH meet. That’s why they’re in the 32nd century and not the 31st or 30th. So I don’t think Clark was a member which makes me very unhappy.
    I have no problem with political nuance. Nuance being key. Weave it into your plot in a subtle way. Any idiot can just do a call out like this, its just annoying. If this is how its going to be then I'm out.
    Yeah you might want to sit this one out lol. I don’t think Rucka is going to hold back.

Good god. I literally just went from being intrigued by a story direction (Superman/Clark/Lois) to basically being devastated in a matter of hours.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe Clark, despite having no prior experience with this (the Rebirth) version of the LOH, allows Jon to join them based on Clark's experience with his legion.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If they wanted to say, make this a new version of the Legion different than the one Clark had adventures with, fine. If its just simply the one and only Legion, this is the first Superman's seen of them before and they want Jon...I'll be honest it'll make me want to drop the books in protest. That's how offensive the very idea is to me. There is no spinning that as a good thing for the mythos.
    Unfortunately for you my friend--and I say this with zero snark or ill-will--that's exactly what they're doing, and I think it's brilliant for the Legion. Jon, the Legion, and the prospective fans are the priority in this situation more than any other. Clark'll miss out on the often underused (if your name isn't Johns or Morrison) Legion connection, and I think he'll live. I don't mind the idea that we reimagine it as Clark's son's crazy future people friends. Just one big easy to understand metaphor for tomorrow that actually gives Clark largely the same feelings of "everything's going to be all right" that they used to.

That said, as a fan of Superman with my sensibilities, I very much appreciate the idea that Bendis is doing everything in his power to still make Clark a big part of the Legion outside of Jon in the form him starting the United Planets in the modern day, and also still being the inspiration.

I know that's gonna rustle some jimmies, but I think it's a good move.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-26-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Don't worry, I know you mean no ill-intent, you're just delivering the info. But just wow. What a slap in the face to the character of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent. Gotta admit feeling pretty betrayed right now. Ironically enough I'm actually with Jon fans now, if for completely different reasons.

Gonna need some time to stew. I'm not at 2016 levels of devastation when Rebirth was announced, but its not a good feeling nonetheless.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-26-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Jon doesn't need it though. He was perfectly awesome just playing in the backyard with Damian. He doesn't need to do Clark's thing. I definitely think it's a miscalculation on Bendis's part.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Mighty Member

Just wow. What a slap in the face to the character of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent. Gotta admit feeling pretty betrayed right now. Ironically enough I'm actually with Jon fans now, if for completely different reasons.
    Welcome to the cause, comrade.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The reason I like the LoSH having that connection with Clark is that it provides him friends who aren’t JL members, because God knows how utterly sick I am of him being forced to be Batman’s dumb muscle every time those two team up. But they are making an effort to push Jimmy and the Daily Planet again, so I don’t know. Right now though I feel the same as Sacred: Pissed that they’re cutting off the LOSH from Clark AGAIN. But hey maybe this reboot will fail like all the other reboots failed that didn’t include Clark. Maybe Johns will get his **** together and do a Black Label book with his version of the LoSH and Clark. But right now between the terrible hairstyles and the breaking of bonds I’m not happy.

I mean, is Jon going to be the inspiration now too? That's another big thing along side the adventures and just as important, that Superman was their inspiration. I mean I guess you could work it in that Superman is still their inspiration via this working toward the UP thing, and that would mean a little something, but it still wouldn't be everything. The friendships and adventures are still lost and that's still no good.

I mean, is Jon going to be the inspiration now too? That's another big thing along side the adventures and just as important, that Superman was their inspiration. I mean I guess you could work it in that Superman is still their inspiration via this working toward the UP thing, and that would mean a little something, but it still wouldn't be everything. The friendships and adventures are still lost and that's still no good.
    No Clark will still be the inspiration, at least that’s my guess. Those dreams that Supes and Zod have both had have pointed towards the LoSH being inspired by Supes founding the United Planets in the present day. They’re just picking Jon because he’s their age as opposed to the adult Clark.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Jon doesn't need it though. He was perfectly awesome just playing in the backyard with Damian. He doesn't need to do Clark's thing. I definitely think it's a miscalculation on Bendis's part.
    We'll see, right? I mean, we feel the way we feel, but we ultimately don't know. The Legion isn't really enough of a mainstream thing for people displeased with the idea that it's a hard reboot with no Clark as Superboy to attribute this as something being "stolen." And this is being set up in a way that it's being geared towards a modern sensibility and audience for the good of inviting as many prospective fans as possible. And I think having Jon, a character who has no real predetermined future expectations attached to him, as part of this idea of an "Ultimate" take is a sound idea for himself and the Legion.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.