Page 446 of 613 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The description of the volume collecting issues 16-21 of Bendis/Reis' Superman contains a little spoiler about the direction after the current arc will wrap-up:

spoilers:
    "Superboy's world will change forever when the Legion of super-hero affairs arrives and offers him a job in the future! A new look debuts for this all-new adventure!

Meanwhile, when the organization that had a hand in destroying Krypton is exposed, Superman is elected to a job he never wanted... president of Earth!"
    end of spoilers

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781401299699

Oh I am DEFINITELY going to be reading that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh I am DEFINITELY going to be reading that lol.
    For me, it has kind of "trainwreck" vibe. I want to know what happens, but I definitely don't want to see it myself. At least not until/unless I know everyone's okay.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The description of the volume collecting issues 16-21 of Bendis/Reis' Superman contains a little spoiler about the direction after the current arc will wrap-up:

spoilers:
    "Superboy's world will change forever when the Legion of super-hero affairs arrives and offers him a job in the future! A new look debuts for this all-new adventure!

Meanwhile, when the organization that had a hand in destroying Krypton is exposed, Superman is elected to a job he never wanted... president of Earth!"
    end of spoilers

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781401299699
    Someone wanna pick up that phone, because I FREAKIN CALLED IT!!!

Superlad is always right eventually. I am....inevitable.

I'm so got damn hype for everything now!!!! Like, this legitimately made me jump in the air lol

Side note: Notice how it's described as a "job" for Jon rather than "a new life" or "a chance to live in the future." That seems to indicate he will be going back and forth form the past and the future. I'm also kind of super in favor of the Legion now being called The Legion of Super-Hero Affairs.

Ha, just realized Jon's new look now gets contextualized as his actual "work clothes." That's kind of awesome.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-18-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I feel like Bendis, for all his faults, is pushing the Superman mythology forward and its a good thing in my book. I've said it before, his writing is so-so but some of his ideas have me really excited. I was doing a quick run down of the milestones Clark hits since he was introduced and for a guy that just over four score years old, you can count on one hand plus one his big moments (give or take). His crashing in Smallville, becoming Superman, joining the DP, dying, marrying Lois, siring Jon. Bendis is keeping in flowing and I love that he's basically laying the foundation that made Clark the inspiration and revered hero of the 30-32nd century LOSHs (even though I've never read a single book about them). For this alone I hope Bendis' succeeds (a relative term, perhaps). I just want to add another milestone to Superman's story as opposed to only speaking about it in futuristic, and somewhat intangible terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I'm so got damn hype for everything now!!!! Like, this legitimately made me jump in the air lol

Side note: Notice how it's described as a "job" for Jon rather than "a new life" or "a chance to live in the future." That seems to indicate he will be going back and forth form the past and the future. I'm also kind of super in favor of the Legion now being called The Legion of Super-Hero Affairs.

Ha, just realized Jon's new look now gets contextualized as his actual "work clothes." That's kind of awesome.
    Personally that just seems like a silly way of making the Legion's name "official." I don't see anybody really using it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I feel like Bendis, for all his faults, is pushing the Superman mythology forward and its a good thing in my book. I've said it before, his writing is so-so but some of his ideas have me really excited. I was doing a quick run down of the milestones Clark hits since he was introduced and for a guy that just over four score years old, you can count on one hand plus one his big moments (give or take). His crashing in Smallville, becoming Superman, joining the DP, dying, marrying Lois, siring Jon. Bendis is keeping in flowing and I love that he's basically laying the foundation that made Clark the inspiration and revered hero of the 30-32nd century LOSHs (even though I've never read a single book about them). For this alone I hope Bendis' succeeds (a relative term, perhaps). I just want to add another milestone to Superman's story as opposed to only speaking about it in futuristic, and somewhat intangible terms.
    I remember when the New 52 hit and they talked about keeping the “important stories” in canon which for Batman basically meant everything, and for Superman meant only his Death. Bendis looks like he wants to give Superman another big milestone and I’m all for it.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Can't really express how thrilled I am with this idea. In this era we've had since Bendis come on we've seen basically every other major character have something new added to them, and while I've been just over the moon with Bendis doing strong normal Clark/Superman stuff for this past year, I'm totally down for some of that new energy to hit the big guy directly. This is totally the sort of thing I've been needing from the main Superman title.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally that just seems like a silly way of making the Legion's name "official." I don't see anybody really using it.
    I mean, I'm sure they'll regularly just call them the Legion, but something about the name, Bendis history and love for organizations in comic universes, and the fact that it's framed as a straight up job offer to Jon makes me think it'll run be run maybe a little closer to an organization of some sort. Again, I really dig how Jon's new suit is technically his work clothes. The kid's literally gonna have to make a commute to work for his first job. That really hits my imagination in just the right way.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Please DC: DON'T drop the ball New Krypton style, once again.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Please DC: DON'T drop the ball New Krypton style, once again.
    Well between the new Superman editorial office and the fact that Bendis is the “JMS” writer in this situation, so this is his big story I’m allowing myself to feel just a little bit optimistic.

Well between the new Superman editorial office and the fact that Bendis is the “JMS” writer in this situation, so this is his big story I’m allowing myself to feel just a little bit optimistic.
    I'd rather the ball be dropped, because I hate most what Bendis has done during his run. I don't like his characterization of Clark. I hate his characterization of Lois. I dislike Lois and Clark being in separate places. I hate the age-up of Jon.

I did kinda like Red Cloud and more DP. But I'd rather just go back to before his run started and pretend it never happened.

Favorite post I've seen from you in ages. That gif! lol

I have my reservations about pulling the Legion out of Clark's origin (again) as you know.....but yeah, I am so all over Jon in the Legion and Bendis pushing Clark into that bright future we know he helped build. About gods damn time! This sounds awesome!

If only Clark's story didn't have to take a hit for it.....but "Superman, President of Earth" just might actually balance the scales! Sh*t, it might actually tip them further into "hell yeah" territory, if this actually sticks and can become a reliable source of narratives!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd rather the ball be dropped, because I hate most what Bendis has done during his run. I don't like his characterization of Clark. I hate his characterization of Lois. I dislike Lois and Clark being in separate places. I hate the age-up of Jon.

I did kinda like Red Cloud and more DP. But I'd rather just go back to before his run started and pretend it never happened.
    I know. There are quite a few people who are obsessed with erasing the Bendis run and just telling “comfy” nuclear Superfamily stories. But I’m not one of them and I frankly hope that everything besides the Jon Age-Up sticks. This is a far more interesting status quo for Superman than him living on a farm again. He’s actually doing stuff that lets him earn his status as the “greatest Super Hero” rather than it be mere lip service while Batman is the one who actually does all the cool stuff.

Mighty Member

I know. There are quite a few people who are obsessed with erasing the Bendis run and just telling “comfy” nuclear Superfamily stories. But I’m not one of them and I frankly hope that everything besides the Jon Age-Up sticks. This is a far more interesting status quo for Superman than him living on a farm again. He’s actually doing stuff that lets him earn his status as the “greatest Super Hero” rather than it be mere lip service while Batman is the one who actually does all the cool stuff.
    I'm not sure it's any better now, to be honest. I mean there is literally an event going on now that basically Superman going, "Hey, I know I was dealing with these Levianthan guys first, but I'm going to get out of here and let Batman and Lois take the lead on this whole thing instead." I don't have a problem with that myself personally. I just don't really see how what's going on right now earns him the status of "greatest Super Hero" and more than Supes living on a farm did. I mean, I feel like Scott Snyder has done more to show that aspect of Clark in the pages of Justice League than either Tomasi or Bendis have done.

And I wouldn't necessarily call the stories we were getting comfy. Maybe in the one the page sense, but from a production sense, having a Superfamily be a family was actually one the most unique things DC has done in their mainstream line in recent years. A more amazing sight given DC editorial's known dislike of marriage and Superheroes being happy. In my mind, that's the more daring way to go. This just seems like closer to default, which to me, isn't as exciting.

I will say, as one of the Jon fans who really dislikes the age-up, I actually agree with you. I have no interest in the whole Bendis run being retconned out of existence. The Jon stuff, yes. Though my head is also teaming with about the thousand workarounds that bring back 10-year-old Jon without getting rid of Bendis's use of him either. He's introduced too many things I find interesting to get rid of. There are a couple additional things I'd like tweeked, but I'm not looking for Bendis to be erased. Just the Jon age-up.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I enjoyed Superman: Rebirth a lot myself, but it was mostly a continuation of Tomasi’s also excellent B&R New 52 series which was also about a father and son superhero team-up where the dad tries to teach the son and the son tries to connect with his father. Lois was pretty ancillary for most of the run, not to say that she didn’t have some good moments but it was mostly a Superman & Son team-up. What makes me excited about “President Superman of Earth” is that it’s a Superman story in a way that it could never be a Batman story or another hero story. It’s a story that only Superman could star in. Now obviously Bendis could totally botch the job and for many he already has, but the idea gets me excited in a way that “yeah we’re going back to Superman living on a farm” just doesn’t right now.

And Superman frankly can’t survive another blank slate reboot. If you as a writer are unhappy with Superman’s current status quo write a story that organically changes it. Don’t say “I hate that Superman is at Status A so we’re going to shift him to Status B and wipe away Status A and pretend Status A never happened”. Because once you’ve let one writer do that, EVERY writer is going to see it as an option and nothing gets built on. Morrison is drawing on the fact that Hal’s history has never gotten rebooted to tell his TGL run. Williamson has used New 52 Flash stuff in his Flash run. KSD is respecting the New 52 and Rebirth Aquaman runs to tell her story. Ewing took Hulk, a character who has been in really bad stories for pretty much all of the 2010s and is using that history to launch Hulk to unseen heights of popularity. There’s ways to clear out the stuff that’s unpopular without rebooting the franchise AGAIN.

I mean, I'm sure they'll regularly just call them the Legion, but something about the name, Bendis history and love for organizations in comic universes, and the fact that it's framed as a straight up job offer to Jon makes me think it'll run be run maybe a little closer to an organization of some sort. Again, I really dig how Jon's new suit is technically his work clothes. The kid's literally gonna have to make a commute to work for his first job. That really hits my imagination in just the right way.
    Personally I'm not really sure about re-framing the Legion as that much of an official organization or as a "job" for Jon, personally.

It doesn't really jive with some of the covers or art we've seen of it either.

But I guess it would be a good way of differentiating the Legion of Clark's youth with Jon's.