Page 448 of 613 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 9194

Sales could always fall enough to the point he gets replaced, and there’s always behind the scenes stuff going on that could cause plans to change. If DC does indeed plan on putting him on Batman with issue 100 that could be the end point of his Superman tenure, or at least force him off one of the books. Issue 25 on both Superman and Action could be an ending point, but I don’t think that’s his plan for right now at least. Issue 50 on both does seem more reasonable.

Mighty Member

Honestly, looking at his bibliography Bendis tends to stay with properties for quite a while. 5 or 6 year stints on a title aren't unusual. As much as I'd like him to give up the Superman title (not Action Comics) and let someone else handle certain characters, I think we're in for the long haul, short of DC demanding a change due to low sales.
    Last edited by Sam; 07-22-2019 at 04:06 AM.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I feel the "President of Earth" thing will be more a title cosmic beings bestow on him and not one he takes seriously. He's already it's champion, the one cosmic entities come to topple to prove their might. I imagine this is just going to be more of that. I doubt that while on Earth he'll be doing much differently.

For what it's worth, outside perhaps Diana, I don't see anyone getting the approval from the DCU as a whole for this position other than Clark.

Execution matters. If he's actually going to be president to the people as well, I see this as DC using it to deconstruct him in other books by saying "look what happened on his watch." I trust Bendis. I don't trust DC editorial and other writers at large. Hopefully this goes well. Still really enjoying the Bendis Superman era, though.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-22-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I'm completely off the Bendis bandwagon.

Still buying the issues because there IS some interesting stuff. None of it pertaining to Clark, Lois, or Jon (and I hope Old Jor-El not only dies, but gets completely erased from existence).

Really, all I can do is wait. And wonder:

What's the earliest possible eventual EXIT point for Bendis from the Superverse?

SUPERMAN #25? #50? #100?

Can't see him sticking around here through 100 issues. #25 seems too good to be true.

Issue #50 is probably the most ikely endpoint scenario.

The sooner this Bendis Superverse Era ends, the better, IMO.
    I think at the very least his run will last until Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen maxi series reach their 12th issues, since those comics are synced in with Bendis run pretty well.

So next July around this time is probably your best chance of him leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I feel the "President of Earth" thing will be more a title cosmic beings bestow on him and not one he takes seriously. He's already it's champion, the one cosmic entities come to topple to prove their might. I imagine this is just going to be more of that. I doubt that while on Earth he'll be doing much differently.

For what it's worth, outside perhaps Diana, I don't see anyone getting the approval from the DCU as a whole for this position other than Clark.

Execution matters. If he's actually going to be president to the people as well, I see this as DC using it to deconstruct him in other books by saying "look what happened on his watch." I trust Bendis. I don't trust DC editorial and other writers at large. Hopefully this goes well. Still really enjoying the Bendis Superman era, though.
    I’m guessing he forms the United Planets and then he’s basically told that if he wants this organization to last he’s going to have to do the grunt work himself to get it up and running. I wonder if there will be a vote?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

SUPERMAN #16
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by DAVID LAFUENTE
    cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by JASON MASTERS
    "The Super Sons are back! But now Jon is five years older, and he’s sitting on the biggest decision of his young life. Damian and Jon team up again for a rip-roaring adventure and a huge catch-up! These two best buds have really needed each other, and now they are back!"
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-22-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Action sounds cool, looking forward to see what happens with the Invisible Mafia out in the open. Superman will be a break month for me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-22-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

SUPERMAN #17
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and SEAN PARSONS
    acetate cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    "Superman’s new Fortress of Solitude sits in the most remote corner of the Bermuda Triangle. Constructed using Kryptonian technology far beyond anything our world knows, filled with intergalactic, pan-dimensional secrets from all over the Multiverse...how could it possibly be missing?"
    ON SALE 11.13.19

ACTION COMICS #1017
    art by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    acetate cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    card stock variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    “Invisible War” part one! It’s one of the biggest creator reunions in years as writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist John Romita Jr. join forces for the first time since their blockbuster turns on Avengers and Avengers Vs. X-Men. In this issue, it’s all-out war on the streets of Metropolis—and at the end of this epic there will be a huge change to the status quo of the world of Superman—you do not want to miss this!
    ON SALE 11.27.19

YOUNG JUSTICE #9
    art by JOHN TIMMS and ANDRE LIMA
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Card stock variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    Oh man! Lost in the Multiverse with no way home, the teens of Young Justice find themselves trapped on a dark world that was once run by the evil Justice League known as the Crime Syndicate, but is now run by their younger, more feral, more anarchic counterparts…the Young @#$@#$@! They are not nice. All this and finally, the truth behind…Teen Lantern.
    ON SALE 10.02.19
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-22-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

How come October and November coming in at the same time?

Speaking of, November sounds much much cooler.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

That Superman solicitation is strange. Is it saying that Jon is 15 or 16, not 17? Or is it retconning things so Jon was 12 when he left. Either would not surprise me. Bendis has been really inconsistent with a lot of Jon stuff. It’s like he keeps changing his mind.
    Currently Reading:

ACTION COMICS #1016
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    Clark Kent, defender of the truth! The Daily Planet is under siege as the streets of Metropolis prepare for a gang war! The invisible mafia is invisible no more—and the streets of Metropolis will burn if the truth does not get out. All this, and another dive into the secrets of DC’s newest teen sensation…Naomi!
    ON SALE 10.23.19

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: MILLENNIUM #2
    art by NICOLA SCOTT, JIM CHEUNG, JEFF DEKAL and RYAN SOOK
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    Get on board for a journey through the future like no other! A gallery of all-star artists join our mysterious guide as they continue their 1,000-year journey toward the 31st century, inspiring Booster Gold to time-travel, debating fighting tactics with O.M.A.C. and making their way to the front door of the Legion of Super-Heroes. The DC event of the future is here now!
    ON SALE 10.02.19

Mighty Member

Yeah, where did those November ones come from?
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That Superman solicitation is strange. Is it saying that Jon is 15 or 16, not 17? Or is it retconning things so Jon was 12 when he left. Either would not surprise me. Bendis has been really inconsistent with a lot of Jon stuff. It’s like he keeps changing his mind.
    He was 11 when he left Earth, so he could've been nearly 12. No big deal. To my knowledge both Bendis and the characters in the story have mostly just said he's "about 17" anyways.

November stuff https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-c...citations.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He was 11 when he left Earth, so he could've been nearly 12. No big deal. To my knowledge both Bendis and the characters in the story have mostly just said he's "about 17" anyways.

November stuff https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-c...citations.html
    No, it’s something. Not a big deal so much as a curiosity. Like I said, it’s not the first time something like this has happened. Just curious why it is happening.
    Currently Reading: