Page 45 of 613 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It needs to become standard that the belt loops are slightly slanted. I don't know why it looks good, but it does.
    Agreed. The new costume is definitely not just the old costume, but with wrist cuffs. The belt is different. The S-Shield is slightly raised and molded similarly to the Superman Returns suit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. The new costume is definitely not just the old costume, but with wrist cuffs. The belt is different. The S-Shield is slightly raised and molded similarly to the Superman Returns suit.
    Agreed. The SR belt was angled also had the red loops slightly slanted, if I recall correctly.

It actually looks almost exactly like way the trunks were drawn in Superman Unbound. Slanted loops, and a slightly larger buckle that stands out a bit more.

SupUnbC_06875.jpg
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It needs to become standard that the belt loops are slightly slanted. I don't know why it looks good, but it does.
    I think putting a curve at the top of the trunks makes them look better too. But, I still don’t like this look for the trunks. If they absolutely had to bring them back, why not the ones that look like short shorts? Those trunks looked good, outdated compared to Superman’s fellow heroes, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Man of Steel #1 cover in color
    Attachment 62486
    I think Reis is the first artist to really make the return of the trunks work for me .

I was thinking the same thing. I hope everyone else notices these small details and copies them.

The trunks aren't a deal breaker for me either way, but seeing them again after so many years.....they don't look right to me anymore. Reis makes it work better than anyone I've seen has so far, though that's admittedly a short list.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Because it is "V" shape slant which adheres to a more trim streamlined athletic build!

What's Bendis' track record with creating new villains? I've only read his work in Ultimate Spider-Man and Torso, and those didn't really allow for him to flex that muscle.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Possible big-ish news:

On Doc's insta he's been posing pics for his issue of MOS. There are two pics, and they've both been close ups of Superman's shield. But there's something strange....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bev5EVmn...-by=doc_shaner

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfa5UiyH...-by=doc_shaner

Notice how the first S is the modern one we've seen in the new post-1000 suit, but the second one is decidedly retro. And this doesn't seem to be a mistake either. Doc seems to playfully say "Ah shoot, still not drawing that S right" when talking about a full color render.

So are we seeing different iterations of Superman in time maybe? That S is from 1941. The bubble ended S has been there since 1978 or thereabouts. Maybe Bendis is canonizing even older versions of the suit in an attempt to expand an incorporate not unlike Morrison's Batman? I mean, even the outlined borders of the shield are straight out of 1941.

In any case, it's an interesting thing to think about.

Edit:

Possibly even this guy.

Last edited by Superlad93; 02-23-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I'd love for at least the tone and feel for previous eras to be back in play while retaining the progress, Bendis could have all kinds of fun with Silver Age fun nonsense, at least in Superman, with all the street stuff in Action

Outsider's perspective. It's totally possible that Bendis has been thinking of how to make Superman's whole history work while he's been at Marvel basically doing the same for characters made in the 60s. I point back to Alias and his interpretation of Rick Jones' strange life as a super hero groupie. Marvel's been doing the whole "everything counts basically, but try not to get too hung up on dates or fashions of the time" till recently.

Maybe Bendis is gonna come at Superman with that same sort of eye and turn it into character progression like he did with Rick? This whole time, wouldn't it be funny if the key was just an outsider's perspective on the whole thing?

It could also be a picture of classic Earth 2 Superman. That would be an everything counts bombshell too given where Earth 2 is at now.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This would be highly acceptable to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The level of ambition Bendis is going for with this run has possible gone way up between this and the inspired idea for the use of each book.

This also makes whatever story he's doing for Action Comics 1000 that much more interesting. I mean, if his run will contain pretty direct callbacks to classic Superman stories in an everything counts sort of way, or will use Earth 2 Superman, or both, then it stands to reason that he'd put in some of that specifically for the big 1000 issue celebration, no? That would be the logical place to start that sort of stuff while keeping within the idea of it being a celebration, I feel.

This also makes me very confidant that the Legion and Superboy will be firmly part of Superman's history.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-23-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Doc says in the first post that that isn't from MOS. For the second though, if that was after when Doc said on Twitter or Tumblr that he hadn't posted anything from it yet, then yeah, that's very interesting...

EDIT: Seems the latter was only posted a couple days ago, so yeah, interesting's the word.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 02-23-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Buh-bye