Page 452 of 613 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 9194

I want to say something so bad 'but imma keep it cute' as the internet says.

Very excited about what the solicits showed, at the speed at which Bendis writes things, I wish he did a project manga style aka every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The past two issues have been kind of serving two masters. Bendis has been advancing the Action Comics story while also tying into Event Leviathan, which creates kind of a disjointedness. I can't say I've really...understood the Event Leviathan tie-ins. Since Leviathan Rising ended I mean. They seem weirdly unnecessary and they confused the timeline since Superman is supposed to be in space during Event Leviathan. It's slowing the stuff I'm more interested in down.
    They do seem kinda unnecessary, at least in Action, but what do I know. I started reading Action a few issues before Event Leviathan was hinted at in Action.

I'm just struggling to care about the smoke character and the Thorn/Rose girl. The plot is moving along with them more than Clark and I'm so "eh" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, normally I'd groan over "Lois Lane -- ENEMY OF SUPERMAN" and given DC Editorial's storied hatred of superhero marriages (especially Lois and Clark), I should... But Bendis really doesn't seem like he's going in that route and I'm interested to see what's between the covers. I like the idea of the variant being the other side of the image. Novel concept.

I'm not going to lie, I was reeling a bit reading these solicitations (granted, they're bloated this time around). There's so much Superman product on the shelf coming up and I'm really excited to see that. It's been a long time and even if you don't like what Bendis has been doing in Superman proper, that he's brought so much life to Clark's corner is a real boon for the character.

I hope Damien takes a moment to confide in Jon regarding the whole Ric Grayson thing. His older brother and potentially preferred father figure/mentor doesn't even remember him after a life-threatening injury-- that's rough, and though he wants everyone to think he's as stoic as they come, Damien really isn't. Jon is the other person he's been able to get close to and currently the only one of two who has returned and resembles himself. It'd be a great moment of development for Damien, affirm their friendship and be a genuinely good moment for both the boys.

Then I want them to punch a giant gorilla.

What?

Is Damian even aware of what happened to Dick? We've not had confirmation but I'd rather Bendis keep the reunion light. He hasn't quite got a handle on writing Damian [as we saw in Leviathan].

I would prefer if it was more Jon filling him in on his adventures.

Pic of Bendis Legion from the upcoming Seth Meyers show:
    A02043EE-8D0D-4A3B-9097-0E44FC1FA114.jpg

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Bigger version of the above.

Apparently a bunch of changes and confirms.

1. Triplicate Girl confirmed

2. Ultra Boy confirmed

3. Colossal Boy confirmed

4. Possible Mon-El and Dream Girl thing going on...

5. Lightning Lad is apparently black now. Or maybe it's his brother?

6. Bouncing Boy is white again (he was for sure black and had like blue and yellow cornrows on the cover of Millennium issue 2)

7. Timber Wolf confirmed and on a bulking diet. There's a bear joke in here somewhere.

8. Full shot of Wildfire

9. Few new faces (Doctor Fate of the 32nd century??)

10. Is that a "gold lantern"??

11. Superboy's current suit, but with some slight changes to it (namely the boots). The scar seems to be removed.

Bendis did say that all of the images we were seeing before were not the final product. Even the covers. All in all, the hype continues to rise.

Edit: On closer inspection, this seems to be from Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium issue 2. If you look carefully at the bottom right corner of the image near the hand of the person holding it, you'll see what seems to be our protagonist of Legion: Millennium. So, this is likely taking place just as Jon has joined. That likely explains why he's still in his current outfit.

Also, the girl in blue and white next to Ultra Boy seems to have gotten a darker skin tone and hair color. She used to be white and blond. Also I know question if Mon-El is in fact of Indian descent, and that slightly bummed me out. Still hope Dispenser of Truth's theory about him being an actual descendant (think Laurel Kent or Kent Shakespeare) is true.

Last edited by Superlad93; 07-25-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

BMB on Seth Meyers' Late Show:

Is that a new Fate just behind Saturn Girl and Shadow Lass?

That's the kind of "legacy" I want the Legion to have. There should be a few familiar names and artifacts in the 31st/32nd century; a West/Allen running around as the Flash (where's XS?), an immortal Amazon princess or two, Fate's helmet, etc. Just enough to make the Legion feel truly connected to the present day DCU, yknow?

Can't say I'm really feeling the black Lightning Lad. Maybe it's just because Black Lightning casts such a big shadow but I feel like a lot of black heroes control lightning. It feels like its either that or they're tech based....not terribly original yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Don't really like that the designs and revisions still feel fluid at this stage. The Legion might end up with a few stoic black guys with mechanical skills and a few electric black guys at that. My only request is that the bald head with goatee combo is limited to one character.

I really liked XS myself.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Should’ve made Cosmic Boy black and Lightning Lad Asian. Really tired of the black hero with electric powers cliche, but otherwise I have no problem with the race changes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Should’ve made Cosmic Boy black and Lightning Lad Asian. Really tired of the black hero with electric powers cliche, but otherwise I have no problem with the race changes.
    Well, we know Bendis wanted to use Static on Young Justice, but wasn't allowed to use him. What are the chances he's basing Lightning Lad on Static?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Well, we know Bendis wanted to use Static on Young Justice, but wasn't allowed to use him. What are the chances he's basing Lightning Lad on Static?
    ...zero? The two have nothing in common besides I guess being black men with electric powers.

Mighty Member

...zero? The two have nothing in common besides I guess being black men with electric powers.
    Yes, but Bendis was known at Marvel for changing characters to suit his story, wasn't he? I know the characters aren't supposed to have much in common, but given the fact that Bendis is relaunching the whole thing, it could be possible.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

It's not even just black heroes with electric powers. Why are redhead characters always race-bent into black characters ?

Yes, but Bendis was known at Marvel for changing characters to suit his story, wasn't he? I know the characters aren't supposed to have much in common, but given the fact that Bendis is relaunching the whole thing, it could be possible.
    Feels like a stretch, especially considering Bendis never wanted to put Static on LoSH. Also we’re still not sure if the black guy is the exact same Lightning Lad, there’s a white Lightning Lad showing up in Superman soon after all.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

there’s a white Lightning Lad showing up in Superman soon after all.
    The images from issue 16 of Superman and issue 2 of Millennium were apparently not finalized. Bendis made a point to say that when the cover we saw from Millennium issue #2 came out.

The likelihood of it being Lightning Lad actually goes up pretty high once you notice the girl next to Ultra Boy. She's very likely Light Lass aka Ayla Ranzz sister of Garth Ranzz aka Lightning Lad. In all the earlier images she including the cover for Millennium 2 she was white and blond, but now, similar to Lightning Lad, she's black.

So it's pretty likely that's Lightning Lad, and the covers for Millennium 2 and Superman 16 will be adjusted to reflect the final looks.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.