Page 46 of 613 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Fascinating.

Someone brought up that the pointy teeth guy from the MOS mini has an atomic axe looking thing. That go me thinking that with Bendis being super into the Legion, now actively using Supergirl and Superboy in his run, the Legion coming back into play, and Phantom Girl's ancestor being in present DCU, it's totally possible that the framing device for this six issue mini will be time travel. That might be where the retro S comes from, and the vehicle for Bendis to both get a definitive recap on the history of Superman, and "uncover" some hidden truths that will be followed up in his run.

It's a thought.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

If your theory pans out, It does feel like time travel is being a tad overused in the comics, we're just about done with "Booster Shot" as it is.

Might want to take a breather for a bit after this.

BANNED

I've always been ok with Superman being around since 1938 and being a hero over ages of heroes.maybe they will go this route,but have the modern Superman just time travel to do these things.like a 1st appearrnace in 1938 as Superman,and so on.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If your theory pans out, It does feel like time travel is being a tad overused in the comics, we're just about done with "Booster Shot" as it is.

Might want to take a breather for a bit after this.
    To be fair, given how infrequently time travel is ever used in Superman these days to begin with, and how important time will be till Doomsday Clock 12 hits, I'm not really burnt out yet. Plus, the Legion has apparently come looking for Superman, and it seems DC's looking to reintegrate them, so I'm still expecting more to come.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So long as he doesn't screw it up like he did X-men i am ok with it...but at the first sign of him messing with continuity i am bailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So long as he doesn't screw it up like he did X-men i am ok with it...but at the first sign of him messing with continuity i am bailing.
    There isn't really a solid continuity bible for Superman these days, especially since they recently took New 52 Superman's continuity and a version of pre-Flashpoint Superman's continuity and mashed them all together in Superman Reborn not too long ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There isn't really a solid continuity bible for Superman these days, especially since they recently took New 52 Superman's continuity and a version of pre-Flashpoint Superman's continuity and mashed them all together in Superman Reborn not too long ago . . .
    It's true that there's a whole lot of empty space in Super-continuity right now. Parts of post-Crisis, some pre-Crisis elements here and there, a few slivers of New52, some brand new things worked into the past that never existed in any former version (mainly Jon)....yet we know damn little about this version's past. There's actually a lot of room for Bendis to move in without contradicting what passes for continuity at the moment.

If he can manage that, and not outright break what little we have for a timeline, I'll accept it. Im actually more worried about what Johns will do in Doomsday Clock than I am Bendis right now. Bendis got to play by his own rules at Marvel, but Johns is the shot-caller at DC and Bendis will have to work around those plans.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's true that there's a whole lot of empty space in Super-continuity right now. Parts of post-Crisis, some pre-Crisis elements here and there, a few slivers of New52, some brand new things worked into the past that never existed in any former version (mainly Jon)....yet we know damn little about this version's past. There's actually a lot of room for Bendis to move in without contradicting what passes for continuity at the moment.

If he can manage that, and not outright break what little we have for a timeline, I'll accept it. Im actually more worried about what Johns will do in Doomsday Clock than I am Bendis right now. Bendis got to play by his own rules at Marvel, but Johns is the shot-caller at DC and Bendis will have to work around those plans.
    It'd be cool if Bendis gave a reason for why Superman uses the new 52 suit after his fight with Doomsday, since we still don't know why he randomly changed to the armor costume in this continuity.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-23-2018 at 08:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It'd be cool if Bendis gave a reason for Superman uses the new 52 suit after his fight with Doomsday, since we still don't know why he randomly changed to the armor costume in this continuity.
    Instead of the black healing suit,he picks the new 52 suit,that's one way to tell it.superman put new 52 Kon in the suit when he was coming apart at the seams,so it could work for superman after his death also

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Instead of the black healing suit,he picks the new 52 suit,that's one way to tell it.superman put new 52 Kon in the suit when he was coming apart at the seams,so it could work for superman after his death also
    That would make sense, but they likely want to continue to have the black suit in continuity for that time just for nostalgia sake. Your Kon idea is a good suggestion also.

I'd honestly be surprised if they acknowledge the New 52 suit to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm doubtful as well, but I'd rather they take it out of continuity if they are never going to reference that era but act like it's still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm doubtful as well, but I'd rather they take it out of continuity if they are never going to reference that era but act like it's still canon.
    All of this makes me wonder who and what type of "Superman" are we getting...is he different than the one now, or is an amalgamation composite of, married / single etc..?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The N52 suit was around when Lois announced she was pregnant with Jon in the revised timeline

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    All of this makes me wonder who and what type of "Superman" are we getting...is he different than the one now, or is an amalgamation composite of, married / single etc..?
    I doubt they'll eliminate the marriage AGAIN since they just returned it to his "continuity" not that long ago. (He was "never married" with the New 52 version, and it wasn't until Convergence Superman was brought into regular continuity with the Superman: Lois & Clark series from 2015-2016 that it came back.)