Page 470 of 613 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Remember this?

In light of the Batman rumors for 2020, this now takes on a potentially new and concerning context.

I'm now terrifying myself with thoughts of Superman retiring from active superhero duty coincidentally at the same time Bruce does, with this Earth President role as a contributing factor. I hate when I have terrible thoughts.
    This could be a thing. Weren't there rumours that wb is casting Michael b Jordan as val zod superman? I mean, their main superman didn't work two times now. They could be going for a different one now. Ofcourse synergy will kick in. They could replace clark.

So if any of y'all had to guess how much longer will this Bendis era last. All this controversy for the sake of controversy is exhausting, and truthfully Superman has been all over the place, just sloppy all around.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So if any of y'all had to guess how much longer will this Bendis era last.
    In Superman's world? Probably for quite some time. Years. In a recent Word Balloon interview Bendis said that he came to DC and Superman with the intention of doing what he as a fan would want any creator serious about the character to do: hunker down and really root in. And given how much stuff he's deliberately linking to Superman and having other creators link to Superman (the whole Wonder Comics line has links to Superman. Naomi's whole story starts because of him, the Wonder Twins work for him, and Dial H....well, I don't want to spoil it because it's amazing) it only becomes more and more clear he wasn't kidding.

Hell, the guy specifically called in favors from his friends (Fraction and Rucka) just to make the Superman line and universe a bigger place, and they apparently meet regularly to discuss plans for the Superman world.

So, yeah, from what we've seen and heard, it seems like it's gonna be a good long while.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In Superman's world? Probably for quite some time. Years. In a recent Word Balloon interview Bendis said that he came to DC and Superman with the intention of doing what he as a fan would want any creator serious about the character to do: hunker down and really root in. And given how much stuff he's deliberately linking to Superman and having other creators link to Superman (the whole Wonder Comics line has links to Superman. Naomi's whole story starts because of him, the Wonder Twins work for him, and Dial H....well, I don't want to spoil it because it's amazing) it only becomes more and more clear he wasn't kidding.

Hell, the guy specifically called in favors from his friends (Fraction and Rucka) just to make the Superman line and universe a bigger place, and they apparently meet regularly to discuss plans for the Superman world.

So, yeah, from what we've seen and heard, it seems like it's gonna be a good long while.
    Pity hopefully those purchases keep dropping.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I guess, we should have a moment of silence for Clark's legion. They were such nice young lads. Too bad they got erased at such a young age.
    Long live the legion!! Poor, poor saturn girl. Clark forgot her and legion like he always does with his legacy and extended family members.

Honestly, I’d put some money on a “black Batman being Bendis’ favorite” rumor to just be some smart ass comment from someone given he replaced Peter with Miles. BC would definitely run that snark particularly with Bwndis’ Name attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So if any of y'all had to guess how much longer will this Bendis era last. All this controversy for the sake of controversy is exhausting, and truthfully Superman has been all over the place, just sloppy all around.
    Unless sales drop to the point DC deems unacceptable Bendis is in it for the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Honestly, I’d put some money on a “black Batman being Bendis’ favorite” rumor to just be some smart ass comment from someone given he replaced Peter with Miles. BC would definitely run that snark particularly with Bwndis’ Name attached.
    Oh it totally is.
    Remember this?

In light of the Batman rumors for 2020, this now takes on a potentially new and concerning context.

I'm now terrifying myself with thoughts of Superman retiring from active superhero duty coincidentally at the same time Bruce does, with this Earth President role as a contributing factor. I hate when I have terrible thoughts.
    Well if it was Steel taking over for Clark I must confess that I would read the **** out of that lol! I love Irons going all the way back to Reign and as a kid I didn’t even mind him taking over for Supes full time. Still don’t. But 1. No one is ever replacing Batman or Superman forever, 2. You’re making a lot of assumptions like that “Black Batman” will actually happen and that DC would replace both characters at the same time, and 3. I actually have no clue how you lept from “Val will show up” to “Val is taking Clark’s place”. Val is on Earth 2, he’s not taking over for Clark on Earth 0. Relax Sacred there’s been no indication that what you’re afraid of is in the cards. Bendis has made a lot of promises he hasn’t delivered on, I still want him to deliver on a more diverse Metropolis for example. No need to cry wolf yet lol.

Wasn't Miles Morales an enormous hit, financially, critically, and with fans?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't Miles Morales an enormous hit, financially, critically, and with fans?
    Into the Spiderverse was all those things absolutely. Miles started strong in the comics imo, but after his mother died and Bendis did the big time skip that was when Miles started to just tread water. Sales were respectable but they never rereached the heights they once had and ultimately the Ultimate Universe got killed off. Most Miles fans I talked to were happy when Bendis finally left the book, he had just been mediocre for a long time and Miles fans felt he was stifling Miles. I don’t know how big a moneymaker Miles is but he was obviously important enough that he was one of two survivors of the Ultimate Universe so that counts for something.

As for the fans... well you know how it is. There were the people angry that Peter got killed off, and there were some racists, those guys hated Miles. But Miles has built a solid fanbase for himself and is probably the second most popular Spider after Peter.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-04-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Into the Spiderverse was all those things absolutely. Miles started strong in the comics imo, but after his mother died and Bendis did the big time skip that was when Miles started to just tread water. Sales were respectable but they never researched the heights they once had and ultimately the Ultimate Universe got killed off. Most Miles fans I talked to were happy when Bendis finally left the book, he had just been mediocre for a long time and Miles fans felt he was stifling Miles. I don’t know how big a moneymaker Miles is but he was obviously important enough that he was one of two survivors of the Ultimate Universe so that counts for something.

As for the fans... well you know how it is. There were the people angry that Peter got killed off, and there were some racists, those guys hated Miles. But Miles has built a solid fanbase for himself and is probably the second most popular Spider after Peter.
    it doesn't help the constant problems with the ultimate universe in general and the lack of excitement around besides wondering how Marvel would destroy the universe while keeping Miles around.

Remember this?

Eh, that's nothing to worry about. Even if that does happen, it won't last long. Replacements (almost) never do.

Since I'm not a big fan of Bruce, I got no real beef with Fox taking over for a stint (though really, how often has Bruce been replaced in recent years? That's a narrative that's getting worn thin I think). I'd hesitate to see Dick Grayson fill the role again, just because that's been done and it's not a direction I like for him (makes Nightwing feel like a stepping stone rather than it's own role), but still, as long as it's temporary? Why the hell not.

Clark? Well, obviously I'd never sit still for a permanent replacement *but* if Clark takes a break from superhero work so he can focus on other, worthwhile things (like running the planet and building the UP or whatever) I could be down for that. For a brief time. If Clark's still involved in the story but is leaving the day-to-day hero stuff to someone else it'd be fine.

Just not for more than a year. But this wouldn't likely last longer than that anyway.

Worry not Sacred, Clark Kent is too damn big a deal to be put on the shelf forever. Worst case scenario is he takes a short break.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Worry not Sacred, Clark Kent is too damn big a deal to be put on the shelf forever. Worst case scenario is he takes a short break.
    I mean he's president now. Gotta get those golf games in somewhere.

Man I’m praying Clark and Calvin Ellis get to have one conversation. The two of them could have a really interesting conversation about reconciling being Superman with taking on a political office.

Mighty Member

Ironically, Calvin Ellis is a great fictional politician name.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Having read Supergirl issue 33, it seems pretty apparent that Action Comics 1014 takes place after issue 33 of Supergirl, issue 3 and 4 of Lois Lane, and issues 14, 15, and 16 of Superman.

Going back and forth from space seems to now be a regular part of Clark's day to day life now. I'd love nothing more than to get a "day in the life" issue that takes us through one full day of Clark's life.

_________

It also has me considering the possibility that the creation of the United Planets is similar to what Leviathan is (or in the case of Marvel, what House of X and Powers of X are): better organization of a largely unkempt idea. DC's made no secret that the point of Leviathan was to basically round up and make sense of the largely unkempt secret agencies that littered DC. Well, DC's outer space is largely, for better or worse, a free for all. Always has been, as far as I know. This seems like it may be intended to bring some structure to it or at least provide a reference point.

And this isn't even the first time in recent memory DC's done this for its large concepts. In fact, it's not even the largest concept DC's done it with. Remember Grant Morrison's The Multiversity? That not only literally mapped the DCU's multiverse, but it also put in place a group of heroes that police it. And DC's stuck to the concept since its creation. You can see mentions of Justice Incarnate here and there. You can even see physical copies of the map in comics. There are even books being published based directly on the worlds from The Muliversity.

Modern DC's never been too shy about its unifying concepts. You got the emotional electromagnetic spectrum, speed force, the green, and the monitors.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.