Page 471 of 613 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 9194

I always saw Marvel Cosmic as the more chaotic one, DC Cosmic was the one that had the intergalactic police force with the Green Lantern Corps whereas the Marvel equivalent, the Novas, were killed off and never came back as far as I know. But one advantage to something like the United Planets is it lets you define Earth’s position in the galactic pecking order. Do the other worlds like/respect Earth? Just how strong are the other worlds in relation to Earth? It also lets you hopefully flesh out some of the worlds besides Thanagar, Krypton, and Raan which are basically the ONLY three worlds that get any focus.

Multiversity was great for mapping out the Multiverse because it led to more consistent usage of the other Earths. I’m hopeful that the United Planets will do that for Earth 0.

https://www.newsarama.com/46830-seco...ain-event.html

No recall this time. But they are pulling the YOTV cover from Superman #17 as well. Weird thing is, just last night Bendis tweeted that Lois & Clark were going to be talking about the box Luthor handed over in issue #17 and it "explodes" in Action Comics 1017.

Kinda annoyed, I really liked that cover with evil Lois.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/46830-seco...ain-event.html

No recall this time. But they are pulling the YOTV cover from Superman #17 as well. Weird thing is, just last night Bendis tweeted that Lois & Clark were going to be talking about the box Luthor handed over in issue #17 and it "explodes" in Action Comics 1017.
    Yeah, I caught that too. What do you suppose Lois and Clark are going to be discussing?

Since the Action and Superman books are divided into street and cosmic, I wonder how they'll converge? How does it converge when the invisible mafia is stuff is reach a boil, and the United Planets stuff is starting along with what is likely president Superman?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Might be related to how Leone has the car from Action Comics #1 in her collection apparently.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I totally forgot about that. Nice callback! The Action Comics #1 car has been featured pretty prominently whenever we get a glimpse at Leone's place. Plus, this the fact that Bendis has confirmed Val Zod.

Alternatively, it may be Clark and Lois talking through the idea of the responsibilities that the forming UP wants to place on Clark, and Action Comics somehow is the moment where the cat's let out of the bag on that idea and Superman is, in an impromptu fashion, literally elected president of Earth by popular demand.

My reasoning is that Action Comics is the book where you get to "take the public's pulse" so it would be out of the realm of possibility for that book to be where he's elected. Plus, if the shift is being designed to be as momentous as it seems, then I think a pretty good argument can be made for the importance of putting it in the book where it all started. Then since Superman is the more cosmic focused book, it can just roll with it. But it seems like both books are syncing up a bit more, so president Superman may not just be confined to Action. And thank God.

Action 1017 says "there will be a huge change to the status quo of the world of Superman-you do not want to miss this!"

Also worth noting that Bendis did call Action Comics a DC Universe centered book that featured Clark as one of its major protagonist. If the theory is true, hopefully introducing President Superman there is supposed to signify that the whole DCU will feel it as it should.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bendis has entwined books before, and this does feel like a perfect chance to sync the books up a little.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Bendis has entwined books before, and this does feel like a perfect chance to sync the books up a little.
    With how decompressed Bendis writes, it would actually be a good thing to have both books deal with the same story to actually advance the narrative at a quicker pace.

You know, I just realized that Bendis may be tweaking with something which always kind of low-key bothered me with the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Those guys herald from a thousand years after the present, and in the interval, Earth endured the Great Disaster, meaning that almost all of the knowledge of the past had to have been destroyed, and yet they seemed awfully able to know everything about it and be inspired by it. And I kind of always wondered how they did. What kind of trove of knowledge could truly inspire people a thousand years in the future to pick-up the legacy of the Age of Heroes from one single planet, divided, rife with tensions and on the verge of auto-destruction. It always kind of bothered me.

But now, Bendis is giving us an actual eyewitness, someone who'll have lived through the best and the worst times of Earth, who could vividly account for those thousand years, to explain what drove Earth to near annihilation. Rose and Thorn. Even if she isn't the one seeding the idea of the Legion in the future, I think her odyssey through the aeons will play an important role in its formation.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You know, I just realized that Bendis may be tweaking with something which always kind of low-key bothered me with the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Those guys herald from a thousand years after the present, and in the interval, Earth endured the Great Disaster, meaning that almost all of the knowledge of the past had to have been destroyed, and yet they seemed awfully able to know everything about it and be inspired by it. And I kind of always wondered how they did. What kind of trove of knowledge could truly inspire people a thousand years in the future to pick-up the legacy of the Age of Heroes from one single planet, divided, rife with tensions and on the verge of auto-destruction. It always kind of bothered me.

But now, Bendis is giving us an actual eyewitness, someone who'll have lived through the best and the worst times of Earth, who could vividly account for those thousand years, to explain what drove Earth to near annihilation. Rose and Thorn. Even if she isn't the one seeding the idea of the Legion in the future, I think her odyssey through the aeons will play an important role in its formation.
    DCAU had vandal savage who turned good collect information, knowledge, technology and even what is left of the watchtower in a timeline that ceases to be because of superman returning to the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I always saw Marvel Cosmic as the more chaotic one, DC Cosmic was the one that had the intergalactic police force with the Green Lantern Corps whereas the Marvel equivalent, the Novas, were killed off and never came back as far as I know
    I think DC had the better cosmic stuff until around the time of Marvel's Annihilation. That really cemented, defined, and clarified a lot of the cosmic/space stuff for Marvel. Meanwhile, DC doubled down on the Lantern mythology but let everything else sort of become a mess. I think the GLC side of cosmic DC is very well defined, but everything else feels blurry. Of course, in the years since Annihilation Marvel's let their cosmic stuff slip some too.

Oh, and the Nova Corps has been blown up and re-built half a dozen times. They were destroyed for (I think) the third time in Annihilation, re-founded a few years ago, and I *think* they just got destroyed once more very recently.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think DC had the better cosmic stuff until around the time of Marvel's Annihilation. That really cemented, defined, and clarified a lot of the cosmic/space stuff for Marvel. Meanwhile, DC doubled down on the Lantern mythology but let everything else sort of become a mess. I think the GLC side of cosmic DC is very well defined, but everything else feels blurry. Of course, in the years since Annihilation Marvel's let their cosmic stuff slip some too.

Oh, and the Nova Corps has been blown up and re-built half a dozen times. They were destroyed for (I think) the third time in Annihilation, re-founded a few years ago, and I *think* they just got destroyed once more very recently.
    Oh I totally agree. GL has basically been the sole source of DC Cosmic for the last couple of years, aside from the occasional book like Omega Men. Annihilation definitely gave birth to modern Marvel Cosmic, but they’ve also always had stuff like the Kree and the Skrull. DC’s most fleshed out non-human world, Krypton, is dead and that kind of leaves DC Cosmic full of Planets of Hats. Snyder’s JL has been pretty good at exploring other aspects of DC Cosmic though.

How are sales doing, by the by?