Page 477 of 613 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 9194
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really wish Romita Jr. wasn’t drawing this because the premise is very exciting for me. When was the last time we got an honest to Rao gang war in Metropolis? Has it every happened? And add the LoD into the mix and things could get very interesting. Oh well, I’ll still be there.
    Is it a Rao Gang War? It just looks like a tie-in to Justice-Doom War.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is it a Rao Gang War? It just looks like a tie-in to Justice-Doom War.
    I was just making a pun on “honest to God”. The Invisible War is going to be drawn by Romita Jr and will be about the Invisible Mafia being outed and causing a Metropolis gang war. While the LoD is showing up I don’t expect them to be the main antagonists.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis teased on instagram there will be a big announcement at the wonder comics panel at NYCC. Wonder if this is the young justice-legion crossover he teased on twitter a few days ago. Or it could just be a announcement for the amethyst book he's been teasing for over a year now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis teased on instagram there will be a big announcement at the wonder comics panel at NYCC. Wonder if this is the young justice-legion crossover he teased on twitter a few days ago. Or it could just be a announcement for the amethyst book he's been teasing for over a year now.
    So, jon and kon are going to meet then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, jon and kon are going to meet then.
    Most likely it’s season 2 of Wonder Comics and whatever that entails. Interestingly, Bendis will not be in attendance.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Worth putting this out there

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...93589556305920

Question: "Why do I think something big is about to happen with Lois lane. Rucka had her mention something that only two others in the universe know. So what I think something happened in space with John and jor-el. What is the bribe for us getting the hint."

Bendis: "You are feeling the next level that comes now that Greg, Matt and I get together every week and work on what Matt refers to as metropolis city Council. We’re building eeeeeeverything in the superman universe up in biiiiiig ways #Superman18thetruth"
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Worth putting this out there

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...93589556305920

Question: "Why do I think something big is about to happen with Lois lane. Rucka had her mention something that only two others in the universe know. So what I think something happened in space with John and jor-el. What is the bribe for us getting the hint."

Bendis: "You are feeling the next level that comes now that Greg, Matt and I get together every week and work on what Matt refers to as metropolis city Council. We’re building eeeeeeverything in the superman universe up in biiiiiig ways #Superman18thetruth"
    Any guesses what this could be about? And I wonder just how much Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book will really play into this, since that book is much more lighter and less serious than the other two.

Talking about this.. How many comics is writing him now?

Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice.. Legion Superheoes... I am missing something? Or is only that girl that appeared with Bat/Supes recently.. Naomi?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Any guesses what this could be about? And I wonder just how much Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book will really play into this, since that book is much more lighter and less serious than the other two.
    I can’t even fathom a guess to be honest. We know the Invisible War and President Superman are coming but what comes after those I don’t have a clue.

I am curious if it's all going to tie into Doomsday Clock, with Lex showing Lois the photos and her now seemingly being keyed into the prior versions of the Metaverse with her conversation with Renee. That all seems to line up, Lois and now Lex would be the only two people in the universe that know of the prior versions of their lives and the Metaverse. The "gift" Luthor trusted her with may be one of the photographs left by Manhattan - maybe one proving the existence of the Metaverse. We now know Luthor and BWL's are going to go at it in that mini and only one will emerged - I can almost guarantee Snyder won't let that be Luthor. So Luthor might be giving Lois that information to use.

Way more than two people know Clark's ID, and she's counting herself in that number, so we know Jon, Waller, Batman, most of the Justice League, etc. all know so the idea that her "secret" is related to that doesn't track. Especially since that doesn't work in the context of her conversation with Renee. Answers to Renees questions would have nothing to do with Clark's ID.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Hard to say where to put this, but apparently Wonder Woman is now the world's first superhero in DC's continuity according to the forthcoming official timeline. To be more specific, she's the first hero of generation 1. I'm guessing that's the JSA generation. Superman is now the first hero of generation 2, and generation 3 is apparently Crisis on Infinite Earths.

DiDio said "We're trying to organize our stories in a comprehensive way," he said. "This will be the basis of all DC Comics for the future. We don't know what the future is, but what's happening right now is a high level of planning... What we've done is identified the generations of DC Comics... we're reintroducting aspects of our history back into it... What you see right now is a story that will be consistent."

My thoughts? Totally cool with it. I mean, the JSA is already coming back, and that makes them the default first heroes, so why not also add in an immortal amazon to the mix as the first of them? Superman still retains his status as the first of this era, and the Big One of all of the eras, plus as a bonus all of creations literally revolves around him at any given moment, so I can't same I'm all that upset.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm cool with it in general concept. It could, in general, make Diana's history more interesting, and if there's any character who I would mind the least having the title of first ever if not Superman, it'd be her. But I have zero confidence the execution will be at all passable. This regime has never been able to do anything comprehensive and organizational. Other issues I have with him aside, only Johns was capable of that sort of thing and he's no part of this. So this will probably be a complete mess.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-04-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hard to say where to put this, but apparently Wonder Woman is now the world's first superhero in DC's continuity according to the forthcoming official timeline. To be more specific, she's the first hero of generation 1. I'm guessing that's the JSA generation. Superman is now the first hero of generation 2, and generation 3 is apparently Crisis on Infinite Earths.

DiDio said "We're trying to organize our stories in a comprehensive way," he said. "This will be the basis of all DC Comics for the future. We don't know what the future is, but what's happening right now is a high level of planning... What we've done is identified the generations of DC Comics... we're reintroducting aspects of our history back into it... What you see right now is a story that will be consistent."

My thoughts? Totally cool with it. I mean, the JSA is already coming back, and that makes them the default first heroes, so why not also add in an immortal amazon to the mix as the first of them? Superman still retains his status as the first of this era, and the Big One of all of the eras, plus as a bonus all of creations literally revolves around him at any given moment, so I can't same I'm all that upset.
    What year do they consider generation 2? Does it say which early Superman stories are canon? Would be interesting if it lines up with the weird history Superman had after reborn

I'm not sure how that's going track with Rucka's Rebirth run unless the Gen 1 Wonder Woman was Hippolyta.

Ugh...if they bring that part back I take back what I said about being okay with it. That would be awful. Oh the other hand, it definitely wouldn't fit with Rucka and it would require, yet again, another rework of her origin. Neither optimal but the latter is the far lesser of two evils. Diana is Wonder Woman, its not a title passed on.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El