Page 478 of 613 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure how that's going track with Rucka's Rebirth run unless the Gen 1 Wonder Woman was Hippolyta.
    It sounds like they are going to incorporate the reboots into it with Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint being part of the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It sounds like they are going to incorporate the reboots into it with Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint being part of the timeline.
    Oh, if we're counting the reboots then....

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So year 18 where Clark stops being Superman, are we assuming that’s when Lois becomes pregnant and he has to hide? Or is that just when he does after doomsday?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So year 18 where Clark stops being Superman, are we assuming that’s when Lois becomes pregnant and he has to hide? Or is that just when he does after doomsday?
    None of this works as a straight timeline. Oz Effect is listed as happening in Generation 4. This has to incorporate the Metaverse in some fashion. BC's speculation that Doomsday Clock was out of continuity seems to have been off, because I think even Doomsday Clock is on that timeline somehow.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

None of this works as a straight timeline. Oz Effect is listed as happening in Generation 4. This has to incorporate the Metaverse in some fashion. BC's speculation that Doomsday Clock was out of continuity seems to have been off, because I think even Doomsday Clock is on that timeline somehow.
    Where is everyone seeing all of this?! Is there a clear version I'm not aware of, or has hitting the ripe old age of 26 gotten to me? Can someone break it down for me?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Where is everyone seeing all of this?! Can someone break it down for me?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...popular_mobile

It's blurry as hell given the low resolution photo, but you can make out various words and phrase. Superman's timeline is the Blue one second from the top.

But this also gave us the new DC Continuity Timeline that Dan DiDio has been promising since San Diego Comic Con – that includes Doomsday Clock, JSA and Legion… and everything. And they promise that this is happening. In full. And they are sticking to it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...popular_mobile

It's blurry as hell given the low resolution photo, but you can make out various words and phrase. Superman's timeline is the Blue one second from the top.
    Okay so then am I to understand that more than just generation 1 has been shown? Are we seeing 2-4 on that chart, or has it just been confirmed somewhere? Like, where does it say Oz Effect on the chart?

Edit: never mind. I see the link. I just assumed it was going back to the same image we've already seen. Thanks, Yoda.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-04-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Where is everyone seeing all of this?! Is there a clear version I'm not aware of, or has hitting the ripe old age of 26 gotten to me? Can someone break it down for me?
    Check Restingvoice's posts here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...vealed-at-NYCC

He's transcripting most of the timeline.

Okay so then am I to understand that more than just generation 1 has been shown? Are we seeing 2-4 on that chart, or has it just been confirmed somewhere? Like, where does it say Oz Effect on the chart?
    The giant chart shows Generations 1-4. Oz Effect is under what I think is "Rebirth" next to the Metal emblem.

Some new Legion stuff

"Jon" returns from the future "/aged." De-aged? More aged?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

"Aged"

They seem to be talking about his time in space/Earth-3, but I guess they abbreviated it, the whole Unity Saga, and gearing up for the Legion as what we see there.

I guess internally that's what it's known as right now because upon signing Bendis made a manifesto that encompassed the Unity Saga as a map to the Legion. The major point of the doc being to age Jon, set up the Legion, and send him there.

Alternatively, there's the theory I had that originally Bendis may have wanted Jon to have spent those years in the future before the formation of the Legion (possibly getting the idea for the UP there), but early on he decided not to, and shifted to what we have.

I don't really have much of anything backing this, but it seems possible early on.

Last edited by Superlad93; 10-04-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Bleeding Cool:

"Bleeding Cool understands from comic professional gossip at New York Comic Con this past weekend, spinning out of our reports on the new DC timeline, that it is planned by DC Comics editorial that Jonathan Kent will now return from the 31st Century and the Legion of Super-Heroes to the present day (whenever that is now meant to be) as a young adult.

At that point, I understand that Jonathan Kent will replace his father, and be the new Superman.

And this will be the new status for the Superman comic book titles at DC Comics, Superman, Superman/Batman, Action Comics, Lois Lane, Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen, Justice League and more going forward.

The Superman books are currently written by Brian Bendis, and it looks likely that this is part of his plan going forward. Previously at Marvel Comics, Bendis saw the Ultimate version of Peter Parker, Spider-Man, die and replaced in the role by his creation Miles Morales. Could we be getting a similar story here?

More on this story and other DC Comics plans from Bleeding Cool today."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...man-dc-comics/

......really? I mean come on, really? That direction is too stupid to be legit. Right? goddamnit.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Bleeding Cool:

"Bleeding Cool understands from comic professional gossip at New York Comic Con this past weekend, spinning out of our reports on the new DC timeline, that it is planned by DC Comics editorial that Jonathan Kent will now return from the 31st Century and the Legion of Super-Heroes to the present day (whenever that is now meant to be) as a young adult.

At that point, I understand that Jonathan Kent will replace his father, and be the new Superman.

And this will be the new status for the Superman comic book titles at DC Comics, Superman, Superman/Batman, Action Comics, Lois Lane, Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen, Justice League and more going forward.

The Superman books are currently written by Brian Bendis, and it looks likely that this is part of his plan going forward. Previously at Marvel Comics, Bendis saw the Ultimate version of Peter Parker, Spider-Man, die and replaced in the role by his creation Miles Morales. Could we be getting a similar story here?

More on this story and other DC Comics plans from Bleeding Cool today."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...man-dc-comics/
    If this is true. Then all hell is going to break loss. Save jon kent from superman fans. What in the hell? The kid had barely time to grow now he is gonna be superman. That to the Superman instead of a superman.