Page 482 of 613 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 9194
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Almost a year ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    With the lucky we have, it'll turn out that Bendis aged Jon to have him taking over the main books after something bad will happen to Clark in one of the upcoming arcs. 😱
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Almost a year ago:

��
    Many a Truth is spoken in jest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, the proposed initiative hasn't really started yet, if it is what its being purported to be. So indeed if there's any truth to the theory, we wouldn't be seeing the larger influence yet. There may not be a methodical build-up, so no evidence line-wide might not really be an indicator that Bendis' hand in this isn't large. Building up for big initiatives was more a Johns thing anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if this stuff just lands all at once, much like the New 52 did.

Either way I just hope I find out sooner than later if its accurate or not. I don't want to be wasting my time with the main line if this BS is around the corner. I'd rather cut the cord sooner and not be strung along. I'm in this for the ongoing adventures of Superman. Kal-El/Clark Kent. I have no interest in consuming what might amount to a retirement build-up any more than I have a desire to see an undeserving character parading as Superman.
    Look at the positive side.
    I don't know if the stories will be good (and they COULD be good, as far as we know). But I seriously believe that at one point readers will start to hate Jon Kent to the point that DC will HAVE to get rid of him. :-D
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

It could definitely have that effect. And as much as it would personally please me, I would feel bad for his fans. Because they don't like this either, they didn't ask for nor want this any more than I did.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If fans are so unhappy with the Superman books for the poor treatment the MAIN character has, they don't have buy them. Tell them why you are no buying anymore. $ talks.

Bendis is pissed he never got those apology letters, so now he’s come up with more ways to make us sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Quite frankly, Johns did his best to make Wally West as similar to Barry Allen as possible.
    For my money Johns was one of the few writers who could write Barry and Wally distinct from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For my money Johns was one of the few writers who could write Barry and Wally distinct from each other.
    Yeah I don’t agree with Myskin at all, Johns always had clearly separate voices for Barry and Wally imo.

If this is true then wow. So clearly DC and Bendis liked the idea of Jon but hated the character the way he was before. This is...pretty sad actually. Even if it's some weird DC equivalent to the Ultimate Universe.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It could definitely have that effect. And as much as it would personally please me, I would feel bad for his fans. Because they don't like this either, they didn't ask for nor want this any more than I did.
    As a big fan of young Jon Kent (and waiting for Legion to sell me on teen Jon), yeah, this is a whole lot of DO NOT WANT that proves DC is tonedeaf. All of Jon's fans felt robbed that we missed out on his youth, and now they're doubling down and aging him again? It has to be a joke to tank Rich's credibility. I can only hope.

Moreover, ridding continuity of Jon but keeping the rest of his generation is a weird move. How does Jon do anything worse to the Super brand that Damien doesn't over in Batman? He ages Bruce as much as Jon does Clark. DC found a niche for Damien, they can find one for Jon (and with Legion they seemed to have decided on one, dragging his fans there kicking and screaming).

But yeah, if he replaces Clark I'm going to be overly frustrated and it just proves that DC editorial wants less of my money. Plain and simple.

I don’t get why they’d pass on Dick and Damian for Batman, and apparently are skipping all the “obvious” choices for the other heroes, but are making Jon the new Superman. That doesn’t really line up since Jon is an obvious choice for Superman.

Its remarkable how much I don't care about any of this. Seriously, I've lived through this exact same premise at least 2-3 times, and have seen it happen with individual franchises more times than I can count.

If the books are good and don't spit on the IP's, I'll read them. Otherwise I'll drop them. But I can't say I have any excitement for this on any level. Can barely manage to work up the effort to be concerned, in fact.

I've enjoyed Bendis so far, for the most part. So if this happens....yeah, that tracks. DC will give me good Superman for a year or two, then pull the rug out and give us sh*t for 3-5 years. I suppose we're about due for another stint of crap.

However, I think I agree with those saying this is going to be more like an imprint than a major change to the regular books. We've seen this sorta thing fail before, and DCYOU wasn't that long ago. Granted, this industry recycles everything including the worst ideas so who knows? But I could see things like Jon as Superman falling into a "in the near future" timeframe with a few books set in the same era; more like an expansion of the Batman Beyond concept than a line-wide change.

We'll see what happens when it happens. Not like DC hasn't backpedaled in the past before the first issues dropped. But I'm definitely looking for a reason to put down this hobby and this might be my stepping off point. Time will tell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

I wonder how much an initiative like this would be connected to the success of Into the Spider-Verse. It might not be about making successful selling comics, so much as the potential it has for driving other media.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I wonder how much an initiative like this would be connected to the success of Into the Spider-Verse. It might not be about making successful selling comics, so much as the potential it has for driving other media.
    If that's the case they're going about it in a backasswards way. Larger media can create original content without the comics laying the groundwork. They did it with Batman Beyond, for example.

I think if Spider-Verse plays any kind of a role here it's as a triggering agent more than anything. DC has been trying to diversify and expand its roster for a long time. They know there's profit to be made from this sort of thing they've just failed to capitalize on it. Spider-Verse might've been the thing to get them to try again, as that's a great big sign saying "It makes money!" but DC has been pulling on this string, off and on, forever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So I just remembered someone at DC(or maybe this was just a bleeding cool rumor) that said the reason DC was making the timeline was so they could tell stories in different eras, if that's the case, it makes sense why they'd risk doing this legacy 5G event. They know they'll have books featuring the original characters on the stand at the same time. That way everyone is happy.