Page 49 of 613 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

I liked Slott on SHE-HULK and THE THING. Then he started AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and went downhill fairly quickly. I mean..."Spider-Island." That's a Silver Age Superman-type story -- not at all appropriate for Spider-Man.

Fantastic Member

Bendis on Superman after tomasi and jurgens fixed him and his mythos for the most part is a bad idea. Well if he does not want to use jon or lois I can see jon with the titans full time and King might want to write a catwoman lois lane mini together if Bendis does not want to use those characters. I know what bendis did to marvel and whoever thought riri was a good idea it was not read the books unnecessary and it dragged the main character down

Extraordinary Member

so is Bendis the reason supersons and supergirl is cacnelled?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Someone has suggested that it has more to do with Snyder and No Justice than it does Bendis. I'm still struggling to figure out why it would have anything to do with No Justice though since its only affecting the JL and Titans books. Super Sons has more in common with something like RHATO, which is itself unaffected by No Justice, then it does with something like the JL or Teen Titans. It doesn't even need the shakeup some of the other team books do even plus it was selling decently and the fans were enjoying it a lot.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I haven't seen any sources on this. Has anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Someone has suggested that it has more to do with Snyder and No Justice than it does Bendis. I'm still struggling to figure out why it would have anything to do with No Justice though since its only affecting the JL and Titans books. Super Sons has more in common with something like RHATO, which is itself unaffected by No Justice, then it does with something like the JL or Teen Titans. It doesn't even need the shakeup some of the other team books do even plus it was selling decently and the fans were enjoying it a lot.
    Yeah, that was me. At least, for the Super Sons end of things. I believe that because the theories are abound that Snyder is planning a full restructuring of the entireity of DC's team books, on the story justification that all teams will be basically "sponsored" and supported by the Justice League. In such a scenario, I imagine Super Sons was canceled so that Damian and Jon can be focused on full-time on one of those new team titles, likely either a new TT, or a new YJ. Now, its a justified question of whether or not it needed the shakeup in the first place, or even if in such a scenario the characters could have still supported their duo book as well. But nonetheless I think this is the mindest here, which if true was in the cooker before Bendis even came on board, most likely.

Supergirl however I do think has to do with Bendis' plans.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

That art is even worse closer-up. You'd think considering the creative teams, either Reis or Gleason would provide the artwork for the hype. But no, its gotta be Lee.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The trunks are one thing, but those things at the end of his sleeves are garrish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, that was me. At least, for the Super Sons end of things. I believe that because the theories are abound that Snyder is planning a full restructuring of the entireity of DC's team books, on the story justification that all teams will be basically "sponsored" and supported by the Justice League. In such a scenario, I imagine Super Sons was canceled so that Damian and Jon can be focused on full-time on one of those new team titles, likely either a new TT, or a new YJ. Now, its a justified question of whether or not it needed the shakeup in the first place, or even if in such a scenario the characters could have still supported their duo book as well. But nonetheless I think this is the mindest here, which if true was in the cooker before Bendis even came on board, most likely.
    I'm not sure that I believe that theory myself since its clear that teams like the GLS and RHATO aren't involved or even being effected by No Justice directly. That storyline, from what I can tell anyway, seems to solely involve the JL and Teen Titan/Titans corner so its hardly the entirety of DC team books even if its a majority of them. Super Sons really doesn't fit into that category in my mind.

As for the rest I don't see shoving Damian and Jon into a team scenario as being good enough justification for cancelling their duo book. I actually think there is more justification for them keeping their duo book in some form or other while also being members of a team. Personally I think they can manage both.

What I'd really like to see is their duo book continue in some form so that they can get the focus there which would leave the team book writer free to actually focus on the team as a whole. Really well handled team books are written in a way that balances all the characters involved and allows all the characters to shine. I'd really rather they avoided paying excessive attention to Damian and Jon at the expense of whomever might be on this team if it comes to that.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ugh. That art is horrible and I'm really not liking the clunky looking gold belt with the trunks at all. It doesn't look nearly as garish in other art but here it just looks bad and it makes the trunks look bad as well. Just no.

Ugh. According to BC, Hickman was apparently very close to coming on over to DC too to do LOS, but instead he's probably headed back to Marvel, and a contributing reason is that LOS, along with other concepts, are off the table right now because of freaking Johns and his Watchmen vanity project.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-28-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Could someone please remind of the reason why Doomsday Clock exists?
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Could someone please remind of the reason why Doomsday Clock exists?
    It exists because Trump won the elections.

https://www.inverse.com/article/3666...trump-election

It exists because he wanted to put his stamp on Watchmen. I can buy that he originally canned it in the context of using it like this as a bookened to Rebirth then he changed his mind again, but I don't buy for a second that he wouldn't have eventually found another way to do his Watchmen sequel in another context either way.