Page 493 of 613 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 9194

Edit: moving it to the other smaller thread.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-18-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    SPOILERS for upcoming plans.

spoilers:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...endis.amp.html yep Clark is going public about his secret identity in issue 18. Bendis compares it to his outing of Daredevil meaning he probably intends for this to be the long term status quo for his run.
    end of spoilers
    So one thing in the interview he says is that he had a different “destination” at first when the interviewer asked him about the scene of Superman kissing Lois and the photographer catching it. I wonder if this is why Bendis confused us when he said the leviathan special would explain the status quo going forward with Lois and Superman. I guess a lot of plans changed recently.

So one thing in the interview he says is that he had a different “destination” at first when the interviewer asked him about the scene of Superman kissing Lois and the photographer catching it.
    I'd like to know what that destination was, whether it's as bad as I think it might have been, and what changed that it wasn't used.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd like to know what that destination was, whether it's as bad as I think it might have been, and what changed that it wasn't used.
    Wasn’t the plan speculated by some of us as Lois being married to Superman publicly to explain Jon’s teen age. But with this new plan, it’s still the same thing but with Clark’s identity revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wasn’t the plan speculated by some of us as Lois being married to Superman publicly to explain Jon’s teen age. But with this new plan, it’s still the same thing but with Clark’s identity revealed.
    I've seen numerous speculations, depending on how far back go. Including a public divorce of Clark and Lois (secret relationship on-going) after her cheating on him Superman came out (both with Jon believed to be Clark's and the affair recent and him believed to be Superman's and the affair very long-term), the secretly-married-Superman-and-Clark-is-a-beard sort of thing, and the old-school wiggling-out-of-it somehow (which seemed less feasible with the number of witnesses). All extremely annoying because they never should have been kissing in public like that or had the wig off or had Lois tell anyone at DP she was back without telling Clark or ever left Jon with Jor-El.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-18-2019 at 11:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I've seen numerous speculations, depending on how far back go. Including a public divorce of Clark and Lois (secret relationship on-going) after her cheating on him Superman came out (both with Jon believed to be Clark's and the affair recent and him believed to be Superman's and the affair very long-term), the secretly-married-Superman-and-Clark-is-a-beard sort of thing, and the old-school wiggling-out-of-it somehow (which seemed less feasible with the number of witnesses). All extremely annoying because they never should have been kissing in public like that or had the wig off or had Lois tell anyone at DP she was back without telling Clark or ever left Jon with Jor-El.
    They definitely shouldn’t have been kissing in public (and then obviously spending the night together directly after) but if one is being honest...historically speaking Lois and Superman have a history of being reckless with their affection. I’m not saying it as criticism—it’s extremely human and something that makes them oddly relatable despite the super nature of their relationship. But when you look back at various media ....they have done stupid things. This exact thing was a plot on “Lois and Clark” 20 years ago because they were reckless. It was a plot on Smallville to the point that Clark as the Blur eventually cut contact with Lois because he was afraid that it was becoming too clear how he felt about her and it wasn’t safe. Everyone remembers the famous Superman Returns plane rescue where he asked her specifically if she was ok on a plane filled with people. So, yeah, he was stupid to kiss her in public but this particular strain of of stupid is absolutely in character.

All that said? What could have happened is probably why I’m so zen about this. Lois and Clark’s marriage and history being completely invalidated by turning it into a “sham” and a plot that basically played into every negative and outdated stereotype about Lois Lane would have been 100x more offensive to me than the two of them choosing to go public together.

She got replaced with Kara Zor-El though, and she got replaced because Didio realized how utterly stupid the ban on other Kryptonians was because writers did all these insane ass pulls to get around it. Kind of a different situation.
    Someone in charge wanted to get rid of a character with a die hard fans so that's what happened. Jon is no safer than Linda was.

The reasons for getting rid of him aren't going to be the same, but if they want him gone that's what's going to happen.

Yeah, gotta agree. Jon isn't teflon by any stretch. I'm not predicting they do erase him, but if its their whim to ever do so, they will, just like they've done many times in the past to others. Showing up in other media doesn't necessarily mean much at all. Its really a case-by-case basis.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Someone in charge wanted to get rid of a character with a die hard fans so that's what happened. Jon is no safer than Linda was.

The reasons for getting rid of him aren't going to be the same, but if they want him gone that's what's going to happen.
    Only Bats are safe, and then only some of them. But girls got brought back eventually, though Cass is still Orphan. Arrows - Mia, Connor, and Lian (okay, she's a generation removed) gone. Thought Mia might be back, but that fizzled. Connor may be in future. Supers - Linda (as referenced), Kon was gone but now back, original Kara died and new versions really weren't the same character, even with same sort of backstory, given age and other attributes. And that's before we get into the characters that weren't around that long.

If a character wasn't part of Superman before 80s, there's no guarantee they'll stick around.

Conner and Steel are the only exceptions.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't think jon will be erased. The kid attracts kids as potential readers . They have been trying to add a kid to franchise since ages. Only now, they they have succeeded. As for linda, she never had much of an outside presence. Jon isn't vibe or cisco. Didio doesn't view cisco or has gotten his attention on tbe character as a marketable commodity. Jon, if he is getting outside push. Like in the dceased, young justice, cwverse.. Etc will not be erased. Otherwise,if he doesn't i have no guarantees.but, didio clearly views him as marketable. Dc was the one who suggested things lke the name.
    Also, jon is the first canon superpowered sidekick of superman(except for when jimmy had powers)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-18-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think jon will be erased. The kid attracts kids as potential readers . They have been trying to add a kid to franchise since ages. Only now, they they have succeeded. As for linda, she never had much of an outside presence. Jon isn't vibe or cisco. Didio doesn't view cisco or has gotten his attention on tbe character as a marketable commodity. Jon, if he is getting outside push. Like in the dceased, young justice, cwverse.. Etc will not be erased. Otherwise,if he doesn't i have no guarantees.but, didio clearly views him as marketable. Dc was the one who suggested things lke the name.
    Also, jon is the first canon superpowered sidekick of superman(except for when jimmy had powers)
    Except, Jon isn't a kid anymore, and may be having yet another age up within the next year or so. What's more, D.C. was even pitched an animated series of the Super Sons, but it was rejected.

So I don't see how D.C. is trying to market him to kids, in the comics at least.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, Jon isn't a kid anymore, and may be having yet another age up within the next year or so. What's more, D.C. was even pitched an animated series of the Super Sons, but it was rejected.

So I don't see how D.C. is trying to market him to kids, in the comics at least.
    Well, maybe not in the mainline right now. This pitch might be for mainline that must be why. But, supersons as kids are being used outside of it. So, they aren't ditching it's marketability. They are just stuck with bendis right now in the mainline. So, if this fails and jon is strong every where.( Heck! Millerverse has jon now.) chances of the character will be just reverted, not erased are higher.

BANNED

SPOILERS for upcoming plans.

spoilers:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...endis.amp.html yep Clark is going public about his secret identity in issue 18. Bendis compares it to his outing of Daredevil meaning he probably intends for this to be the long term status quo for his run.
    end of spoilers
    He maybe just a writer, but he doesn’t own the character I can expect this to be reversed pretty soon. Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    He maybe just a writer, but he doesn’t own the character I can expect this to be reversed pretty soon. Again...
    Depends on how long he's the writer. He was the writer for Ultimate Spider-Man for, what, ten years?