Page 50 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ugh. According to BC, Hickman was apparently very close to coming on over to DC too to do LOS, but instead he's probably headed back to Marvel, and a contributing reason is that LOS, along with other concepts, are off the table right now because of freaking Johns and his Watchmen vanity project.
    Geoff had best hurry, apparently the Shazam book is also delayed because of this and the movie is getting closer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It exists because he wanted to put his stamp on Watchmen. I can buy that he originally canned it in the context of using it like this as a bookened to Rebirth, but something about the election made him reconsider, but I don't buy for a second that he wouldn't have eventually found another way to do his Watchmen sequel in another context.
    Like last son of krypton said, Johns didn't really even want to do doomsday clock unless he really had a story he wanted to tell and trump becoming president somehow inspired a story in him

Like I said, I get that, but I think he would have just thought of another way to use the characters in time. It had already been established as a hint in Rebirth Special #1. So if not crafted as Doomsday Clock, the hint still existed where he could have always gone back to the well in another manner at a later date, in a completely non-Rebirth related capacity. He is a king at dropped plot points in other stories, but I think he would have gone back to this well at some point, just in a completely different manner.

In any case I'm more annoyed than anything else at just the fact that there are concepts fans want back that are being held up due to this story. It bugs me when stories that are supposed to have consequences like this are poorly planned and get delayed, as it delays more than just that title. It delays anything that depends on it. Fully admit that's why I'm being particularly Johns-crabby today.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-28-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ugh. According to BC, Hickman was apparently very close to coming on over to DC too to do LOS, but instead he's probably headed back to Marvel, and a contributing reason is that LOS, along with other concepts, are off the table right now because of freaking Johns and his Watchmen vanity project.
    This is a big fat L for DC.

Maybe Bendis might be able to help convince Hickman to comer over?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-28-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

On one hand, this confirms that the Legion (and JSA and Shazam) is held hostage by Doomsday Clock.

On the other, we might get Hickman on X-Men (and the Eternals)!

That’s a better deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's....upsetting to say the very least if this is true.

Hopefully Johns hears about this, and just tells Hickman what the big deal with the Legion is going to be after Doomsday Clock, so we can get the Legion book we deserve and need. Like, who the hell do you give it to now that will come close to whatever insanity and popularity that Hickman would've brought?!

I hope Bendis might be able to help convince Hickman to come over regardless.
    Well, the contract for Marvel is already signed and the book he's on apparently may be announced this weekend, so I think it's too late to be convinced at this point.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I guess DC has to hold that L then.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-28-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I'm tired of certain writers holding the whole damn DCU hostage,I'm looking at you Morrison(multiverse),Snyder(team books),John's(Rebirth reboot,which means shazam,Legion,JSA,and YJ),and Bendis (every damn SUPER book and character).

I get that these guys are just freaking great(haha),but come on,we are missing out on so much.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ironically, Secret Wars by Hickman was just as goofed up, if not worse. Those limbo months with EVERY title on hiatus, lol. I can't knock him for working now instead of later, but it couldn't work as a spite move.

Like I said, I get that, but I think he would have just thought of another way to use the characters in time. It had already been established as a hint in Rebirth Special #1. So if not crafted as Doomsday Clock, the hint still existed where he could have always gone back to the well in another manner at a later date, in a completely non-Rebirth related capacity. He is a king at dropped plot points in other stories, but I think he would have gone back to this well at some point, just in a completely different manner.

In any case I'm more annoyed than anything else at just the fact that there are concepts fans want back that are being held up due to this story. It bugs me when stories that are supposed to have consequences like this are poorly planned and get delayed, as it delays more than just that title. It delays anything that depends on it. Fully admit that's why I'm being particularly Johns-crabby today.
    I'm still trying to figure out how the delays even happened...it's not like it was announced at SDCC and only had a couple months to get going. Wasn't it announced a few months before The Button came out? I.E., about a year ago now? Seems like a lot of lead time prior to November's issue 1 coming out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure feels to me that it was announced ages ago.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    On one hand, this confirms that the Legion (and JSA and Shazam) is held hostage by Doomsday Clock.
    Does it?
    Has Hickman specifically said DC wouldn't let him get his hands on the LoSH?
    Who at DC specifically said that the LoSH, JSA, and Shazam! are "held hostage" by Geoff Johns/Doomsday Cluck?
    What exactly has been "confirmed", and by who?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so is Bendis the reason supersons and supergirl is cacnelled?
    Supersons is cancelled? Shoot. I've been enjoying that book.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I guess DC has to hold that L then.
    To be fair, Hickman just tweeted there was no contract signed, of course he could just be lying and trolling on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It exists because Trump won the elections.

https://www.inverse.com/article/3666...trump-election
    What the ****, how random lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the delays even happened...it's not like it was announced at SDCC and only had a couple months to get going. Wasn't it announced a few months before The Button came out? I.E., about a year ago now? Seems like a lot of lead time prior to November's issue 1 coming out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure feels to me that it was announced ages ago.
    All of those delays also means the 3 Jokers thing is gonna take even longer to be used, unless they forgot about it, I just randomly remembered it just now lol.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Could someone please remind of the reason why Doomsday Clock exists?
    Simply because Geoff Johns wanted to write Alan Moore/Dave Gibbon's WATCHMEN and there's nobody there to say "no" to him.

It's ridiculous, honestly.