Page 51 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Funny Mr. Hickman said on his Twitter that he never signed a thing with DC.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/968968837583564801
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Could someone please remind of the reason why Doomsday Clock exists?
    Because an above average number of readers will buy it. Why else?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Funny Mr. Hickman said on his Twitter that he never signed a thing with DC.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/968968837583564801
    Donny Cates denied he was on Venom after BC broke the news, and then he was announced as the writer for Venom days later

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Donny Cates denied he was on Venom after BC broke the news, and then he was announced as the writer for Venom days later
    For that to happen there has to be proof and if there is none well circumstantial evidence doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-01-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Talent Appearances & Signings: Visiting talent from both WBTV and DC Entertainment will stop by to meet fans and sign autographs. The cast from WBTV’s Black Lightning is currently scheduled to attend, alongside noted DC writers and artists including DC Publisher Jim Lee (Batman: Hush), Frank Miller (The Dark Knight trilogy, Batman: Year One), Brian Michael Bendis (Action Comics #1000, Man of Steel) and Dan Jurgens(The Death of Superman, Action Comics). Tickets will be available on Eventbrite starting Friday, March 2.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...r-bendis-sxsw/

BANNED

To get an idea of what kind of writer Bendis is, I read issues 1 to 11 of Invincible Iron Man. The only other thing by Bendis that I'm sure I've read was the first 40 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man and that was years ago when I was just getting into comics.

He messes up with race throughout the book, that's the biggest problem, but overall I thought it was good and that Riri was a better written character than not just how Superman's been written recently, but better written than most of Superman's appearances.

Even with the glaring problems, which since I had Superman on the mind, reminded me of "They Call it Suicide Slum" from the 90s, I thought the book was better than Action and Superman have been in years. So if he's at least as good on the Super books as he's been on the issues of Iron Man I read, I don't see myself liking his run less than the current flagship books.

Maybe if I have the time I'll also give Defenders and Infamous Iron Man a go, as both those books are short too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Riri was a better written character than not just how Superman's been written recently, but better written than most of Superman's appearances

BANNED

It isn't the fairest comparison for me to make since we're talking to 11 issues to thousands, but it is what it is.

BANNED

Ok, ok, apologies for the snark, but...no, I can't really see Riri being objectively praised above what we've had with Clark. Riri is an entitled sociopathic mary sue and no consequence of note ever comes to her.

Just watch any D&C, Douglas Ernst or Captain Cummings video to know just what the overall problems with Riri are.

BANNED

Ok, ok, apologies for the snark, but...no, I can't really see Riri being objectively praised above what we've had with Clark. Riri is an entitled sociopathic mary sue and no consequence of note ever comes to her.
    What do you mean by objectively praised? There's nothing objective about thinking one character is better written than another.

Just watch any D&C, Douglas Ernst or Captain Cummings video to know just what the overall problems with Riri are.
    I'm not going to be watching videos by harassers that represent the toxicity of the comics fandom. I'll take it a plus that those bigots don't like the character.

I have read other pieces about Riri from people that aren't horrible that go into where Bendis goes wrong with her, so I'm aware she's not without any faults, but despite those problems I found her to be better than most of Superman's appearances, and even the problems in Iron Man were better handled there than when they've appeared in Superman comics.

What do you mean by objectively praised? There's nothing objective about thinking one character is better written than another.

I'm not going to be watching videos by harassers that represent the toxicity of the comics fandom. I'll take it a plus that those bigots don't like the character.

I have read other pieces about Riri from people that aren't horrible that go into where Bendis goes wrong with her, so I'm aware she's not without any faults, but despite those problems I found her to be better than most of Superman's appearances, and even the problems in Iron Man were better handled there than when they've appeared in Superman comics.
    I like pretty much all legacy characters but her Riri IMO is the worst even on his worse written days Superman was better then her.

BANNED

Calling Riri a character is an insult to characters. She's a toxic stain on Iron Man mythos. Tony fans hate Bendis, their opinion holds more weight to me than those of so called SJW who think she's good cause diversity and little else.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Honestly, given DC's track record with Billy Batson and co., I'd rather DC did nothing with them than just bring them back for further insult. I particularly hated the New 52 version.

Really, if DC won't just take the Earth-5 version of the Marvel Family and use them in a book that evokes the original, 1940s versions of the characters, I'd rather that they never be seen again. Just forget they exist.

Bendis IMO is good with characters with little history or his own creations usually Riri was awful and I never got what he was going for with her. Now with that said he's usually awful IMO with characters with long histories and no one has a longer history then Superman and I can see this going bad.

To get an idea of what kind of writer Bendis is, I read issues 1 to 11 of Invincible Iron Man. The only other thing by Bendis that I'm sure I've read was the first 40 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man and that was years ago when I was just getting into comics.

He messes up with race throughout the book, that's the biggest problem, but overall I thought it was good and that Riri was a better written character than not just how Superman's been written recently, but better written than most of Superman's appearances.

Even with the glaring problems, which since I had Superman on the mind, reminded me of "They Call it Suicide Slum" from the 90s, I thought the book was better than Action and Superman have been in years. So if he's at least as good on the Super books as he's been on the issues of Iron Man I read, I don't see myself liking his run less than the current flagship books.

Maybe if I have the time I'll also give Defenders and Infamous Iron Man a go, as both those books are short too.
    I'm sorry, but while Riri isn't the insult that some people say, in no way she is better written than most of Superman appearances. Now if you have said the same thing about Bendis Daredevil run, it would be a discussion. But then, unless we're talking about math, physics or engineering it all comes down to opinions in the end, and my opinions is that during the New 52 and Rebirth, Superman have had some pretty good stories that are way better than anything I read with Riri. Though I didn't read that much Riri.