Page 513 of 613 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's all the same to me, tbh
    Well, that might in many ways. But in other ways they are not. Nuances are definitely different.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I love how we're going to get Superman revealing his secret identity and now suddenly Diana and Bruce are calling him "Clark" in the middle of a battle .

(Diana I think is forgivable...but I don't think Batman would).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

I guess this is a tease at the climax, still not very excited about this. Blockbuster stories are where Bendis weakness usually lie in storytelling. And with Romita art, it won't even look good. Just makes me sad since honestly this Action run has been great so far.

Word Ballon interview with Matt Fraction about Jimmy Olsen and the Bendis Superman Era, I plan on listening to this later: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...ode%2F20421049
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-02-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Word Ballon interview with Matt Fraction about Jimmy Olsen and the Bendis Superman Era, I plan on listening to this later: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...ode%2F20421049
    ooh wow it's over two hours, I'll listen to it on my way to school lol.
    Speaking of Fraction's Jimmy Olsen, is there a certain thread? I can't seen to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    ooh wow it's over two hours, I'll listen to it on my way to school lol.
    Speaking of Fraction's Jimmy Olsen, is there a certain thread? I can't seen to find it.
    I’m going to make a general series discussion thread when the next issue comes out, but if you want to make that now feel free.

What is the origin story for the current Superman? Is it just Secret Origin or Man of Steel or New 52 or a combo of a bunch of stuff?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    What is the origin story for the current Superman? Is it just Secret Origin or Man of Steel or New 52 or a combo of a bunch of stuff?
    It looked like Secret Origin at first but now we know the Kents died earlier than that showed + Clark never met the Legion as a kid, so that's out along with the New 52. I'm just gonna say that until something actively contradicts it it's Birthright because Birthright rules.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It’s the bare bones of Secret Origin right now. Clark and Lex grew up in Smallville but weren’t close friends. Clark’s parents died on his prom night (although that might change with Doomsday Clock, we’ll see). Clark went to college and traveled the world before making his debut as Superman in Metropolis. He never met the Legion as a kid (as of right now anyway). Otherwise it follows Secret Origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It looked like Secret Origin at first but now we know the Kents died earlier than that showed + Clark never met the Legion as a kid, so that's out along with the New 52. I'm just gonna say that until something actively contradicts it it's Birthright because Birthright rules.
    I need to go reread it one of these days. I always liked it but it never really made it into “greatness” for me. Maybe it will move up in rank after I reread it again. Personally either Wolfman’s Man and Superman, Morrison’s Action, Or American Alien are my preferred origins.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't really have a firm origin until 5G hits.

Granted, that's also going to retcon Superman back to, like, WWII so I'm not really sure how they're going to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, we don't really have a firm origin until 5G hits.

Granted, that's also going to retcon Superman back to, like, WWII so I'm not really sure how they're going to handle it.
    And they’re bringing back his adventures as Superboy. We’re basically going back to full on Pre-Crisis lol.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Fraction seems to have just casually confirmed that Ma and Pa are alive current day.

Also the Heroes and Villains special sounds outstanding. Truly can't wait.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

And they’re bringing back his adventures as Superboy. We’re basically going back to full on Pre-Crisis lol.
    Man, remember all those years of DC being so against depicting Clark as Superboy in any context? They couldn't even call him Superboy in the Legion cartoon .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Fraction seems to have just casually confirmed that Ma and Pa are alive current day.

Also the Heroes and Villains special sounds outstanding. Truly can't wait.
    So, does this have anything to do with doomsday clock?
    Did matt fraction confirm this? What about clark not recognising the legion in the current book?