Page 513 of 518 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 7767
  1. #7681
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's all the same to me, tbh
    Well, that might in many ways. But in other ways they are not. Nuances are definitely different.

  2. #7682
    Fantastic Member MeGrimlock420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    426

  3. #7683
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I love how we're going to get Superman revealing his secret identity and now suddenly Diana and Bruce are calling him "Clark" in the middle of a battle .

    (Diana I think is forgivable...but I don't think Batman would).

  4. #7684
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

    I guess this is a tease at the climax, still not very excited about this. Blockbuster stories are where Bendis weakness usually lie in storytelling. And with Romita art, it won't even look good. Just makes me sad since honestly this Action run has been great so far.

  5. #7685
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    Word Ballon interview with Matt Fraction about Jimmy Olsen and the Bendis Superman Era, I plan on listening to this later: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...ode%2F20421049
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-02-2019 at 10:06 AM.

  6. #7686
    Fantastic Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Word Ballon interview with Matt Fraction about Jimmy Olsen and the Bendis Superman Era, I plan on listening to this later: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...ode%2F20421049
    ooh wow it's over two hours, I'll listen to it on my way to school lol.
    Speaking of Fraction's Jimmy Olsen, is there a certain thread? I can't seen to find it.
    Favourite DC heroes: Flash (Wally West), Red Hood (Jason Todd), Batman.

  7. #7687
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    ooh wow it's over two hours, I'll listen to it on my way to school lol.
    Speaking of Fraction's Jimmy Olsen, is there a certain thread? I can't seen to find it.
    I’m going to make a general series discussion thread when the next issue comes out, but if you want to make that now feel free.

  8. #7688
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    What is the origin story for the current Superman? Is it just Secret Origin or Man of Steel or New 52 or a combo of a bunch of stuff?
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  9. #7689
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    What is the origin story for the current Superman? Is it just Secret Origin or Man of Steel or New 52 or a combo of a bunch of stuff?
    It looked like Secret Origin at first but now we know the Kents died earlier than that showed + Clark never met the Legion as a kid, so that's out along with the New 52. I'm just gonna say that until something actively contradicts it it's Birthright because Birthright rules.
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.

  10. #7690
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    What is the origin story for the current Superman? Is it just Secret Origin or Man of Steel or New 52 or a combo of a bunch of stuff?
    It’s the bare bones of Secret Origin right now. Clark and Lex grew up in Smallville but weren’t close friends. Clark’s parents died on his prom night (although that might change with Doomsday Clock, we’ll see). Clark went to college and traveled the world before making his debut as Superman in Metropolis. He never met the Legion as a kid (as of right now anyway). Otherwise it follows Secret Origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It looked like Secret Origin at first but now we know the Kents died earlier than that showed + Clark never met the Legion as a kid, so that's out along with the New 52. I'm just gonna say that until something actively contradicts it it's Birthright because Birthright rules.
    I need to go reread it one of these days. I always liked it but it never really made it into “greatness” for me. Maybe it will move up in rank after I reread it again. Personally either Wolfman’s Man and Superman, Morrison’s Action, Or American Alien are my preferred origins.

  11. #7691
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    As far as I'm concerned, we don't really have a firm origin until 5G hits.

    Granted, that's also going to retcon Superman back to, like, WWII so I'm not really sure how they're going to handle it.

  12. #7692
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, we don't really have a firm origin until 5G hits.

    Granted, that's also going to retcon Superman back to, like, WWII so I'm not really sure how they're going to handle it.
    And they’re bringing back his adventures as Superboy. We’re basically going back to full on Pre-Crisis lol.

  13. #7693
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,023

    Default

    Fraction seems to have just casually confirmed that Ma and Pa are alive current day.

    Also the Heroes and Villains special sounds outstanding. Truly can't wait.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  14. #7694
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And they’re bringing back his adventures as Superboy. We’re basically going back to full on Pre-Crisis lol.
    Man, remember all those years of DC being so against depicting Clark as Superboy in any context? They couldn't even call him Superboy in the Legion cartoon .

  15. #7695
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Fraction seems to have just casually confirmed that Ma and Pa are alive current day.

    Also the Heroes and Villains special sounds outstanding. Truly can't wait.
    So, does this have anything to do with doomsday clock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And they’re bringing back his adventures as Superboy. We’re basically going back to full on Pre-Crisis lol.
    Did matt fraction confirm this? What about clark not recognising the legion in the current book?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •