Page 52 of 613 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    To get an idea of what kind of writer Bendis is, I read issues 1 to 11 of Invincible Iron Man. The only other thing by Bendis that I'm sure I've read was the first 40 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man and that was years ago when I was just getting into comics.

He messes up with race throughout the book, that's the biggest problem, but overall I thought it was good and that Riri was a better written character than not just how Superman's been written recently, but better written than most of Superman's appearances.

Even with the glaring problems, which since I had Superman on the mind, reminded me of "They Call it Suicide Slum" from the 90s, I thought the book was better than Action and Superman have been in years. So if he's at least as good on the Super books as he's been on the issues of Iron Man I read, I don't see myself liking his run less than the current flagship books.

Maybe if I have the time I'll also give Defenders and Infamous Iron Man a go, as both those books are short too.
    Personally I found pretty much all of Bendis' Iron Man work to be a lot more underwhelming then Tomasi and Gleason's, and even Jurgen's, Superman work, but to each their own.

But, outside Riri, I don't think Bendis had much investment in Iron Man that he seems to have in Superman so maybe he'll be able to step up his game here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I found pretty much all of Bendis' Iron Man work to be a lot more underwhelming then Tomasi and Gleason's, and even Jurgen's, Superman work, but to each their own.

But, outside Riri, I don't think Bendis had much investment in Iron Man that he seems to have in Superman so maybe he'll be able to step up his game here.
    I like to think that Bendis is going to write a Superman run on pair with his best work ever, that is his Daredevil run. But less depressing.

Bendis iron man was garbage, as most fans agreed.

Better than the Superman books? Please.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I like to think that Bendis is going to write a Superman run on pair with his best work ever, that is his Daredevil run. But less depressing.
    Even Ed Brubaker's run on DAREDEVIL was less depressing! Which is truly saying something!

BANNED

Here are the two all-new Jinxworld Bendis books coming from DC

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...s-pearl-cover/

Bendis eccc 2018:
    For now, nothing of Superman.. But they are still talking..

https://www.newsarama.com/38857-eccc...dis-panel.html
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-02-2018 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm sorry, but while Riri isn't the insult that some people say, in no way she is better written than most of Superman appearances. Now if you have said the same thing about Bendis Daredevil run, it would be a discussion. But then, unless we're talking about math, physics or engineering it all comes down to opinions in the end, and my opinions is that during the New 52 and Rebirth, Superman have had some pretty good stories that are way better than anything I read with Riri. Though I didn't read that much Riri.
    I think the Rebirth Superman books have produced some of the worst Superman stories ever, so that's where I differ from most readers. Besides Morrison and Pak, the New 52 also fell short most of the time, with Lobdell's run also coming in as one of the worst.

It's like comparing a new TV show to the Simpsons. The Simpsons has dozens of the best episodes of any show ever, but it's also been on for so long that it's accumulated 100s of episodes that aren't that good. So it's be easy for me to say Freaks and Geeks is better than most Simpsons episodes, since its 100s compared to just 18.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Bendis eccc 2018:
    For now, nothing of Superman.. But they are still talking..

https://www.newsarama.com/38857-eccc...dis-panel.html
    I thought this was interesting "A question was asked about what characters do they think still aren't properly explored. Jody says Holly Robinson, Tynion said that the supporting cast of the book he can't talk about just yet. Bendis joked that the correct answer was Legion of Superheroes. Maybe Bendis will try to at least get some legion of superheroes easter eggs in his superman run?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tynion said that the supporting cast of the book he can't talk about just yet.
    hmm.... I am interested in this.. He mentioned his favorite TT run too..

Bendis joked that the correct answer was Legion of Superheroes. Maybe Bendis will try to at least get some legion of superheroes easter eggs in his superman run?
    That surprised me too..

BANNED

I thought this was interesting "A question was asked about what characters do they think still aren't properly explored. Jody says Holly Robinson, Tynion said that the supporting cast of the book he can't talk about just yet. Bendis joked that the correct answer was Legion of Superheroes. Maybe Bendis will try to at least get some legion of superheroes easter eggs in his superman run?
    I wonder which Holly Jody meant. Brubaker's or King's?

Be kind of funny if we get some Legion teases given their return is probably delayed alongside Doomsday Clock .

Already a Q&A, guess we don't have any superman announcements.

BANNED

Already a Q&A, guess we don't have any superman announcements.
    Doesn't look like it.

Bendis did say this though.

A fan asked if Bendis thought Superman or Clark Kent was the true identity. “It’s a very good question,” Bendis said. “What I am fascinated by, out of all he things in he world he could do, he chose to be a reporter. He didn’t have to have any secret identity. I think the reason he chose reporter is, because it’s the one thing he can do for justice that he can’t do as Superman. He can reveal truth. That’s Clark’s job.”

Bendis said he’s found newfound relevance in Superman’s “truth, justice and the American way” adage, which helped inspire him to take on the Man of Steel. “Truth is under siege in our society today,” Bendis continued. “Justice — we see it every day on video, justice is not being handed out to everybody. The American dream, that is also under siege. These things, that seemed cliche just five years ago, are now damn well worth fighting for.

Doesn't look like it.

Sounds like it'll be a very political run.

BANNED

Doesn't look like it.

Oh jeezuz,how dumb and twisted is he gonna make Superman now